Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Didn't expect to see Punisher blow away that dudes face lol. Especially since before that, they turned away on alot of his violence.
    It was a reference to the comic book Finn Cooley, who walked around with his face damaged exactly like that.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

I finished watching this season earlier tonight. I am tempted to go ahead and watch it again. Bernthal was excellent as the Punisher. It was epic through and through. The stairwell fight scene with the bikers, the lovers moment between Elektra and Matt before the climatic battle at the end, and Wilson Fisk pummeling Murdoch into jelly are highlight sequences among so many. I can't wait for season 3.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

Watching it again - Round 2
    Rather than repeating what most people have been saying, one thought as I'm watching Frank's trial again is the montage of the potential jurors:
    -- I noticed that all the people who objected to The Punisher were all white men, and all his supporters were women of color. What is that? The cynic is me says that having those women be pro-Frank = they represent victims, whereas they didn't want to have a white guy be pro-Frank because they would seem pro-gun right-wing. It's too bad they didn't try challenge us a bit more.

Oh, and it's interesting that DD stopped Frank from killing those mobsters when they "teamed up," but seemed to have no problem with Elektra getting all eye-stabby with the sai. Ninja lives matter too!
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 03-19-2016 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Rather than repeating what most people have been saying, one thought as I'm watching Frank's trial again is the montage of the potential jurors:
    -- I noticed that all the people who objected to The Punisher were all white men, and all his supporters were women of color. What is that? The cynic is me says that having those women be pro-Frank = they represent victims, whereas they didn't want to have a white guy be pro-Frank because they would seem pro-gun right-wing. It's too bad they didn't try challenge us a bit more.

Oh, and it's interesting that DD stopped Frank from killing those mobsters when they "teamed up," but seemed to have no problem with Elektra going on a killing spree. Ninja lives matter too!
    I actually wondered if DD was losing his center, that maybe he was coming to accept the idea that some people needed killing and just couldn't make up his mind for sure about things from lives to women. I am not sure. But it was an interesting struggle to watch and I hope we see him finally make a choice to affirm his views in solid fashion.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

Ultimate Member

I feel like it's more likely that the idea was that WOC were more likely to have witnessed/been the victims of the kind of crimes that Frank is fighting against. So there was more of a natural sympathy for him. Sort of how like some Punisher stories depict the rank and file police as being more supportive of him (or at least willing to look the other way when it comes to his actions) than the higher ups, because the ordinary cops/detectives have to deal with this crap on a daily basis.

But that's just a theory that I had.

Oh, and it's interesting that DD stopped Frank from killing those mobsters when they "teamed up," but seemed to have no problem with Elektra getting all eye-stabby with the sai. Ninja lives matter too!
    Oh, duh. I forgot the part where DD stops her from killing that Hand guy and almost gets her killed. (I had watched that one in the middle of the night in my binge-frenzy - must've been tired )

It took me two nights, but I just got back from watching it at a friend's house. Such a great season. Jon Bernthal as Punisher was the best part of the season, for me. Finally, a Punisher as bad ass and as brutal as I always wanted to see. Not a soft, friendly neighbour that we got in the Tom Jane version, and definitely not the Bugs Bunny physics one we got with Ray Stevenson.

Finally, a bad ass Punisher. Seriously...a bad ass Punisher! I can't say it enough!

I actually thought the action was co-ordinated a lot better, this season. The action seemed done better. The cinematography is also more beautiful than last season, IMO.

I need to watch this again soon.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

My only complaints are:

-The Punisher's help in the final fight. Would've made more of an impact had he been there earlier, not just for the 4 bad guys left at the end. Why not load that roof up with tons more ninjas for Frank to pick off during the whole (or most of the) fight, that would've been a great final team up to close out the season.
    -Karen Page. The only thing I liked about her was her tenuous relationship with Frank, everything else annoyed me. Every time they focused on her in the background to show a little smirk or proud smile when Foggy or Matt did or said something she liked, on her own breaking into The Punisher's house (smart!), the "hey, I guess I'll be a reporter now" career change, ugh...almost everything. I was actually glad she walked in on Matt and Elektra (and Stick, wonder what she though of that), break them up, please.

Other than that I loved this season, can't wait for more.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I just finished this season and it was spectacular. Everything worked in this season and the Punisher stole the show every time he was on screen.

I'm wracking my brain thinking of what they will do to fill a 3rd season.

Fantastic Member Potanical Pardon's Avatar

So...Born Again for Season 3. And Kevin Smith's first arc Season 4?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

There are plenty of white guys that are pro-Frank. When Frank was being put on the stand you see the clear divide of anti and pro Frank in the courtroom and lots of white guys on the pro Frank side. The show made it clear just how split the city of New York is when it comes to Frank.

Quote Originally Posted by Potanical Pardon View Post
    So...Born Again for Season 3. And Kevin Smith's first arc Season 4?
    Aww yeah! "Born Again" would be perfect for season 3. The Kingpin has already sworn revenge on Murdock, Foggy and Daredevil. Fisk will likely be out of prison by season 3. Plus, Nuke was introduced in Jessica Jones.

I can't believe some critics didn't love season 2. This was way better than the first season imo. I loved it so much. Elektra was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I can't believe some critics didn't love season 2. This was way better than the first season imo. I loved it so much. Elektra was amazing.
    Where do you find critic reviews for TV and Netflix shows?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    Where do you find critic reviews for TV and Netflix shows?
    Rotten tomatoes does TV too. Second season is currently 75%. Fan reactions are more positive at 95%.