Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    The T-Cloud isn't the same as the T-Mists. It is a new brew that was intended to empower Inhumans while being harmless to everybody else.

The T-Mists were lethal to humans (they gave them powers, but the powers burned and killed them), and while they temporally returned former mutants's powers, they were uncontrollable and dangerous. Not sure what effect they would have on mutants, but seeing how ex-mutants could survive them and humans couldn't, I would say that mutants have an higher tolerace to the T-Mists than humans.

Blackbolt asked Maximus to create a new brew of the T-Mists that would awaken the powers of people with Inhuman ancestry while being harmless to everybody else. They placed the new brew in containers as a last resort weapon to unleash in case Thanos defeated Blackbolt; that way, even if Blackbolt died, many millions of newly empowered warriors would be there to protect Earth against Thanos.

The plan worked, more or less. While most Nu-humans didn't help against Thanos, Thanos's own half-Inhuman son Thane joined the fight and defeated Thanos. And at that point the T-Cloud was harmless for both mutants and humans.

However, after the universe was recreated something changed, and the T-Cloud became lethal to mutants.
    Soooo It's Franklin and Reed Richards fault since the rebuild all the new realities?
    Last edited by Darth Phoenix; 03-23-2016 at 07:47 AM.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Honestly, I would just make the whole thing a lie and the true cause is something from the Church of Humanity.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    They didn't create a new brew, they took the t-crystals and made it into a bomb. The mists is the t-cloud, they are one and the same element.
    Right after Atitlan exploded it was explicitly said (in the New Avengers book, I believe, but I'm not sure) by Karnak and Medusa that those weren't the T-Mists, but something new.

If those were the Terrigen Mists every human on Earth would have developed powers and would have died soon afterwards. Ex-mutants depowered during M-day would have recovered their powers, at least for a few days, and would have returned to normal afterwards. Not sure what would have happened to non-depowered mutants.

BANNED

Why are they standing in the way of destroying it then? Is the US against the Inhumans? They can't make any money off their fart cloud nor off the Inhumans. I don't understand what leverage they have.

I have a theory about what may have happened in the time gap with Scott, and I was gonna make a new thread for it but Im gonna post it here instead since this thread deals with the mist.
    I was noticing that a lot of the missing mutants are energy/heat casters:
    Cyclops
    Havok
    Rachel
    Chamber
    Sunfire(not missing but was revealed to side with Cyclops and in hiding I think)
    Magma
    anyone else Im missing?

ok I was wondering about the suggestion Ive read that the X-men tried to burn out the mist and the Inhumans consider the mist holy and that was the awful thing Cyclops did. What if Scott gathered mutants with the ability to cast heat and tried to burn it and something went wrong and those mutants are in hiding?

Storm would also have been asked to help as she could use lightning to burn or wind to diffuse the mist but maybe she was against it. (Same with Idie.)

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Why are they standing in the way of destroying it then? Is the US against the Inhumans? They can't make any money off their fart cloud nor off the Inhumans. I don't understand what leverage they have.
    I don't think anybody is in the way of destroying the T-cloud. Not even the Inhumans seem to be doing anything to protect it (the Inhumans aren't following the T-Cloud around, guarding it, are they?). It seems that for some reason nobody has figured a way to destroy it.

Yeah, I know it is stupid when they have people like Magneto and Storm and Iceman and Scarlet Witch and Silver Surfer and Adam Brashear and T'Challa and Beast and Tony Stark around... But whatever.

EDIT: If somebody tried to destroy the T-Cloud then yes, I can see Medusa getting in the way. But it doesn't seem like anybody is trying to do it now, and it doesn't seem like the Inhumans are doing anything to protect the T-Cloud now.
    Last edited by Habis; 03-23-2016 at 10:12 AM.

Pretty sure the Inhumans just recently (like last month) said that they still regard the T-Cloud as an important part of their religion, whether it's the same mist or not.

