Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Let me guess.. she is no longer a pop star. But a punk rock Bag lady who still listens to Marilyn Manson?

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Ugh, first Jubilee and now Dazzler? I bet Pixie will be next. What's the need to make the lighter hearted characters darker and brooder? Kitty Pryde grew up and she's hardly ever been required to be that way herself. This look I cannot see lasting, just like Storm's terrible Mohawk a sane writer will come and wipe it away down the line and most will be happy.
    For The Record. I LOVE Storm's Mohawk.
    - JLA Member Bedlam66 -
    JPEG League of America

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Definitely, Bendis hates Disco. And he is right, Disco is dead.
    But so is Punk.
    Still, is a cool desing by Anka.
    She could always go Hair Metal.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    So many good artist are awful designers. This is a great example. So is Bachalo... who designed her Shield uniform. Dazzler hasn't ever had a stellar uniform.
    She does under Lightengale.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    She does under Lightengale.
    http://th03.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2012/123/7/2/72f164f32ebaa7ce32f4588de0b20b3e-d4yfk0j.png[/IMG]
    That is . . . . Horrid.
    - JLA Member Bedlam66 -
    JPEG League of America

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Awesomely awful. Well played.

Quote Originally Posted by jorge17881 View Post
    now she going to have two children with magneto and then going out with (paris hilton) -who look like she in the x men maybe emma
    OMG poor dazzler
    Well once she just shaves her head completely, there'll be no turning back and she'll be the laughing stock of the X-Men for life. There's still time for her to turn back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bedlam66 View Post
    That is . . . . Horrid.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Where RuPaul is Bendis/Anka's redesign and the black haired individual represents the readers/Dazzler/good taste.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Bendis royally screwing up dazzler continues. From idiot shield to mystique take over no one cared to notice. Of course another example of bendis long record of not being able to write x characters that began before he was writing two x-books.

Quote Originally Posted by Model 1911A1 Cal .45 View Post
    I like it. No more Miss Nice Girl.
    Which would be great. If Dazzler would get some sort of revenge or payback. Which so far Bendis keeps avoiding doing. If your going to take a nice character make her dark at least let the character get some sort of payback imo.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    Which would be great. If Dazzler would get some sort of revenge or payback. Which so far Bendis keeps avoiding doing. If your going to take a nice character make her dark at least let the character get some sort of payback imo.
    I'd give it some time since she's only been back for one issue so far, and from what I've seen of the issue 23 preview she is going to have some issues with all the MGH and Madripoor. I have no doubt revenge will come.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I'd give it some time since she's only been back for one issue so far, and from what I've seen of the issue 23 preview she is going to have some issues with all the MGH and Madripoor. I have no doubt revenge will come.
    As usual I remain skeptical. From what I saw of the preview of issue 23. She gets anything but revenge imo. The scene wither her character and her body language kind of makes it look she just found out she can't touch Mystique. For whatever reason. I could be wrong yet it does not come across as someone happy or getting what she wants. Not to mention it's Bendis. Who favors his characters so much he makes them do anything and everything. I like Bendis writing mostly. I despise how he protects his favored characters. So even being as Mystique fan I want to see Dazzler get payback. I don't expect to see it happen later if ever. I hope to be proven wrong. I'm not holding my breath. The only time Mystique suffered any serious revenge by another character was when Wolverine "killed" her. Only to be brought back stronger then ever.
    Last edited by sureshot; 06-20-2014 at 09:50 PM.

BANNED

I look at it and I feel the biggest piece of contempt for me is the bottom half, specifically the huge hole showing her hip bone and obviously nothing underneath, and it is a skirt. You can change a character, and people change their hair all the time but Dazzler is not the type to have her bits exposed...I honestly find it gross and uncomfortable. They were doing so well in the lessening objectification...save for Emma. Now you have one with her chest exposed and another with her lower half in a compromising design. Seems too much "fantasy", especially knowing the design was made with the "easy to cosplay" instruction. This may be too soap box based on one picture but it really is where I found the design completely wrong. http://kristaferanka.tumblr.com/post...-process#notes

I can see the outfit being used for a concert. Or tour with a band. Fighting villains not so much imo. They would be too busy laughing or trying to hit on Dazzler.