Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I wouldn't say that I'm a doubter, but I'm certainly sceptical.

I'm not overly excited about seeing Peter in High School again, and after the pointlessness of the ASM films, anything that comes across as a 'rehash' or re-imagining will be extremely unwelcome.

I also think that Spider-Man has a rich enough universe that he doesn't need to be a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. There is a certain amount of irony in the fact that the heroes that he traditionally has the closest relationships with (the FF and Daredevil) are unlikely to be a part of the MCU in the near future.

I would probably rather see him go it alone but I do agree that the MCU has a great track record, and I am definitely curious to see their take on Spidey.

Fantastic Member

I don't assume that just because he's part of the 'shared universe' that's going to equate to forced cameos to and fro. Captain America 2 only had Widow and Fury (both of whom made sense for the plot) Thor 1 had literally 30 seconds of Hawkeye, Thor 2 didn't have any, IM2 only had the Widow/Fury duo (again, justifiable plot-wise even if you don't actually LIKE the plot) IM3 only had a cameo post-credits... Spidey can be in the MCU and still be his own self.

There's only one thing that I am concerned about. How are they EVER going to top the greatest comic book casting of all time in J.K. Simmonds as Jameson? Can it be done?

I think im more skeptical about going back to high school with Peter because i think that's more material better suited towards a tv show especially since the MCU moves somewhat in real time so by the time we get to a spidey solo movie he would have graduated high school offscreen.

But i feel maybe im thinking about it too much and as long as he's portrayed well and he doesnt cost anyone a chance (like if black panther is pushed back to make way for a spidey solo movie, i will boycott it).