Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    of course. no one puts a finger in the personal favorites of the big ones like johns or didio
    Well, I mean, even if they did no doubt they'd leave her out of it. She's based on his late sister, who died in the tragic TWA crash in the mid/late 90s.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    i'd say it might be best to give him one of the other earth (an earth-3 thats rebooted by the monitor(s) and chalked full of heroes to counteract the inherent grimderp?) to play aroudn with; sort of like how Ultimate marvel is essentially bendis' sandbox these days
    I don't hate Johns half as much as many but I think that this isn't entirely a bad idea.

I think that his style works but I hate that it (like Lee's artwork) is the standard that the company seems to follow.
    “Nothing is harder to understand than a symbolic work. A symbol always transcends the one who makes use of it and makes him say in reality more than he is aware of expressing.”
    ― Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Thing 2099 View Post
    Well, I mean, even if they did no doubt they'd leave her out of it. She's based on his late sister, who died in the tragic TWA crash in the mid/late 90s.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TWA_Flight_800

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    It's funny because somehow he still saved stargirl origins and whiteness in new 52, even without the classic JSA.
    Its not strange at all. She was created in the first place based off a very specific person. I'm sure a lot if most characters were too, but the difference is that the guy who created her is still around, and at the top of the food chain. Just the way it goes. By the way her "whiteness" is likely only half. Considering the real Courtney was half-Lebanese, I'm sure in Johns head so is Stargirl.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-23-2014 at 01:38 PM.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Odd Man View Post
    And her adorable little monkey!

God, I loved Cyclone and that monkey!

Even if you don't bring back the JSA, Johns, PLEASE find a way to bring these two back.

Oh, wait! New 52. On second thought? Never mind, Johns. The last thing I want is to see another bright, funny, sweet girl turned into an angsty rage machine or whatever.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by doctormistermaster View Post

I think that his style works but I hate that it (like Lee's artwork) is the standard that the company seems to follow.
    I agree, their style don't suit everything.

BANNED

I don't hate Johns half as much as many but I think that this isn't entirely a bad idea.

i would have the Anti-Monitor actually steal Earth 3 and devour it, causing it to become the Anti-Matter Universe. It's concepts are then reborn. A new CSA and all that.

This leaves Earth 3 without a planet, so the Monitors create a new one to take it's place.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseReverseFlash View Post
    i would have the Anti-Monitor actually steal Earth 3 and devour it, causing it to become the Anti-Matter Universe. It's concepts are then reborn. A new CSA and all that.

This leaves Earth 3 without a planet, so the Monitors create a new one to take it's place.
    This could also resurrect some of the themes that Johns explored with Superboy Prime and Alexander Luthor without arguably damaging the ending of Crisis on Infinite Earths.
    “Nothing is harder to understand than a symbolic work. A symbol always transcends the one who makes use of it and makes him say in reality more than he is aware of expressing.”
    ― Albert Camus

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post

Oh, wait! New 52. On second thought? Never mind, Johns. The last thing I want is to see another bright, funny, sweet girl turned into an angsty rage machine or whatever.
    to be fair, vibe, the metal men and stargirl made the transition in a surprisingly upbeat manner.

Sorry trying to catch up on my readings
    but in what title did the Metal Men appear in?
    ― Albert Camus

BANNED

Sorry trying to catch up on my readings
    but in what title did the Metal Men appear in?
    Issues of Justice League during the Forever Evil period.

He's gonna have to drop JL, since he started with Superman right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    He's gonna have to drop JL, since he started with Superman right now.
    No, he's already dropped Aquaman in order to pick up Superman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Its not strange at all. She was created in the first place based off a very specific person. I'm sure a lot if most characters were too, but the difference is that the guy who created her is still around, and at the top of the food chain. Just the way it goes. By the way her "whiteness" is likely only half. Considering the real Courtney was half-Lebanese, I'm sure in Johns head so is Stargirl.
    It's fan favoritism, that just put his and DC credibility in risk. Let bertinelli and Wally do the dirty job. Courtney is blond with blue eyes, seems pretty white for me. I'm afro descedent, it shows in my hair, nose and mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    No, he's already dropped Aquaman in order to pick up Superman.
    he started the Luthor arc on JL, so he won't drop JL
    Last edited by Blacksun; 06-23-2014 at 07:36 PM.

I loved Johns JSA back in the day. I love Johns run on Justice League right now, but there was something awesome about his JSA. I feel like if Earth 2 took place more in the future it could work better as bringing in the traditional JSA. For example say Earth 2's present time started 30 years before Main Earth so at some point Jay, Alan, have gotten older and leave Earth 2.