Super Moderator

Default "Star Wars Rebels" Finale Teaser Covers the Rise and Fall of Anakin and Ahsoka's Friendship

Get your first look at the one-hour season finale of "Star Wars Rebels" with a new teaser that recaps the friendship of Ahsoka and Anakin.

Full article here.

Nice. Can't wait to see how that stuff is going to turn out.

An entertaining show, good, maybe not clone wars good but so far it's pretty enjoyable to watch.

Wow, this episode was crazy. I'd love to discuss more but I don't want to spoil it for people except to say that the Ahsoka/Vader showdown was as good as we'd all hoped it would be. But I did write a full review of the episode over here.

so Vader's voice still sounds like Anakin, and its just the mask that distorts it. Interesting.

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    Ahsoka is shown alive during the last shot of the temple. Vader did not stick around to finish her off.
    end of spoilers

The thing I like the most about Rebels is how, more than any other Star Wars show or movie, it makes the lightsaber battles seem like contests of will, like a battle of Tolkien characters. None of the movies or The Clone Wars got that across like this show.

At first I wasn't liking what they were doing with Maul, but that changed the moment he said "What fun."

The climatic fight was good. Vader is clearly younger and more powerful here than he was during the original trilogy, and Ahsoka has reached Master status. It's a shame the show has devoted so little time to Ahsoka, because it takes away from the impact of a fight that in many ways is better than the Anakin/Obi Wan fight in Episode 3. Rebels has great 'tentpole' episodes, but most of the stuff in-between is just skippable.

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    so Vader's voice still sounds like Anakin, and its just the mask that distorts it. Interesting.
    This was kind of revealed in Return of the Jedi-that the 'voice' is pretty much just a product of the mask/suit, although in that case, Anakin sounded like an elderly British man (Although going by the movie timeline Anakin/Vader was actually in his 40's) instead of the Hayden/Matt Lanter voice (Which I presumed they used).

This episode was incredible. I'd read a preview yesterday that promised that it was "real" Star Wars. They were not lying.

Maul was used masterfully, especially his influence on Ezra. That last scene with Ezra and the holocron...wow. And Kanan: I can't believe they did that to him.

Sorry, I was let down by this episode. Too much hype surrounding it and the ending was too ambiguous.

Rebels is just a kid-friendly take on the Star Wars universe, no matter what anyone says.

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

I just finished the season finale and MAN IT WAS INTENSE!!

SPOILERS!

I knew just by looking at "The Old Master" that it was Darth Maul the whole time. However the reveal was still exciting. I loved the betrayal that Darth Maul gave the Jedi when slashed Kanan's eyes like that was so brutal. I'm amazed Disney even allowed that on a kids show. I loved how Darth Maul tried to lure Ezra to the Dark Side. I loved the good vs evil aspect of it, not just to the point of fighting bad guys, but also the evil within. I thought it was cool how the Darth Maul tried to use it as the Sith Holocron as a weapon. Even though we saw Maul fall, it was pretty obvious that he wasn't going to die just yet. My 2nd favorite part was the fight with Darth Vader and Asohka. Master vs apprentice, friend vs friend. How intense! It was cool that Asohka sacrificed herself to save the others. Even though it never showed Asohka die, it seems obvious to me that she's dead. But then again just like in comics, no one is truly dead until you see the body.
    Also, it's cool to see Erza turning towards the dark side at the end. I hope he doesn't go full on Dark Side, but I am definitely enjoying the conflict from within. This is was all Action/Adventure kids shows should be like.

I give this 5 stars out of 5.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

Quote Originally Posted by Batman#22 View Post
    I just finished the season finale and MAN IT WAS INTENSE!!

SPOILERS!........This is was all Action/Adventure kids shows should be like.

I give this 5 stars out of 5.
    /agree 100%

Only non Anime series I am watching + completely blown away with it.....

spoilers:
    yeah Ashoka is alive at the end walking through that triangle NO WAY is she a grey force ghost... NO WAY
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    spoilers:
    Ahsoka is shown alive during the last shot of the temple. Vader did not stick around to finish her off.
    end of spoilers

The thing I like the most about Rebels is how, more than any other Star Wars show or movie, it makes the lightsaber battles seem like contests of will, like a battle of Tolkien characters. None of the movies or The Clone Wars got that across like this show.

At first I wasn't liking what they were doing with Maul, but that changed the moment he said "What fun."

The climatic fight was good. Vader is clearly younger and more powerful here than he was during the original trilogy, and Ahsoka has reached Master status. It's a shame the show has devoted so little time to Ahsoka, because it takes away from the impact of a fight that in many ways is better than the Anakin/Obi Wan fight in Episode 3. Rebels has great 'tentpole' episodes, but most of the stuff in-between is just skippable.
    I am happy Ahsoka lived for that very reason. They built up he and Vader facing off in the previews then we only saw her a couple time all season. It really didn't feel earned at this point for their final showdown. Hopefully they use her more next season and build her up more so when they do have their final showdown it will be more epic. I think this one more than anything just made her realize that her old master was truly gone and only Vader remained so there is no saving him in her eyes now.

I do think alot of the character focus episodes were pretty weak this season, but I understand why they need to do them. I just wish they would do them better.

Finally we see Maul. I was sad to see what he had become in the beginning of the episode but all that changed when he stopped putting on the act. That is what someone trained to be a Darth should be like. He was so far beyond the Inquisters, Kanan and Ezra in skill and fighting prowess just like he should be. Ahsoka was the only one who even stood a chance against him one on one. Seeing him escape knowing he will probably be back in season 3 made me very happy. I love having a wildcard like him out there causing trouble.

Truly an excellent episode.

Got to wonder of the Unmasked Inquisitor is really dead or if that's going to be a "Big Reveal" next season. That and if Kanan's physical handicap will actually last more then a episode or 2.