Page 1 of 139 123451151101 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Wonder Woman Can't Save Dull "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice"

"Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" has arrived, but despite a bright spot in Gal Gadot, it's "too gritty to be fun and too grim to be thrilling."

Full article here.

This is what I feared. Some of the stuff I heard from people last few days made me very nervous. I think it's time to admit that Snyder just isn't going to do it. As a DC fan, this is disappointing but I'm not surprised at all

Amazing Member

Well, there's an opinion. One of many. So far I've heard more good reviews than bad, so I'll make up my own mind.

Extraordinary Member

Meh. I'll wait to see it myself and the make up my mind. I've heard from too many people who genuinely enjoyed it to be discouraged from seeing it.

Also, I'm not following what the reviewer is trying to say about the motivations of Lex Luthor or pretty much any of their criticisms. The review doesn't really seem all that...detailed. And I'm sure that there's a concern about spoilers, but its not really saying anything. Its basically saying "I hate gritty!" and that's it. That's all the reviewer is even bothering to say.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 03-22-2016 at 03:21 PM.

Spectacular Member

I'll wait too. Newsarama gave it a great review, and I thought for sure they would be the ones giving it the hatchet job.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    This is what I feared. Some of the stuff I heard from people last few days made me very nervous. I think it's time to admit that Snyder just isn't going to do it. As a DC fan, this is disappointing but I'm not surprised at all
    I was never super invested in this film to begin with (and I liked Man of Steel more than many), but I agree that it's disappointing, yet not surprising. I'll still see it, though and make up my own mind.

Also, we live in a world where there's no shortage of highly entertaining superhero fare on TV & film. I saw a hilarious R-rated superhero film a few weeks ago. I binge-watched an sweet Netflix show this weekend with awesome fights and an Elektra that I like way more than the comics version. And I have a highly-anticipated DC crossover that's airing on Monday. So if/when this one thing disappoints, eh, it's not as big a deal to me as it would've been a few years ago.
    Last edited by areacode212; 03-22-2016 at 03:22 PM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Given that I didn't exactly have a high opinion of MOS, I can't say I'm surprised by this review. I'll still probably see it but I'm not expecting to have a high opinion of it either.

Well, given that im only actually interested in Wonder Woman, so im still watching this movie.

Spectacular Member

I saw it last night. My critical opinion would be somewhat similar to this review. I try my best to enjoy it while I'm watching it but I'll just say I'm not really eager to see it a second time.

BANNED

After what they did to Superman in this movie, Im glad this thing is failing critic wise, even Marvel is more respectful with a C-Tier heroes like Thor or Falcon, Superman was humiliated in this movie, Snyder just cant hide his The Dark Knight Returns hard on.

Sorry Warner Studios/DC, but if there is any dawn of justice on this, is the fact that not even ''The Batman Panic Button'' that you like so much can save you this time.

Fantastic Member Iluvitloud1976's Avatar

Well this is certainly disheartening but not surprising given how divisive Zack Snyder's films are among critic's. I personally like his movie's minus Suckerpunch which much more resembles a music video. I'm still psyched to see this but do appreciate your early review. I definitely appreciated MOS way more the 2nd time I saw it despite there still being various plot holes & some questionable motives in the film.
    ".......he's wrong, we're not wearing costumes" -Leonardo, 1984

Astonishing Member

1/12 Review on Rotten Tomatoes are good so far...

Spectacular Member

Given this reviewer also briefly dissed Man Of Steel in the same review, I think it is safe to say if you didn't like Man of Steel that you won't like BvS. I don't know why CBR had this person review it if he or she has a certain biased with dark and gritty superhero films.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    1/12 Review on Rotten Tomatoes are good so far...
    Now up to 5 out of 20. Hey that's improvement
    Last edited by gbshabo; 03-22-2016 at 03:34 PM.

This confirms every fear I've had since I first heard that Zack Snyder would be directing. Zack Snyder sucks. He must have made a deal with the Devil to be given so many high-profile jobs.