Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    She fought with posters of herself which not only ripped her clothes but shaved and dyed her hair AND tattooed her face? This could be the most trippy comic fight ever!
    Gosh I would love that, but I doubt it.

Shocking that a woman changes her hairstyle though, seems unrealistic.

Maybe they did it so Longshot's new hair would seem less stupid next to her.

Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

Just keep her blonde.... the rest I can deal with through meditation and valium.

I do agree with tetragene, and have to wonder why they have to give her such an extreme makeover just because she is going though it.
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMcMuffin View Post
    Anyway, why doesn't everyone just switch to Age of X costumes? They're all so good, was it Mann who designed them?
    Yes he designed all of them. Loved his Sunspot, Cyclops, Dazzler, Warpath, Frenzy and Cypher designs. I think the only one I did not like was Pixie.
    AgeOfX-Cast4.jpgAge-of-X-Lineup-Close-ups-2.jpg
    Last edited by havok; 06-20-2014 at 05:37 PM.
    How about Alex?

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Everyone involved in the creation of this new look clearly hates Dazzler.

BANNED

I guess he isn't really through doing to Daz what he did to Wanda and Tigra. Still it's not like any editor at marvel is going to say no. And I suppose the more we as fans don't like it the more marvel will say 'Deal with it fanboys, we own the character and you don't! Ha, Ha, Ha!" And there will soon the be fans saying to other fans "You're taking it too seriously, give him a chance" or "Hey, he's trying something knew for the character, what you don't like change?" or the ever reliable "You just hate Bendis and haters gotta hate".
    Last edited by Mark; 06-20-2014 at 05:56 PM.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

I don't hate the new design, but I am Continually Baffled that no one has injected some more Grace Jones into Dazzler's look. Romita Jr. originally planned to base Dazzler off of her ... I think the character's original design would have had some more lasting potential if he had. At least more lasting potential than Bo Derek's career.

HORRIBLE. Just it. Also, if she's out for revenge, how is she supposed to walk/run on high heels? It's a trope that should already be dead. BTW SPOILERS FROM ISSUE 22 - Wasn't Dark Beast locked up? How did he escape and why would he be experimenting on himself?

Ultimate Member

It's a horrible design for regular Dazzler. However, for a Dazzler who's been subjected to horrific Nazi-esque treatment and is suffering from a massive case of PTSD, it could work.

I am a huge, huge fan of Anka, but highly disappointed in this look-- the edge and black probably being mandated by Bendis.

The hair is uninspiring, but I really love the boots and black turtle neck (which seems very high fashion). I just hope the rips and tears aren't actual design elements of the costume; that would make it terrible. I don't know why edgy has to mean black and/or mohawky. We couldn't get a hairstyle akin to this for Dazzler?

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

They could have made her edgy and still kept her blond hair I think, it seems when characters go through radical changes its always a punk rock grunge look to them and their are different ways to make a character edgy.

My only issue is the face. It seems to be lacking something. Depth, detail. Like she is wearing a Hellfire Club soldier mask with a Dazzler symbol painted on it.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

I think that Dazzler's look very good in a modern/punk rock sort of way. I also think it's a good nod to the Ultimate Dazzler.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I guess he isn't really through doing to Daz what he did to Wanda and Tigra. Still it's not like any editor at marvel is going to say no. And I suppose the more we as fans don't like it the more marvel will say 'Deal with it fanboys, we own the character and you don't! Ha, Ha, Ha!" And there will soon the be fans saying to other fans "You're taking it too seriously, give him a chance" or "Hey, he's trying something knew for the character, what you don't like change?" or the ever reliable "You just hate Bendis and haters gotta hate".
    A big part of the reason comics will be all but extinct within the next 15 years. They have done next to nothing to bring in new readers and make an effort to get rid of the few left.

This is a terrible idea, it kills everything that makes the character great. And, you know, ultimate Dazzler went over so well the first time...

Why they didn't go with this suit?

10390309_10204183944508913_3481277554414468214_n.jpg