Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Then stop reading it.

The Gordon plot seems a bit stagnant -- it's less of a focus than I expected. But I'm still enjoying it overall, and I want to see what they do with Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Pezzini View Post
    Is anyone else feeling fatigued by the whole series by now?
    Nope, not one bit. So far I have found it to be a really good series.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Is anyone else feeling fatigued by the whole series by now?
    No, why? I mean, almost every issue has been fantastic! This issue included.

I wouldn't say im fatigued by this series, but i do find myself often bored by it. Its does just enough to keep me on the hook.

Incredible Member

I'm really enjoying the book overall. Not really feeling the Arkham supernatural stuff, but really enjoying everything else. Quick question for everyone- whos your favorite writer so far? I'm likng Tynion's work so far, with Layman a close second.

BANNED

Is anyone else feeling fatigued by the whole series by now? I am. 48 issues to go yeesh............
    No, I like comics I guess.

Amazing Member

I really like it so far, only thing I hate is Harper's nose ring, I forgot about it then saw a panel in the robins nest and thought she needed to wipe her nose lol
    Books I'm reading: Batman Eternal, Red Hood, Black Widow, Elektra, Loki Agent of Asgard, Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Catwoman.........

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Eeh, i thought this issue was pretty boring. And ive said this before, but Stephs new origin is way too miserable, and it seems to only get even more miserable as they go along. To me its kind of counterproductive to the appeal of the character.
    As opposed to her original origin, where she lived in a poor neighborhood, had a frequently incarcerated dad, a mom working a low-paying job and addicted to prescription meds, a gymnastics coach she had to bust for dealing drugs to students, and a boyfriend who knocked her up and abandoned her? Plus the retcon that a babysitter of hers was a pedophile who tried to molest her before her father forcibly gave him an overdose?

To each his own, but to me the appeal of the character was always that she managed to rise above all those sh***y circumstances and still maintain a positive spirit, rather than that her life was peaches and cream.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    As opposed to her original origin, where she lived in a poor neighborhood, had a frequently incarcerated dad, a mom working a low-paying job and addicted to prescription meds, a gymnastics coach she had to bust for dealing drugs to students, and a boyfriend who knocked her up and abandoned her? Plus the retcon that a babysitter of hers was a pedophile who tried to molest her before her father forcibly gave him an overdose?

To each his own, but to me the appeal of the character was always that she managed to rise above all those sh***y circumstances and still maintain a positive spirit, rather than that her life was peaches and cream.
    All rather pedestrian when compared to what she's currently going through. I think she'd pray for a drug dealing gymnastics coach right now. Steph is more of a lighter, fun loving character. Her Batgirl series only truly shined once it fully embraced that. Misery doesn't really suit the character, but so far every thing about Steph in this series has been miserable and depressing. And continues to just get more miserable and depressing as they go along. If i didn't already know Steph, from this series i would probably be wondering what the appeal of the character was. Because just bumming me out is not very appealing to me.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-02-2014 at 03:18 PM.

Digging this book alot.

This issue seemed to up the ante a bit with James Jr.'s attempts to manipulate his father, and that sneaky explosion.

Love what they're doing with the GCPD.

This was a great issue in every way. Beautifully written and rendered.

I am far from fatigued. Bring it on.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

Astonishing Member

Good stuff.

Good Janin. Lots of Tim and Stephanie. Tim prepping for adventures (and spotlight issues, we can hope). Harper moving along. An issue where Cluemaster is sort of the "primary antagonist" of the issue.

I liked Bard's plan. It's totally going to blow up in his face, but that's what happens.

I actually really liked the balance struck with James Junior, where like ... he's both trying to get into Jim's head, but also trying to help him. It's a nice mix of "he'll probably hurt you" and "he actually cares about you". J.J. is a sociopath, but he's not completely divorced from effectively living in society.

In their conversation, he let a few things drop - some could be deliberate to get into Jim's head, some not. But it seems like glib goading or not, he got across three things; 1. He cares what Jim thinks about him and thinks he's a chip off the old block. 2. He actually let his dad know about Belle Reve, so Jim has an idea of where he's at in life. And 3. He wants somebody to talk to about how he sees the world, because he does have a bit of an ego.
    Last edited by K. Jones; 07-02-2014 at 02:43 PM.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Astonishing Member

I've been digging this series, but yeah it's really hard to believe we still have some 40 issues to go.

Steph's story is way too grim and melodramatic. Compared to how she was originally introduced, I'm not a fan of this at all.
    Last edited by Kid A; 07-02-2014 at 06:46 PM.

I'm enjoying this title more and more each week. We are exactly 25% of the way thru this title with this issue. Great art once again and each issue we slowly see the story progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
    By the way, whatever happened to Fabok?
    He'll be back, I believe in September...
    #MagnetoWasRight