Default Lantern confusion

Green, Red, Blue and Black lanterns. Orange, Sinestro, Indigo and Star Saphires? Is there a good collection, omnibus or showcase to get where you can get explanation, history and background to them all before hopping on the new run this summer.

BANNED

Probably the best place to get the full experience is by tracking down the prelude issues to Blackest Night (Like: Rage of the Red Lanterns) which did serve as an introduction to the 4 additional colored groups, alternatively just get Blackest Night since the logics behind them is pretty basic. The GL's... you'd probably want GL: Rebirth as a starting point, for the Sinestro Corp you should looks up Sinetro Corp War. Not quite sure where to look with the Star Sapphires for an in-depth explanation to them.

regarding the reading order, it is probably easiest to start with Rebirth, then Sinestro and then let the other come in whatever order you fancy since most of their connections lie with the Greens and Yellows.

I read the prelude to blackest night and it explained everything nicely. Cant remember the name.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meow View Post
    Green, Red, Blue and Black lanterns. Orange, Sinestro, Indigo and Star Saphires? Is there a good collection, omnibus or showcase to get where you can get explanation, history and background to them all before hopping on the new run this summer.
    Geoff Johns's GL run has been collected into 3 omnibuses (one isn't out yet), and the rainbow lantern thing begins here and is expanded upon in these arcs.

http://www.amazon.com/Green-Lantern-...antern+omnibus

Or I can recommend the TPB that you could read, if the omnibuses are out of your price range.
    http://www.amazon.com/Green-Lantern-...antern+omnibus

All of the Johns omnibus' up through brightest day. That's where I would go.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

BANNED

In terms of just a quick reference, there was a two-page spread in like a Green Lantern Secret Files or something that was tremendously helpful to me at the time, I recall.