Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Default Ragna the Bloodedge vs. Ruby Rose

Blazblue's main character vs. RWBY's main character.

Ragna's at his Chrono Phantasma levels and Ruby is at Season 3 levels. Ragna's not allowed to use the Idea Engine or activate Blazblue, and Ruby's not allowed to use her eye power (mostly because we have no idea how that works).

If either one of them is capable of blitzing the other, then speed will be equalized.

Ragna does not have the speed feats to keep up with Ruby and considering her own impressive strength (dragging a Nevermore up a cliff face and kicking away Griffins), I'd say that she blitzes him and cuts off his head.

With speed equalized, Ragna wins via Soul Eater.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Blazblue speed is hard for me to judge, since the only person I can recall even catching bullets is Azreal, and storywise they make a much bigger deal about his strength and durability and gameplay wise he's pretty slow as well.

Didn't the anime have Ragna and Nu-13 be just flashes of light zipping all over the Cauldron Room for a portion of their fight?

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Blazblue's main character vs. RWBY's main character.

Ragna's at his Chrono Phantasma levels and Ruby is at Season 3 levels. Ragna's not allowed to use the Idea Engine or activate Blazblue, and Ruby's not allowed to use her eye power (mostly because we have no idea how that works).

If either one of them is capable of blitzing the other, then speed will be equalized.
    Okay so when you say Chrono Phantasma do you mean his state for the majority of the storyline (in which he's basically crippled with only one arm and one functioning eye and no powers to speak of), or the one where he at least has the Azure Grimoire functional even if not activated?
    Last edited by Siriel; 03-18-2016 at 05:48 AM.

Anyway the answer is that she beats cripple powerless Ragna just fine because he's kind of a loser and it's an ongoing joke in Blazblue that Ragna can't do a thing without the Grimoire.

Ragna when he's actually powered by the Grimoire (but not activating it) literally waves away magical traps that would vaporize people, launches massive area of effects (including blowing up an entire NOL branch in one blast), is generally at the level where entire armies of magic soldiers die against him, and comfortably defeats Jin at a time when Jin does stuff like create skyscrapers-sized chunks of ice instantly and freezes entire buildings in one move.

Ruby is not taking him, is what I'm saying.
    Last edited by Siriel; 03-18-2016 at 05:45 AM.

For clarification, he's as powerful as he'd be if Celica was not close enough to affect him with her Azure-neutralizing effect.

For clarification, he's as powerful as he'd be if Celica was not close enough to affect him with her Azure-neutralizing effect.
    Then you just sent the little red reaper to her grave.

Which is a shame since she'd make a great little sister-figure for him and vice versa.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Then yeah he just explodes the arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Then you just sent the little red reaper to her grave.

Which is a shame since she'd make a great little sister-figure for him and vice versa.
    Honestly, my headcanon is that Ragna, Jin and Saya are Ruby and Weiss' kids, with Taokaka somehow being Blake's and Yang's (with a personality that takes after Aunt Ruby). It helps that Ragna, at least, it's implied to be an unnatural birth.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 03-18-2016 at 09:12 AM.