Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default MCU Punisher in Nolanverse Gotham

Starting at the beginning of The Dark Knight a new player appears in Gotham.

Frank Castle from the newest season of Daredevil appears in Nolanverse Gotham with an arsenal of military grade weapons, no one knows anything about him.

What occurs now that Castle has set his sights on a worse wretched hive than the big apple.

For fairness sake, assume the events that lead to Punisher being Punisher still occured, simply in the Nolanverse New York (and without Daredevil or the MCU's involvement obviously).
    Fortunam adversarius, nihil prosperum habebitis

He cleans house. Even Joker would be resolved very quickly since Frank would just shoot him.
    Bane? That bald head of his makes a nice target for a sniper rifle.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

He'd kill Batman, too.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    He'd kill Batman, too.
    In that scenario, nope. However, he definitely takes a warning headshot.

In a fight? BatBale gets totally murdered, both in H2H (remember that MCU Frank is fast enough to at least keep up with Matt and able to one-hit KO people without the help of reinforced gloves) and with standard equipment.

Problem with Batman, is, his suit ain't as durable as Matt's, a warning shot to the dome would do more than concuss him.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

He'd be more effective than Batman. Everyone would be dead.

Selena taking him to see Bane in the sewer would have been over in seconds as he unloads a mag into Bane's face.

Because awesome.
    Fortunam adversarius, nihil prosperum habebitis

Since he has an amazing ability to track people down, they set them up and he mows them down. Granted the Joker would play a different game if it was the Punisher but I just don't think any of them showed the skills necessary to deal with him.
    Power with Girl is better.

The Joker's prep was above anyone in the Daredevil universe by far (it was near omniscient to the point of impossibility when looked at practically), and Ra's organization had more depth. Batman is only really alive because The Joker really didn't want to kill him. Batman was also alive with Bane because Talia didn't want to kill him.

The Joker basically took out the Gotham mob with prep, which is better than Frank accomplished, for instance. Ra's prepped covering the entire city with fear gas, Bane/Talia prepped a nuke in the middle of the city that stopped everyone from attacking them directly.

Also, Gotham had a bunch of Punishers running around for a while, wearing hockey pads. They weren't as good, but the mob and people like the Scarecrow are used to dealing with vigilantes with guns.

Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    The Joker's prep was above anyone in the Daredevil universe by far (it was near omniscient to the point of impossibility when looked at practically), and Ra's organization had more depth. Batman is only really alive because The Joker really didn't want to kill him. Batman was also alive with Bane because Talia didn't want to kill him.

The Joker basically took out the Gotham mob with prep, which is better than Frank accomplished, for instance. Ra's prepped covering the entire city with fear gas, Bane/Talia prepped a nuke in the middle of the city that stopped everyone from attacking them directly.

Also, Gotham had a bunch of Punishers running around for a while, wearing hockey pads. They weren't as good, but the mob and people like the Scarecrow are used to dealing with vigilantes with guns.
    Calling Punisher a vigilante with a gun is a severe misrepresentation. And saying "not as good" is also a severe understatement lol.

Scarcrow and his crew would have been blown away and not even known where Frank was at.

I would say Netflix Punisher and Joker both were... eerily good at prep. I mean ****, Frank waited for his former CO, somehow knew he would drive off in Karen's vehicle, and then rammed HIS side of the car only (how did he know Karen would be driving???) without hurting Karen at all. I mean, what the hell lol.

The only difference is, is that if Frank sees Joker at all, its one shot one kill on the spot.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

One batch, two batch.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    One batch, two batch.
    Penny and Dime.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Calling Punisher a vigilante with a gun is a severe misrepresentation. And saying "not as good" is also a severe understatement lol.

Scarcrow and his crew would have been blown away and not even known where Frank was at.

I would say Netflix Punisher and Joker both were... eerily good at prep. I mean ****, Frank waited for his former CO, somehow knew he would drive off in Karen's vehicle, and then rammed HIS side of the car only (how did he know Karen would be driving???) without hurting Karen at all. I mean, what the hell lol.

The only difference is, is that if Frank sees Joker at all, its one shot one kill on the spot.
    The Punisher was found (as in who he was) by a legal assistant doing minimal detective work, and by(in person) the Irish mob doing the most minimal detective work ever. They then ambushed him in a public place and captured him, with him only escaping because they were torturing info out of him.

The Joker was only found once, by Batman using a device that could literally locate anyone in the city as soon as they said a single word. Otherwise, he was impossible to find when he did not want to be found.

"The Punisher would just shoot him" completely ignores what the Joker did in the movie. The Joker WENT to people that would ALSO just shoot him...with grenades strapped all over himself. The whole "just shoot The Joker" meme is silly in general (it -has- happened to comic Joker a ton, even in the head, by a cop. He gets better.), but especially when applied to Nolan Joker, who never made himself vulnerable unless he was absolutely sure he would win in the end if he was killed anyway, and worked like a ghost otherwise.
    Last edited by abmccray; 03-23-2016 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post

The Joker was only found once, by Batman using a device that could literally locate anyone in the city as soon as they said a single word. Otherwise, he was impossible to find when he did not want to be found.

Replace BatBale with Punisher in this scene. No more clown.

Joker also only got out of prison because the police were utterly, hilariously inept.
    Granted, you could also say the same about the sniper scene in Daredevil.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Didn't Frank allow the Irish to capture him so to get access to their boss?