Default No matter what critics happens: THE DCEU is here to stay!!

With only a few days away, I just wanted to tell everyone that even as a Marvel fan, I have been loving every piece of thing this movie has to offer. It's mind boggling. We are gonna get a DC Cinematic Universe along with the MCU. I'm one of those people who even though I swing Marvel, I highly respect DC and it's mythology. Hell, I have a crush on Zatanna. lol. That said the embargo will lift on Tuesday and I'm praying good results. Even if there are some negative ones, I have faith that this will be received then MOS.

I'm ambivalent about how Rotten Tomatoes scores things. That place to me is rigged. Still, I can totally see this movie as a fresh if critics don't have a stick up their ass. Hell, even some scores some Marvel movies are way too high to be like that. With BVS, I can see that people will be more comfortable with it since its a continuation of MOS. Also, this Superman is gonna the Big Blue Boy Scout from the comics, just updated into today's society. Also, I've heard that this movie is deep. Critics aren't THAT stupid to know that this isn't just some popcorn movie. You can't have a DC movie without it being deep.

Overall, If anything happens just know it ain't the end of the world. You wanna know why? I'll tell you. Because DC has 2 MOVIES that Marvel doesn't have and it will show glaring flaws in their movies till now......SUICIDE SQUAD and WONDER WOMAN. Those two will get the rebound for BVS critically worst case scenario.
    Marvel has not gotten a villain right since Loki so a movie full of villains could be something refreshing. Wonder Woman is gonna be huge with all these people praising Gal that it will overshadow Marvel's lack of female superheroes. I'm still mad we ain't got a Black Widow movie and Captain Marvel is 3 years away. I still wish Elizabeth Olsen was in the DCEU. Lana Lang maybe?

And not every critic is an ass hat. Also Zach Snyder is not doing all the movies so their won't be any ammunition from haters and critics. BVS will also gain it's money I promise. With some criticism their might be a few tweaks with how they do their universe, but THEY are not firing Zach. They may make him take a step back on some things but they are in it for the long haul.

So Trust, and have faith. This movie is gonna be game changer regardless. It may not be like the comics but guess what, the MCU isn't either. So ignore the haters, take a deep breath when reviews come out and enjoy the movie on your own terms. Also, If you have open minded Marvel friends who love superheroes and comics with a different tone, tell them to not be afraid see it. Because no matter who wins.....WE ALL WIN. For now it's DC's time, so I'm ready! March 24th baby!

Extraordinary Member

Marvel villains?
    I think you talking about mcu movies,not the shows or other marvel movies,or cartoons.
    I think mcu villains,tend to be decent to good enough.The mcu movies focus more on the heroes,then dc and less on the villains on average,and i think that's what you mean.As for marvel shows etc..then do better job because they have more hours to focus more on the villains.

Here some chat about this.

Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post

I actuay do agree with you though AVEITWITHJAMON, MCU clearly has a problem with their villains and a lot of fans brought up the issue. Heck there's a thread for it.
    by kedrell
    I've heard the villain complaint before and with perhaps the lone exception of Malekith, who I think got truly shafted as did Christopher Eccleston, I keep asking the same question: A villain problem compared to what? Are they all Darth Vader/Hans Gruber/Hannibal Lector level villains? Hell no but then who ever is? If that's the standard then nobody will be measuring up. IMO virtually all of their villains have been perfectly adequate and served their function as thy were meant to do. It's simply that they prefer to give more focus to their heroes in their movies and I can't fault them for that.
    MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 4
    http://forums.superherohype.com/show...=505133&page=5

As for mcu female heroes?there are more of them on the shows,but the mcu films do have some,so there is not lack of any,just none of them have a solo movie yet.
    Last edited by mace11; 03-21-2016 at 10:37 PM.

Seriously, the quality of the movie is kinda moot.
    It's gonna sell tickets whether it's good or bad.
    It's essentially this generation's (and the previous generation's, even) Dracula vs. Frankenstein or Godzilla vs. King Kong.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Incredible Member

What it's got going for itself is that two hero's squaring off against one another hasn't really been done before? Not on this scale. It makes me glad this was Released before civil war, though.....

