Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Quote Originally Posted by tetragene View Post
    But she always was distinctive. Now she's just distinctive in a negative way. I've never understood that -- anytime there's more than 1 blonde on a team it's a matter of not having enough uniqueness/distinctness & it's too troubling to differentiate them. You never hear those same complaints about dark haired characters (the majority) or even redheads. I'm not sold on Bendis's reasoning at all, I can only hope it's temporary & he actually does something worthwhile with her other than the superficial "grrr angry!" bit. And one of my main problems with it is the longstanding "comics" thing that seems to dictate that a woman can't be feminine AND mad/badass/unhinged -- she needs to be butched up first!

I don't think a characters base visuals have to be screwed with to make them stand out. That's what costumes are supposed to be doing. And horrible costume aside, that hair is just an assault to the eyes (even if it were all blonde -- she's a 30-ish heterosexual woman for Pete's sake). I think colorists should also be sent a memo that blonde comes in more than the 1 shade they seem to be using company wide lol
    When Terry Dodson is drawing, I can't tell if its Karima, Psylocke, or Monet.. so..... it applies to Brunettes

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I got bored, so i went in and tweaked her costume a bit.

Still looks pretty bad, but not quite as horrible, I think.
    I was hoping this was official, oh well. Thanks for fixing the underwear problem, at least! I think you did a good job here.

And yes, that does look better, but that's like saying a car wreck is better than a train wreck.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    I was hoping this was official, oh well. Thanks for fixing the underwear problem, at least! I think you did a good job here.

And yes, that does look better, but that's like saying a car wreck is better than a train wreck.
    Dazzler should take notes. If you're going to go goth, do it RIGHT:

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Immonen trumped that design and he wasn't even trying.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    that was pichelli, natch, Immomen is all about colorblocking.

I wonder who's gonna get saddled with being Dazzler's little sidekick during this dark period? I mean, I'd be all in for her just being this wild card, crashing with the Uncanny team for a while but every x-member that goes to a dark ass place has a de facto sidekick that anchors them, reminds them of who they are, the optimism of youth blahblahyblah and a character like Dazzler needs that. or does she? if so, my bets are on BenDeeds but it being Triage would be a nice way to highlight both characters. He seems to be the team cheerleader.

Somewhere in comatose land, I imagine Lois laughing her ass off.

I kinda liked the white costume she was wearing. She looked kinda cool in the latest issue with her makeup all smeared and whatnot. She looked pissed...

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    Agreed and seconded. The clothes Laura is wearing in the panel just is something Dazzler would be wearing. As well as fittting more with her character imo.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    I kinda liked the white costume she was wearing. She looked kinda cool in the latest issue with her makeup all smeared and whatnot. She looked pissed...
    they could have left it there. A Dazzler with the running mascara and smeared make-up is waaaaaay more of a representation of what she might be going through especially if that look was maintained by Ali. It harkens back to her iconic look in a way but it's also telling.

Her current eye-makeup while, a nice nod seems out of place. If she's pissed by what her past has led to- then why sport one of the more recognizable symbols of from it? It's like Storm trying to wear the tiara and the mohawk. It's a mixed message to the reader if not deliberately touched upon in-story.

It's a visual medium and Ali is a Visualizer a character that is so absolutely tied to her look, almost more than any other Marvel character.
    Last edited by ohsnapulon5000; 07-18-2014 at 09:47 PM.

BANNED

Worse than Wolverine's new duds.