Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AoANightcrawler View Post
    A big part of the reason comics will be all but extinct within the next 15 years. They have done next to nothing to bring in new readers and make an effort to get rid of the few left.

This is a terrible idea, it kills everything that makes the character great. And, you know, ultimate Dazzler went over so well the first time...
    But if it sells marvel will just laugh at us some more.

well well.. people,you know we are in 2014 ... not in 80,90 or any other year.
    she needs a change.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jorge17881 View Post
    well well.. people,you know we are in 2014 ... not in 80,90 or any other year.
    she needs a change.
    She looks more 80s now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman#22 View Post
    I think that Dazzler's look very good in a modern/punk rock sort of way. I also think it's a good nod to the Ultimate Dazzler.
    I actually liked Ultimate Dazzler. The Brody Dalle look worked well. Looking at them together in the article that image stands out as being way better than the new look.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

Quote Originally Posted by Novaya Havoc View Post
    lol I returned at the perfect time

Nice to see Ms. Alison BASIC copying Lois. :eyes
    The Mortienvy is strong

You know, worst part is when you think about the fact that she's someone's mom. If I were Shatterstar, I'd be hiding my face and denying any relation right about now.

lol. We'll see what happens. It would have been great if she went Beyonce/Rihanna..

Quote Originally Posted by broski View Post
    We couldn't get a hairstyle akin to this for Dazzler?

Who would draw such a mess consistently panel after panel, month after month?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

"Can you talk about dazzlers design process?

When I was brought onto uncanny, the first thing I was asked to do was design a new “punk” dazzler that was specifically easy to cosplay, that Bendis had been keen of bringing into the book from the storyline he was creating for her. After a few rounds of notes, this is where the design fell.
    I can go into more specifics into the process when I get home next week, but it doesn’t seem like people like it enough for me to elaborate on it."

from Anka's tumblr

I usually don't complain much about changes and everything, but I really didn't liked very much the new design so between that "new Dazzler" design, Magik and Emma's new costume I guess that Kitty is the one with the better costume of the Uncanny X-Women and that's not even a compliment. The younger ones have been more lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    He is clearly Charlie. Who'd be Charlie if he was Bosley?
    No one. I dunno. Doesn't really have an equivalent since you never see Charlie. He's just a voice.

Dead Charlie can be Charlie.

I almost feel as though having a really well-designed punk outfit would be slightly out of character for Dazzler. She becomes more lovable each time she takes an earnest failure in stride and moves on.
    Marvel: Miracleman, All-New & Uncanny X-Men, Daredevil
    DC/Vertigo: Multiversity, Sandman Overture, Astro City
    Image: Tooth & Claw, Trees, Supreme: Blue Rose, Lazarus
    Other: X-Files Season 10

I think this dazzler before the change

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

Really liked it! Shows that shes angry,.. for everything she's been through! badass! Love Dazz!
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

Amazing Member

Please by the grace of Odin, the wrath of Surtur, and the omnipotence of the Vishanti kick Bendis off Uncanny. He can have his ANXM because continuity and history matters little there, but he needs to gtfo.

Quote Originally Posted by tetragene View Post
    Her being PO'ed & raging makes sense, but the image change does not. That only makes sense if every character is expected to wear their turmoil & trauma on their sleeve (or in this case on top of their head...). I really hate that shallow, angsty approach that's taken when characters experience something traumatic. Look! They're angry & troubled now, the hair & clothes prove it!

Bar NEX (which also made no sense & was an equally awful look) the character has never resorted to annoyingly needy pangs of mirroring her troubles through her physical appearance. She's been hated & feared, hunted, lived off saltines & ketchup packs, dealt with a psycho sister, been a herald for Galactus, had her career ruined, harassed/stalked, led a rebellion on a never-ending wartorn dimension, killed evil Xaviers, etc... all without swiping clothes from a bag lady or getting a butch black haircut/dye job.

There's nothing wrong with feminine, pretty characters coming out of traumatic events and KEEPING their femininity while still being able to get angry & lethal. It's disappointing that relatively few writers/artists think that, though
    To be fair, the writing will not be strong or convincing enough. The art will have to tell the story for the reader.