Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    One day you get a mental message from an alien machine. It informs you it will now continuously scan and record your brain and when you die will create a clone of you and load the brain recording into it. You can choose what age, up til your current age, your new body is. You can also change traits of your new body such as height, gender, and hair/skin/eye color. It can also remove any genetic abnormalities in your new body. You will be restored at a location of your choosing. All these must be set up in advance or it will just restore your body as it currently is at the location you died. The machine itself is in a higher dimensional plane and undetectable and indestructible. It will keep restoring you until you specifically tell it not to, after which it will cease contact.
    So basically the real you will died, but a copy of your conscious will be place into a new body of your choosing.

I'm gonna try to live it out, until I die of natural causes. After that I can go adventuring with this option. One reason why I might use this ability early, is that if someone I love has a rare genetic disease that threaten their life. I could then use this machine to make a new body that has a cure for that genetic disease, and give the cure to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    That'll work for your first couple of reincarnations, but after that the criminal underworld would stop killing you. They'd just lock you away, tie you up and torture you.

Forever.
    And that's why I'll have a cyanide capsule fitted into each "incarnation"'s mouth. They capture me, I kill myself.
    There is no "overkill". There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload.".

I like to think the 90s was the time when comics hit puberty. They’d grown out of being endearing but hadn’t yet figured out where to channel their emotions to not be utterly whiny cocks. -Beadle

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kid-who-cried-wolf View Post
    So.....does anything prevent me from re-spawning as 10 foot giant ?
    You'll be called Jack Hanma?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    so it's not truly me? or it IS me but in a cloned body? i need you to be clear on this please
    It works like This. But with the alien machine remotely acting as a cortical stack. So it depends on how you feel about that.

Also, changing skin/hair color, can you switch races at times?
    Yes.

So.....does anything prevent me from re-spawning as 10 foot giant ?
    Only your desire to do so.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    That'll work for your first couple of reincarnations, but after that the criminal underworld would stop killing you. They'd just lock you away, tie you up and torture you.

Forever.
    They can't know that the 60 year old white man, 22 year old black man, the 30 year old Asian lady, and several others they killed were all the same person.