The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Default Did Carmine Infantino ever draw Wally West as the (not Kid) Flash?

Carmine Infantino was the first artist to ever draw the character of Wally West, and drew Wally many times during the Silver and Bronze Ages...as KID Flash. With the end of the first run of THE FLASH starring Barry Allen in 1985, Infantino went into semi-retirement. He didn't quit comics illustration altogether at that point, but was pretty much done as a front-line monthly DC artist. That raises the question: has Carmine Infantino ever drawn Wally as an adult Flash?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91QhZbMbEJL.jpg

He did the cover for Secret Origins Annual 2, it has a Wally and Barry story. Not sure if the cover is suppose to be both of them or if it is just Barry shown twice. It was published a couple years after Crisis so it may be Wally in the front and Barry in the back.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post

He did the cover for Secret Origins Annual 2, it has a Wally and Barry story. Not sure if the cover is suppose to be both of them or if it is just Barry shown twice. It was published a couple years after Crisis so it may be Wally in the front and Barry in the back.
    I agree with your interpretation. Wally was the then-current active Flash, so he's in the foreground and depicted as solid. Barry was dead, so he's in the background in an ephemeral, ghostly form.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post

I don't have the comic in front of me, but when Wally first became the Kid Flash, his costume looked just like Barry's. It was later changed, so that picture may just be Flash and Kid Flash.

Sandy Hausler