Edit: It's from Uncanny Avengers #6

Psynapse: "Maybe it's time to burn the Terrigen Cloud from the atomsphere."
    Medusa: "You'll find little traction here with that argument. The Mists are sacred to us."
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 03-23-2016 at 10:47 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

Right after Atitlan exploded it was explicitly said (in the New Avengers book, I believe, but I'm not sure) by Karnak and Medusa that those weren't the T-Mists, but something new.

If those were the Terrigen Mists every human on Earth would have developed powers and would have died soon afterwards. Ex-mutants depowered during M-day would have recovered their powers, at least for a few days, and would have returned to normal afterwards. Not sure what would have happened to non-depowered mutants.
    Nah. Every reference they've made to the Cloud says that it's the same Mist.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

It will be destroyed as it was created, by the power of editorial mandate.
    Game Over man! Game Over!

Amazing Member

Since it is a mist - how about using a giant vacuum cleaner to suck it all up - thereby getting rid of from at the atmosphere while saving it for the Inhumans.

The whole Inhuman story is stolen from Earth X b ut with the difference that Inhuman have genetic marker from the Marvel Movie Universe (SHIELD).

So far we saw the story the T-Mist has a similar poisoning effect on humans but not so strong or fast like on mutants. Human have also a big interest to get rid of the T-Mist in the atmosphere(like the Mutants) on the other side Black Bolt and Maximus used all or nearly all of the T crystals to built that bomb, so in the next generation there is no way to create new T-mist in enough quantity when the T-mist disappear in the atmosphere.
    but when looked closer I remembered that the T-Mist made in Earth X everyone sterile, I mean the Inhumans in exchange for that their lifespan increased drastically.

This sounds all interesting and fascinating but so far I remember the whole thing was not mentioned once in Unncany Inhumans , I mean the T-clouds are in the story but all the politically deeps and what Black bolt did it all ended up under the rug. By the way same goes for Ironman so far I had read it.

Maybe someone will illustrate Marvel's rug, this rug must be really huge <---------> ^^

I have no doubt the whole Inhuman stuff will also end up there.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

At some point won't this whole cloud thing become a moot point for the Inhumans? I mean, it will have covered the globe fully at some point. So anyone who would be affected by the cloud and has Inhuman genes would have gone through terrigenesis. And then that would be that for a while until there are new births (unless I am mistaking how the process works).
    Then what, you just wait for more Inhumans to be born and then go through the cloud? And what if they die during the process, which does happen? So because your "religion" says the cloud is important it is worth the extinction of a section of people for the remainder of time? How about you just vacuum it up and control it's application again so it's not killing people (mutant and Inhumans alike).

Amazing Member

Question:

Okay mutants are negatively affected by the mist - the so-called m-pox. If you are reading the x-titles - then you might have noticed the anti-mutant sentiment surrounding m-pox - but unlike a disease the m-pox is a reaction to the mist and it only affects mutants - so why is there a hysteria around the m-pox by normal humans? It is not as if m-pox is contagious since it is not a disease.

Are the humans/scientists in the MU that stupid or uncaring that a simple press release discussing the effects of m-pox as a genetic reaction to the mist is not contagious to humans and this would solve the mutant hysteria surrounding m-pox.

Quote Originally Posted by magisensei View Post
    Are the humans/scientists in the MU that stupid or uncaring that a simple press release discussing the effects of m-pox as a genetic reaction to the mist is not contagious to humans and this would solve the mutant hysteria surrounding m-pox.
    makes you wonder why her highness medusa or even former avenger crystal hasn't gotten themselve on television to set the record straight doesn't it?

so much power, so little compassion . . . .

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magisensei View Post
    Question:

Okay mutants are negatively affected by the mist - the so-called m-pox. If you are reading the x-titles - then you might have noticed the anti-mutant sentiment surrounding m-pox - but unlike a disease the m-pox is a reaction to the mist and it only affects mutants - so why is there a hysteria around the m-pox by normal humans? It is not as if m-pox is contagious since it is not a disease.

My thoughts is that people remember the last mutant pox (aka the Legacy Virus) and they eventually before it disappeared it jumped into and affected normal humans. I don't remember how many humans outside Moira were infected, but that's part of my thought on why no amount of press release will resolve this. Plus you know, Marvel editors..