Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I love all the X-Men involved since Marvel stated how involved they will be this time around ::eyeroll::
    Well, they are too busy deciding if they should attack the Inhumans or not to care about picking a side.

Quote Originally Posted by jdmorris1124 View Post
    You're right because the X-Men haven't had a Civil War Teaser:
    Attachment 33763

Or a Civil War Book announced:
    Attachment 33764

Oh wait...
    I think that NewMutant was talking about not being involved in the Avengers feud.

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Notice that Kamala Khan is not on either side. Maybe she sees the stupidity of this and is wisely staying out of it, though is still not happy for Carol's choices.
    Well, i think that she is missing because it would be a huge spoiler instead. Probably she starts in one team and ends in the other.

Quote Originally Posted by jdmorris1124 View Post
    I swear X-Fans will jump at the first opportunity to say 'Marvel is leaving the X-Men out of ______, they hate them'.

It's two teaser images.

Do you really think the characters shown are the only ones appearing in the event? Miles isn't even in those pics.
    I would prefer that they stayed out of this, so they wouldnt be trashed like in AvX and AXIS.

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetaryDevastation View Post
    I still don't get why anyone would want to engage in precrime.
    50/13 years of traumas related to superheroing would cause that.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    I sure hope Steve and Tony never directly face each other in this, Steve vs. Tony is such a boring played out fight in the comics at this point.
    I feel the same. I wonder though whether the upcoming movie had any bearing on putting them on opposing sides again?

Also disappointed but not really surprised that Hawkeye is once again standing against Stark. All too predictable in his case.

Why the hell would both Hawkeye and Cap be on Carol's side in this?
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

the1962

Is anyone else questioning some of these placements? Like Cap was all pro rights in the first civil war and now he's willing to forgo trials? Heck even in winter soldier, movie cap was against the helicarriers 'predicting' the future, and you know marvel loves their synergy.
    And did Peter not just see someone being overzealous in their crimefighting get destroyed ie Superior Spider-man?
    As previously stated, She-Hulk is a defense lawyer.
    Hawkeye and Bucky both have questionable pasts. Would they not be for second chances?

Quote Originally Posted by the1962 View Post
    Is anyone else questioning some of these placements? Like Cap was all pro rights in the first civil war and now he's willing to forgo trials? Heck even in winter soldier, movie cap was against the helicarriers 'predicting' the future, and you know marvel loves their synergy.
    And did Peter not just see someone being overzealous in their crimefighting get destroyed ie Superior Spider-man?
    Hawkeye and Bucky both have questionable pasts. Would they not be for second chances?
    Who knows, ,maybe steve is a double agent of tony and as soon as he rejoins team ironman peter goes with him, unless peter's reason to be in team carol i s because she is blackmailing him with revealing his secret identity if he doesn't join her.

Fantastic Member

I haven't read much Captain america so i dunno how close his character is to the movies but if he's anything like the movies at all then shouldn't he be on Team iron Man? "I thought the punishment came after the crime" afterall, it's what he told Nick in the Winter soldier.

so she-hulk is just gonna ignore the whole "Innocent until proven guilty" thing that her whole career sorta revolves around? wtf.

Spider-Man is my fav character so seeing him on carol's side who I believe is the bad guys here is rather annoying, they better have him switch sides again like last time.
    DC: Action Comics, Batman, Batman/Superman, Batman and Robin, Batman Off World, Detective Comics, Flash, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, JG: Flash, JL vs. Godzilla, JSA, Nightwing, Shazam, Superman, Titans, Beast World

Marvel: Amazing Spider-Man, Fall of the House of X, Fantastic Four, Resurrection of Magneto, Spectacular Spider-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man, WolverineL Madripoor Knights, X-Men

Well, the good thing about this is that given that i have no emotional attachment to the ones on the promos, i can enjoy happily the big brawl.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    I feel like Captain Marvel is in the wrong, but the incursions make for a convincing argument for her side.
    In what sense ?.
    The Iluminatti chickened out at last minute and Namor had to freed Thanos and his friends to keep everyone alive.

Well, in the movie, he was against Hydra predicting future superheroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    Why the hell would both Hawkeye and Cap be on Carol's side in this?
    Well, given their contentious history with Tony, it's probably for personal reasons, and then only later realize that their bias against Tony clouded their judgement.

Don't forget Scott Lang, who was also a convicted criminal before he was allowed to have a second chance, too.

And as I mentioned before: is no one on Carol's side asking what this Inhuman who can predict the future really wants? Because what if they're forcing him to do something against his will? Steve would totally be against that on pro civil rights grounds, as well.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Carol's team is the wrong side in this conflict. (You can tell because Iron Man's team has Luke Cage. In a Bendis written event.)
    Hmm... I wonder if Jessica Jones and Iron Fist would also appear alongside Cage?

If what the heroes are fighting over is anything like Minority Report then I don't see how Peter is on Captain Marvel's side. If anything it makes sense that he actually supports Iron Man on this. What.

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Well, given their contentious history with Tony, it's probably for personal reasons, and then only later realize that their bias against Tony clouded their judgement.

Don't forget Scott Lang, who was also a convicted criminal before he was allowed to have a second chance, too.

And as I mentioned before: is no one on Carol's side asking what this Inhuman who can predict the future really wants? Because what if they're forcing him to do something against his will? Steve would totally be against that on pro civil rights grounds, as well.
    I think that's the reason Medusa ends up in her own side.

Quote Originally Posted by jgprime View Post
    If what the heroes are fighting over is anything like Minority Report then I don't see how Peter is on Captain Marvel's side. If anything it makes sense that he actually supports Iron Man on this. What.
    Well, One More Day doesnt make sense either, but there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    Right. Monica, Carol, and I'm assuming that's Adam next to Winter Soldier vs. Black Panther and who appears to be MAC next to Luke Cage.
    Well, Miss America seems to be itching to show all the other Ultimates just what she is capable of in their book and maybe show she's also capable of taking them down if necessary so maybe this will be her chance to prove it.

Niffleheim

Man out of time is on the wrong team because i can't see him supporting charging someone of crime they haven't yet committed (idk why but i feel like adding unless they are X-Men). However the weird part is futurist Toni not supporting predictive justice.

EDIT:
    Last edited by Tofali; 03-17-2016 at 06:15 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Mighty Member

Well, not in changing minor things like crime, but to reserve it for the big things like Incursions, the phoenix, or Celestial judgement. At the very least, it allows for a conversation that isn't driven by immediacy, so the heroes don't have to act all desperate and backstabby all the time. "Hey guys, Korvac is coming back eight months from now, we don't know what he wants or rather he's mentally stable, but he's going straight towards the Inhumans. We need to call them up and make a game plan." Cause we've seen how poorly our heroes react these days when you spring something on them like that at the last minute.

As for the placements, Bucky's makes sense considering he's the man on the wall, it's a proactive position.
    Last edited by scribbleMind; 03-17-2016 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    Man out of time is on the right team because i can't see him supporting charging someone of crime they haven't yet committed (idk why but i feel like adding unless they are X-Men). However the weird part is futurist Toni not supporting predictive justice.
    Or stuff like the terrigen bomb.

Anyways, i think that Stark still remembers what he did in the first Civil War.