Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Default How should the whole Terrigen Mists/M-Pox situation be resolved?

I assume the current canon is that Cyclops (+Havoc and some other "fanatics") engaged in battle with the Inhuman Royal Family over this issue, presumably lost that battle and died. But the other mutants and X-Men just ignored the situation altogether more or less? Or just hid? Seems so pathetic to me.

What is going to be done about this horrible situation?

I know the meta-aspects of it but as far as in-universe explanations.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

I'd imagine that it could be resolved in a similar way that the problem was caused; by releasing a mist into the winds. Should they find the cure to help mutants, they could release it to the winds of the world to deliver that to mutants that the mists would no longer be rendered harmful to them.

BANNED

I'm betting it's linked to the sky spears, the inhumanity will learn it and keep it to themselves and it'll lead to an event where the Inhumans are the heroes and the mutants are left with the dunce caps.

I just wish the old Jean came back as Phoenix and fixed everything. It started like M-Day so let's end the same way but bringing something good out of it, unlike AvX.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    I'm betting it's linked to the sky spears, the inhumanity will learn it and keep it to themselves and it'll lead to an event where the Inhumans are the heroes and the mutants are left with the dunce caps.
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Forgotten as they segue into yet another decimation scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    This is pretty much how I believe it'll happen. Even if there's no new decimation scenerio, as soon as marvel gets a new status quo we'll likely get no real resolution.

Someone will ask about it in an x-position and wonder if they dealt with it off panel and the response will be: I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    A scientist told Stark she had discovered a cure or vaccine for X gene a while ago. Then you must be right.

There are many ways to solve the problem if you are willing to suffer any consequences or pay a price.

Using magic, make a pact with demons, send the mist to an alternate reality, using a force field to isolate the same when going through an unpopulated place, using heroes with powers to change reality as Wican.

BANNED

Just stop decimating mutants. Seriously it's old. There are other Mutant Civil Rights issues they could focus on. Why does every single issue involve the death of THOUSANDS and MILLIONS of Mutants?
    It's one of the reasons I miss the 80's books so much. There was some genuine X-men Adventuring, and heroics. Not everything was Futuristic doom and gloom.
    Not everything was killing off the species. House of Ideas, has none.
    It's why i'm tiring of X-books in general. I read Uncanny for Magnus and Psylocke. Because of group dynamics.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

The Eternals and Xmen wake the dreaming Celestial who removes it from the air or Doom pulls it from the air and recrystalizes them and hoards the crystals from the Inhumans

Hope Summers and the Scarlet Witch join hands and defeat the cloud with the power of love.

I hope that as time goes by, Inhumans start to die just like mutants are, both races affected by the mists. Hopefully someone will find out that the mist were contaminated by some kind of poison that affects mutants, and a substance that is dormant for a time and then becomes active affecting the inhumans (none of that BS that Sinister said about the Inhuman gene being superior).
    The Inhumans will probably ask the X-Men for help, wich should be denied since Medusa refused to burn the t-cloud, and will wonder if they should burn the mists (since its 'sacred' to them, I would like to see them in the same position of the mutants) they would burn the cloud, showing how hypocrits they are. The master mind behind all of this should come the spotlight, someone that probably hates both teams.
    I have no idea of who, maybe the High Evolutionary? Just so that somehow Wanda and Pietro become Magneto's childrem again. That's what I hope it will happen... I know, one can dream, as mentioned before, most likely the Inhumans will save everyone and Cyclops will be the one to take the blame ugh.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leon2703 View Post
    I hope that as time goes by, Inhumans start to die just like mutants are, both races affected by the mists. Hopefully someone will find out that the mist were contaminated by some kind of poison that affects mutants, and a substance that is dormant for a time and then becomes active affecting the inhumans (none of that BS that Sinister said about the Inhuman gene being superior).
    The Inhumans will probably ask the X-Men for help, wich should be denied since Medusa refused to burn the t-cloud, and will wonder if they should burn the mists (since its 'sacred' to them, I would like to see them in the same position of the mutants) they would burn the cloud, showing how hypocrits they are. The master mind behind all of this should come the spotlight, someone that probably hates both teams.
    I have no idea of who, maybe the High Evolutionary? Just so that somehow Wanda and Pietro become Magneto's childrem again. That's what I hope it will happen... I know, one can dream, as mentioned before, most likely the Inhumans will save everyone and Cyclops will be the one to take the blame ugh.
    I like a lot of your ideas but yeah too good to come true
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Spectacular Member Emilio Garra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Hope Summers and the Scarlet Witch join hands and defeat the cloud with the power of love.
    Hope isn't even needed, why can't Scarlet Witch just utter "No more Terrigen Mist" and be done with it? Or I'm sure Thor and Storm in unison could work something out.

Ultimate Member

Or didn't there used to be a guy that Cyclops and Magneto tried to get on their side back when he was running his own school in the Weapon X building that could easily alter reality and get rid of the mist...that or just find Tempus and use her powers to go back in time and keep the mist from ever being released in the first place...