Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Batman Eternal #12 PREVIEW

http://uproxx.com/gammasquad/2014/06...an-eternal-12/

Thankfully we get much much better art than last weeks. By the way, whatever happened to Fabok?

Astonishing Member

I liked last week's art, but jeez Mikel Janin is fantastic.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

This weeks issue was a nice change of pace, but it would probably get on my nerves over the long haul. Janin on the other hand I can look at month in and month out! Can't wait for Grayson to start!

Last weeks art was great, i definitely want to see more of that guy's work, but Janin is jammin. Just so pretty

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Ah yeah, time for some awesome artwork! Yay!

Astonishing Member

Janin is like the perfect comic book artist. Look how you actually get a sense of what Blackgate's layout is, and how the bridge they're going over syncs up perfectly with the classic "Map of Gotham". I love an artist who can build a world, and Janin's architectural background seems to lend itself to that.

I can't wait to look at this monthly. Meanwhile, Bruce was charming here. And Harper geeking at Tim's software is funny, too. It's about time Tim got cool again.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

I don't understand if why they always have to compared Tim, or what he does, to someone else when they want to boast him. This is what turned Tim sour. Let him and his abilities stand on there own. They need to stop needlessly comparing him to others as a way to tell us how great he is. Its so frigging lazy, and it doesn't make Tim more likable. We get it. Tim's smart. There was no reason to bring up Batman, and have Harper tell how Tim's fancy sounding database is more advanced then anything Batman uses. Thats just a lazy attempt to validate him, and it wasn't needed.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-21-2014 at 12:22 AM.

Is Tim even smarter than Bruce?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
    Is Tim even smarter than Bruce?
    His whole shtick when he was introduced was that he was "the detective" Robin, and one day he would surpass Bruce. Though they rarely ever did a good job of actually demonstrating that.

Tynion seems to basically be following Nicieza's Batgod wannabe Tim, which I just can't take seriously.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

I was hoping it was gonna be the artist from 11 again. This artist is ok, but there isn't really anything distinctive about his style. Pass!

Love how Tim is being written here, about time.

FYI last week's art wasn't terrible, it fit perfectly with the tone the issue had.

It's nice to see Sawyer and Bullock again; hadn't seen them since the first arc. Also glad to see Tynion again, as he seems to be handling the major parts of this storyline
    Jim Zimmerman
    co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

Quote Originally Posted by BloodOps View Post
    Love how Tim is being written here, about time.

FYI last week's art wasn't terrible, it fit perfectly with the tone the issue had.
    No, to me it was terrible.

Edit: I want to clarify before anyone feels they have the need to quote me. That's fine if you and others like the art, some people like it, and others don't. #11's art was either hit or miss for some people and I'm okay with that. I just didn't like how you phrased your response with an FYI. Because I personally thought that art was terrible.
    Last edited by Grayson; 06-21-2014 at 01:22 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I don't understand if why they always have to compared Tim, or what he does, to someone else when they want to boast him. This is what turned Tim sour. Let him and his abilities stand on there own. They need to stop needlessly comparing him to others as a way to tell us how great he is. Its so frigging lazy, and it doesn't make Tim more likable. We get it. Tim's smart. There was no reason to bring up Batman, and have Harper tell how Tim's fancy sounding database is more advanced then anything Batman uses. Thats just a lazy attempt to validate him, and it wasn't needed.
    This. Propping up the sidekicks by comparing them favorably to Bruce is why I'm occasionally annoyed by them, especially Tim. The whole "he's a better detective than Bruce" thing is why I generally can't stand him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    This. Propping up the sidekicks by comparing them favorably to Bruce is why I'm occasionally annoyed by them, especially Tim. The whole "he's a better detective than Bruce" thing is why I generally can't stand him.
    Well, Tim is more techy than Bruce. And it seems to be his "niche" now in an Oracle-less Bat Family. Remember, Harper didn't say that Tim was smarter than Batman, just that he used more sophisticated software. Batman wouldn't need that kind of kit, even when he's wiring up Gotham Bruce always went for a more practical approach.