Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Amber Heard Officially Confirmed to Play Mera in "Justice League" and "Aquaman"

Amber Heard has officially confirmed that she will be playing the Queen of Atlantis, Mera, in the upcoming DC films "Justice League" and "Aquaman."

Full article here.

Incredible Member

Fantastic way to start building up Aquaman world. Can't wait to see their interaction.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Momoa and Heard might be the most gorgeous superhero couple yet. I recently saw her in The Danish Girl and thought she was good. I'm sure she'll do this role Justice.

Amber Heard is so damn beautiful!
    Favorite Marvel Superheroes (in no particular order): Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Hawkeye (Clint Barton), Wolverine (Logan), Daredevil, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), Black Bolt, Deadpool, Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), The Thing, Cyclops, Emma Frost.

Favorite DC Superheroes (in no particular order): Batman, Batgirl/Oracle (Barbara Gordon), Zatanna, The Flash (Barry Allen), Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Black Canary, Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Shazam.

BANNED

I really don't want to be that guy (we all know who he is) who relentlessly trashes a movie he hasn't seen long before it's even released, based on only the most threadbare information but . . . . Aquaman looks like a depth charge in the making. Mamoa is a decent TV-supporting-role level actor who doesn't have the acting chops or the presence to carry a big budget, big screen movie, and Heard is a simply terrible actress.

This is looking like strong pass for me.

Eh, I was hoping for a woc, possibly a Polynesian actress, I would have had to deal with people actually trying to say red-heads are being erased, and that Mera's red hair is so important as if it's a personality trait, but it's better than the constant trope of poc lead romantically entangled with a white character, totes cool with interracial couplings, but interracial couplings aren't just black/white, Asian/white, Latino/white, etc. In any case, at least they'll make a pretty pair.

what are Mera's powers?

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    I really don't want to be that guy (we all know who he is) who relentlessly trashes a movie he hasn't seen long before it's even released, based on only the most threadbare information but . . . . Aquaman looks like a depth charge in the making. Mamoa is a decent TV-supporting-role level actor who doesn't have the acting chops or the presence to carry a big budget, big screen movie, and Heard is a simply terrible actress.

This is looking like strong pass for me.
    I dont think either are bad actors and I think Mamoa is a star in the making. Just my opinion i.guess

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what are Mera's powers?
    Same as Aquaman's minus the telepathy, but she can control water which he can't do,

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what are Mera's powers?
    Water manipulation and slight super strength right?

Yes! Glad to hear Mera is confirmed to appear. She's going to be huge. Theron would've been my pick but Heard is a great casting too. I loved her performance in "The Danish Girl."
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

I hope Meras appearance means she's an actual member of the Justice League in the movies. She would be a great addition in universe, and brings up the female member count which is only a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    I hope Meras appearance means she's an actual member of the Justice League in the movies. She would be a great addition in universe, and brings up the female member count which is only a good thing.
    No, to Mera in the League. It feels icky. Get Black Canary of Hawkgirl. Hell, maybe Vixen or Zatanna.

So we have someone from Aquaman's supporting cast in the movie (Mera), someone from Batman's supporting cast (Gordon), and I believe Lois is confirmed to be in it which is someone from Superman's supporting cast, so I wonder who we'll get for Flash and if we'll see any of Wonder Woman's modern day supporting cast involved in Justice League?

Incredible Member

I was kinda hoping that she would be cast as Supergirl. She seems to be a little young as queen of Atlantis.