Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Time to liver forever! Energist's Avatar

I don't really miss Johns writing them. JSA was good, but the last volume of Justice Society of America was a drawn-out borefest.
    "Forgiving the unrepentant is like drawing pictures on water." - Japanese Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    A Wally West without any relation to Barry? That would be a huge chunk of the character missing
    That's like Dick Grayson without the fab five Titans or Titans in general.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

A Wally West without any relation to Barry? That would be a huge chunk of the character missing
    Delete Barry. Insert Max. Or Jay. Or even John Fox. His DC52 mentor didn't have to be Barry Allen. Any older and wiser speedster would do. Or even a non-speedster.
    He--Wally--certainly didn't need to be aged down to pre-teen twelve (see rest of DC52 version Titan legacy characters on the aging issue and understand my ire) and certainly there was no crying need to change his race. I've been saying this for years now. There was no need to tie Wally West to Barry Allen.

Now they've done just that only in such a way that they haven't. Yet have. And declare we are stuck with this mess.

Back on topic: I don't trust anything George Johns, Dan Didio, or the rest of the upper management say. Actions do speak much louder than words.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Isn't that what you just got in the New 52?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Isn't that what you just got in the New 52?
    I meant in the sense of Kyer's proposal that Wally West should have no relation to Barry at all, now or in the future. The newly introduced "Wally West" still will be working with Barry.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by teej View Post
    DC really just should have went through with Robinson's original pitch and set the book during World War II. Keep everything the way it is on Earth Prime with Superman coming first but let Earth 2 be the legacy earth. I think DC cut off some rich storytelling potential by beginning the book in modern times.

Maybe Johns is foreshadowing some big change coming for Earth 2 what with World's End and all the rumors of another Crisis. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some kind of reversion in the future to closer make Earth 2 resemble the JSA from the past universe.
    World's end and a crisis type event could make modifications on Earth 2.

Earth 2 isn't a JSA book, it's more like what if Trinity was the JSA and the JSA was the justice league type of story.

I really like the aspect of legacy that pre new 52 had, DC lost party of its own identity when wiped out JSA in them main earth

I meant in the sense of Kyer's proposal that Wally West should have no relation to Barry at all, now or in the future. The newly introduced "Wally West" still will be working with Barry.
    Now that Wally's been blackified (hehe) we should officially call him Wally WestSide.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfist View Post
    Now that Wally's been blackified (hehe) we should officially call him Wally WestSide.
    I laughed harder at that than I should have.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/06/...ciety-calling/

Geoff Johns tweeted on Twitter last night that he misses writing the Justice Society!

Come on DC, bring back the first superhero team to glory!

I really like all the legacy characters in this version of the JSA.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

I would have loved them back in WWII, but I don't know how many writers who would be willing to work for DC would be able to make it work right.

Oh, and I also miss how Geoff Johns use to write.
    All-Star Squadron is one of my all time favorite comics. Love that spread up top.

Amazing Member

I enjoy the current Earth 2 for what it is, but in no way does it satisfy my desire for the JSA- it's just not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfist View Post
    Wow that's actually pretty hilarious!

Astonishing Member

i think thats about as close as johns will admit/is allowed to admit that he regrets the reboot

not that he could change it even if he wanted to. brightest day failing and GL flopping has seemingly cost him most of his influence and put him squarely on a leash

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Got to love DC. If it doesn't fit their flagship universe than it isn't worth pursuing. In their lacking of imagination minds, you can't have a full-time multiverse book where helmet-hat Jay Garrick and red-headed Wally West still go out on patrol together. (Notice Flash fans how I left Barry out of the equation. Let Barry have that book. Give him all the xovers within the DC52. Just give me back the real adult and ginger Wally West whose continuity has only been slightly tweaked from what it was (in order to accommodate the lack of a Barry Allen mentor, leaving the mentorship of Jay and Max Mercury intact.) Also want to see Hawkgirl and Hawkman together again and written well this time.
    A Wally West without Barry Allen is like Dick Grayson without Bruce. It damages the character. He looked up to an A-list hero and replaced him in JL, that's his story and can't be told with Jay or Max.
    Though instead of going father-son type relationship, they could have gone with brotherhood instead (Wally 19 and Barry 29 years old) which would save us from this horrible 12 year old Wally and still keep their relationship intact

Astonishing Member

I just miss Cyclone. She's adorable and wears no pants. And a witch-hat for some reason.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com