Retired

Warner has a habit of losing their bottle when a movie doesn't perform as well as they hoped. SUPERMAN RETURNS was supposed to be the beginning of a series of movies. GREEN LANTERN was going to be the cornerstone for a movie universe. Each time, the Warner executives got nervous and backed off from future movies that were in the pipeline.

I don't think that will happen this time, but I wouldn't put all my faith in those suits at the top of the Warner empire.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

The movie will put butts in seats.

But Eisenberg as Lex worries me and the first movie drew some bad criticism, so who knows what people will think. Zach Snyder doesn't capture Superman's sensibilities well for me. He's more a director made for Batman than anyone.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Warner has a habit of losing their bottle when a movie doesn't perform as well as they hoped. SUPERMAN RETURNS was supposed to be the beginning of a series of movies. GREEN LANTERN was going to be the cornerstone for a movie universe. Each time, the Warner executives got nervous and backed off from future movies that were in the pipeline.

I don't think that will happen this time, but I wouldn't put all my faith in those suits at the top of the Warner empire.
    Another thing to think about is...
    If the follow-up movies sell reasonably, but not nearly as well as Batman vs. Superman, Warner may assume that they underperformed and scrap their movie plans.
    If Batman vs. Superman does extremely well, it may actually be bad for a potential DCEU because it'll set a bar that will be hard to reach again.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Retired

I don't know for sure, but I suspect SUICIDE SQUAD has the most potential to exceed expectations. Something about the Joker always gets bums in the seats. And Harley Quinn will likely be the preferred choice for Hallowe'en costumes this year. But if a group of mostly villains are the big hit of the DC movie universe that will set the direction toward movies more about them and less about the super-heroes (that is the Justice League). At the very least, more attention might be paid to the villains in the upcoming movies than to the heroes fighting them.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Press showings were today here in Brazil. 2 co-workers fo mine went to one.

Hype is extremely positive.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Still not a fan of Zack Snyder and wish he wasn't doing Justice League but at least the rest of the films in the slate are still up to be made

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Press showings were today here in Brazil. 2 co-workers fo mine went to one.

Hype is extremely positive.
    Rotten Tomatoes has it at 37 % last I checked.
    Being a "Person of Interest" doesn't make you an interesting person.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Seen mixed reviews of the movie online so far, I myself am still pretty hyped for it. Already have my ticket and seat reserved for Saturday. Let the critics say what they will, won't hamper my enjoyment of the film.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

We'll see what happens, I suppose.

Reviews at the moment seem fairly mixed, but that's just from the little I've seen, and Im trying to avoid that sort of thing as much as I can.

I also dont care about reviews on principal, especially when it comes to non-Marvel superhero films, and Superman in particular. Most critics seem to want more of the Marvel formula and they don't respond too well when a film tries to do something different, and with Superman it seems like a lot of people still want Chris Reeves and refuse to entertain anything that taps into other aspects of Superman's mythos or personality.

As for WB, I've heard that they're already a little nervous about how the movie will perform and if it doesnt do what they think it should, the next slate of films is going to see some major changes. They proved with previous films that they're more than happy to drop their plans and start from scratch, rather than ironing out the flaws in a previous attempt and moving forward. Both Superman Returns and Green Lantern *could* have been salvaged as franchises and provided something to build on, had WB been willing, but instead they reboot at the first sign of trouble.

On a personal level, Im not at all excited about this. I enjoyed Man of Steel. It wasnt perfect but I liked what they were doing and I think there was plenty of precedent in Superman's history for the tone, themes, and direction they took. But WB/DC have a bad habit of making everyone else suck for Batman's benefit, they've already said they're putting the MoS sequel on hold indefinitely, and they're squeezing in yet another Bat-film in its place. So about the only thing I have any hope for at all here is Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I can't remember the last time I was this pumped to go to the cinema.

I've heard a lot of great things so far.

I heard nothing but good things last night. Came online today to a lot more mixed reaction, which I suppose is completely normal.

In the end it probably means what it always means; nothing. I'll decide for myself when I get around to seeing it. On a personal level I think it sounds better than I thought it'd turn out. But I'm still nowhere near as jazzed as I thought I would someday be for this type of movie. But I think that's just because I've soured on Hollywood altogether. My main source of concern is still and will always be how these movies do or do not impact the comics. That's my main source of entertainment with these characters.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El