BANNED

Default Captain Britain TV series in development?

https://www.twitter.com/CiaraMcAvoy1/tweets

"@CiaraMcAvoy1: For my 1000th Tweet: Who will be playing Brian Braddock in the upcoming tv series #CaptainBritain?#Marvel Stay tune! pic.twitter.com/e0gbXKjdav"

"@CiaraMcAvoy1: @DuffMD I am being paid to do the promo poster so yes I'd say this is really happening."

"@CiaraMcAvoy1: I can't reveal anything yet but hopefully I'll be able to soon. Waiting for the go ahead from the co-producer"

"@CiaraMcAvoy1: @_Wobs It might take a while before the announcement (either early 2017 or late 2016) They're making a sizzle reel and it's gonna be awesome"

Well, this sure is interesting. If it does turn out to be real, who do you guys want to play Captain Britain? What network should it be on? And most importantly, given the character's ties to the X-Men, who owns the rights?

EDIT:

This is definitely real, she has her own wiki page: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ciara_McAvoy

She did the X-Men: First Class poster so that might confirm Fox is producing the series.
    Last edited by Elmo; 03-22-2016 at 08:59 AM.

Even those of us in the Marvel UK thread feel this unlikely. I love Captain Britain, but I feel he'd be a weird choice for just so many reasons.

I want it to be a BBC/ABC co-prod.

at least a UK/ABC co-prod.

Brian should be a Marvel character, he was Marvel UK for several years before he ever appeared in an X-book and debuted stateside in an issue of Marvel Team-Up alongside Spider-Man. Worse case scenario, he'd be a grey-area character like Quicky and Scarlet Witch.

I'd say James Norton or Sam Clafin would be good.
    I surrender to the Contest

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

I hope it's Marvel Studios who owns the rights, but my gut says this is a Fox production (assuming it's actually happening).

As for which actor should play him, Richard Madden would be my pick. Love the idea of James Norton and Sam Clafin as well.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Somebody pointed out the former head of STRIKE (first appeared in Captain Britain Vol. 1 #19) is a main character on Agents of SHIELD. Not dispositive, but a strong indication that Brian Braddock himself is owned by Marvel, not Fox.

I never imagined this was even a possibility, but I hope it does happen.

Well, I guess it would make sense budget wise to start with a CB series and eventually introduce some of the Excalibur characters down the line since budget issues are always at work.

I would hold off getting my hopes up until an official announcement is made.

I wonder how many versions of Capt. Britain exist? After all, it was during the Alan Moore era that a lot of stuff was introduced regarding the multiverse. There is at least a remote possibility that he is one of the characters that both Fox and Disney can use.

Likely, for any MCU production, any connection to Excalibur, as well as having a mutant sister Betsy, would be disallowed. Similarly, any Fox production would not allow any connection to the Avengers and likely severely limit any other connections, possibly even his original origin involving Merlin and the like.

Also, I think that the Kelsey Leigh character would exclusively be Disney owned. Maybe that would be the "shared ownership" context. Marvel might be willing to let Fox have Braddock; it frees up Marvel to develop Kelsey as another female hero for the MCU.

I would like to see the circa 1987 outfit. Barring that, the original outfit is fine, but I see him losing the full mask a lot, like the Flash.

I feel like it would be really interesting since he's actually a really cool character to use in what I've seen of him. However, as others have said I have no idea who owns the rights to him.

If marvel owns the rights I could see them create him as the British governments attempt at a government hero and their own version of Captain America but I guess it would be a set up for the Excalibur team or MI-13 by Fox which might also be really cool to see.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

new tweet from Ciara McAvoy saying "Something to start with : The producer Chris - @mrcoolmintprod and the co producer Eleni - @MOVIESEL5 #CaptainBritain"

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Even those of us in the Marvel UK thread feel this unlikely. I love Captain Britain, but I feel he'd be a weird choice for just so many reasons.
    I agree that it's a weird choice but so is Legion and Hellfire Club. I'm not really too excited for this, if it is real, unless Psylocke and/or Meggan have a big part in it. And I do mean Psylocke, not a young or unpowered Betsy Braddock, that would suck. Seeing some live action Merlyn, Roma and Saturnyne would also be pretty cool.