Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Geoff Johns most overlooked run

Title says it all. What do you feel Johns most overlooked work is. To me it is his Actuon comics run. I feel like he really really rejuvenated that superman in those stories, but I don't hear people talk much about it. What do you thin of his superman? Is there another run that you feel deserves more attention?

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Batman Earth One

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Batman Earth One
    This.
    He's had many celebrated (or at least acknowledged) runs on books, but this one never gets mentioned. But, to be fair, I never hear anything about any of the Earth One GNs. I've enjoyed all of them and look forward to each new release.

Yea, I never hear a mention about his Batman: Earth One GN. Maybe it's because he has a bad reputation on how he handled the character in JL, i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Yea, I never hear a mention about his Batman: Earth One GN. Maybe it's because he has a bad reputation on how he handled the character in JL, i guess.
    Yeah, but that shouldn't affect an alternate reality story. It's like Brian Bendis. I damn sure don't want him writing Amazing Spider-Man, but his Ultimate Spider-Man (especially the first 3-4 years) were really good, imo.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Maybe his second Flash run? The rotten taste Rebirth left in the mouth beforehand and the stupidity of Flashpoint afterwards obscured that there was a year in the middle of pretty solid superhero adventures; I'd call it his last genuinely good comic.
    Buh-bye

Does it have to be DC? Because I think his run on the Avengers is overlooked.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

BANNED

Definetly Batman: Earth One... people just don't mention it... i don't know why.

Spectacular Member

i never really loved Batman Earth 1. Maybe just because I'm not a huge Batman collector and I'm already into Snyders batman. Also that is what keeps Fart Frank away from a Shazam book. It is however one that I feel DC is constantly pushing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Ninja Viking View Post
    i never really loved Batman Earth 1. Maybe just because I'm not a huge Batman collector and I'm already into Snyders batman. Also that is what keeps Fart Frank away from a Shazam book. It is however one that I feel DC is constantly pushing.
    İf you are a superman fan... then i can understant it, cause superman doesn't fit in earth one and that can be frustrating for a superman fan. But i love the affort of more realistic batman. I loved Nolan Batman and i love geoff&frank batman... the affort always appriciated by me. And i really liked Shazam too... i think it's kind of immiture to call Gary Frank that by even the standarts of a comics book guy or a girl if you ask me. lol

Mighty Member

Hawkman. I love his Hawkman run but I rarely hear others mention it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    İf you are a superman fan... then i can understant it, cause superman doesn't fit in earth one and that can be frustrating for a superman fan. But i love the affort of more realistic batman. I loved Nolan Batman and i love geoff&frank batman... the affort always appriciated by me. And i really liked Shazam too... i think it's kind of immiture to call Gary Frank that by even the standarts of a comics book guy or a girl if you ask me. lol
    Lol sorry typo. Would never insult the guy. Probably in my top five artists.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    Does it have to be DC? Because I think his run on the Avengers is overlooked.
    I'm with you on that one.

BANNED

Definitely his Teen Titans run. I don't consider Batman Earth One to be a "run" since they're OGNs and not really a series and they come out so infrequently. I never see anyone talking about his Teen Titans at all but it's actually the best the Titans have ever been post-Crisis, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    "Superman doesn't fit in Earth One"

Uhh, what?

JSA
    Hawkman