Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Here's my own thoughts about the Dead No More teaser here: http://whateveraspidercan.com/2016/0...ser-from-c2e2/

And for me, I'm still maintaining my stance that it's "none of the above" because:

1. With Martha and Billy Connors in the teaser, who we know was "brought back" by the mystery man in the red suit, that makes their resurrection automatically suspect as whoever Red Suit man is clearly has a hidden agenda, and

2. There's no way Marvel would ever bring back Uncle Ben for real as it would completely undo what motivates Spider-Man.
    So out of all these dead characters, no Silver Sable? Wonder what part she'll play in this story. She's bound to, since Peter recalled back to her death in the first issue of Vol 4, after having not given it a second thought since it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    So out of all these dead characters, no Silver Sable? Wonder what part she'll play in this story. She's bound to, since Peter recalled back to her death in the first issue of Vol 4, after having not given it a second thought since it happened.
    Maybe she never actually died.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Maybe she never actually died.
    I was thinking that is a possibility too. That Avenging Spider-Man follow up issue was very unclear.

Resurrecting someone seems like such a bad premise for an event. It's like they're running out of ideas

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by normanosborn View Post
    Resurrecting someone seems like such a bad premise for an event. It's like they're running out of ideas
    "Dead No More" is sounding a lot like the plot to Slott's own "Mysterioso" arc in ASM #618-620, where Mysterio was faking the return of various mobsters along with Carlie's father (who actually wasn't dead).

Then, building off of that story, we had "The Ghost of Jean DeWolff" in ASM #663-664, where Yuri Wantanabe was faking being DeWolff in the Wraith costume, for I can't remember what reason.

Also, Uncle Ben has appeared so much in Spider-Man the last 10 years, in dream sequences and flashbacks, especially in Spider-Verse, and further alt-U stories like JM DeMatteis' ASM #700 backup (among various others' comics), that he's getting to be a regular recurring support character in his own right.

So I'm not getting what the thinking is behind this "event". I'm sure there'll be a twist on it all, but it just seems so overdone.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

So.. Will this crossover into the other Spider books?

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Very possible. I believe slott hintef itll be a 6 issue arc. Most likely the tie ins will be some characters are back from the dead affecting them. Otherwise itll just be a contai ed arc whi h id prefer aince i only get Amazing
    X-Men Forever

Mighty Member

Perhaps tell Gwen Stacy who died was a clone and the real Gwen is in hiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    Going from left to right who I'm thinking the characters are:
    Martha Connors, Billy Connors, Fredrick Foswell,Uncle Ben, Jean DeWolf, Captain Stacy, Marla Jameson, dunno who the last guy is suppose to be. Surprised Gwen isn't shown in the promo.
    I'm pretty sure that is Montana, not Frederick Foswell. And, yeah, I have no clue who the last guy is supposed to be nor what the large partial figure on the right of the panel is supposed to be either, symbiotic related?

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I'm pretty sure that is Montana, not Frederick Foswell. And, yeah, I have no clue who the last guy is supposed to be nor what the large partial figure on the right of the panel is supposed to be either, symbiotic related?
    I'm starting to wonder if this might be the first of a series of connecting covers.

There are some obvious suspects who aren't here, and the symbiote (or whatever) directs the eye elsewhere.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

What happened to Martha and Billy Conners?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    What happened to Martha and Billy Conners?
    Eaten by the Lizard

Quote Originally Posted by doomeye56 View Post
    Eaten by the Lizard
    Please tell me you're not serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Please tell me you're not serious.
    Martha died of cancer, but Billy was eaten by the Lizard.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Martha died of cancer, but Billy was eaten by the Lizard.
    Well geez, that's.... nasty...
    I hope nobody's tried to turn the Lizard into an antihero at this point..