Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    haven't seen one Anka design that passes muster with me.
    That's because you have good taste, and don't rely upon Tumblr to tell you what looks good and what doesn't.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 07-12-2014 at 08:46 AM.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

i hope they also touch upon Dazzler's unique physiology. we've been teased with figuring out what the true nature of her powers as near every writer has implied that her inability to die has something to do with her being more than just mutant. Is Dazzler a dysfunctional Eternal, or what?

Either way, it's hella disrespectful that she defiled one of Darkstar's old uniforms to make whatever it is she's wearing now. who ok'd that? Magneto must have hated Darkstar.....

BANNED

"It looks like Marvel has finally decided to update Dazzler's look in order to appeal to a younger generation of fans, and by younger generation of fans, of course we mean teenagers in the 1990s who are very into Marilyn Manson and smoke clove cigarettes. We're not sure how Marvel plans to distribute the book to twenty years ago, but with all the time-travel shenanigans going on in the X-books, we're confident they'll figure it out."

I thought this comment was pretty funny and spot on!

source: http://www.theouthousers.com/index.p...nny-x-men.html

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenetik View Post
    "It looks like Marvel has finally decided to update Dazzler's look in order to appeal to a younger generation of fans, and by younger generation of fans, of course we mean teenagers in the 1990s who are very into Marilyn Manson and smoke clove cigarettes. We're not sure how Marvel plans to distribute the book to twenty years ago, but with all the time-travel shenanigans going on in the X-books, we're confident they'll figure it out."

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa....I guess she is finally almost catching up to the times. 20yrs short but it is still a big jump from the disco era!
    Last edited by blinkingblah; 07-12-2014 at 12:37 PM.

What? You're crazy! Dazzler's silvery iconic look is TIMELESS!!

I don't know. If I was a Dazzler fan, this new look might infuriate me slightly, but, really, it just doesn't even look like Dazzler. AT ALL.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenetik View Post

That...is the most accurate description of the new look I've seen. Like, I'm pretty sure I knew this girl in high school in the 90's and even then I knew she looked ridiculous.

BANNED

There's certain characters for whom the Goth look works. Dazzler ain't one of 'em.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

seriously tho, while i'm glad Dazzler changes up her look frequently, The 616 public, the ones that made her movie a chart topper in the midst of a huge anti mutant wave of sentiment- know her by her iconic silver costume. It was one of the outfits she wore in the movie so.... variations of that "timeless" silver theme work for when she's casually "doing the super-hero" thing. Or sporting heavy blues, yellows, and a sweat band for when she's "hanging with X-folk", and her show costumes are for when she's doing her night work.

BANNED

See, this shows why Remender needs to be coached up by Bendis. Feeling down because internet fans are hating on you? Pick a beloved character and troll the hell out of their fanbase by doing something like this. I'm not a Dazzler fan so I love it for the humor, but I get the outrage if you care about her.

BANNED

maybe Dazzler needs to get some fashion advise from another ageing outdated pop diva???

Jennifer-Lopez-DC-20.jpg

at least this one sparkles and should be comfortable while fighting a Sentinel!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    seriously tho, while i'm glad Dazzler changes up her look frequently, The 616 public, the ones that made her movie a chart topper in the midst of a huge anti mutant wave of sentiment- know her by her iconic silver costume. It was one of the outfits she wore in the movie so.... variations of that "timeless" silver theme work for when she's casually "doing the super-hero" thing. Or sporting heavy blues, yellows, and a sweat band for when she's "hanging with X-folk", and her show costumes are for when she's doing her night work.
    totally agree. Even the same redesign but in her silver color (minus moth holes) and I think reaction would have been lessened. Put the make-up on both eyes. They hair is fine. I also think better rendering on the cover art could gave helped. All characters have something that keeps them to their namesake, this pretty much removed all of it, hence the calls of b.s. on the design.

How about ... an emo Dazzler! More like it with arm slashes!

*whispers* It's not Dazzler. It's her sister impersonating her.
    Also I think Marvel has LOST the ability to be creative w/heroine uniforms. Apparently they can't be more creative w/Rogue and NOW look what they are doing w/Dazzler. smh

All-New Member

I think that the STAR BURST in the middle needs too be on the Right-Eye or the Left-Eye, and An X too replace the STARBURST in the middle of the suit. nuff said. (:
    Last edited by Kode; 07-13-2014 at 04:31 PM.