Page 40 of 139 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    I don't ignore it, it was unfortunate

and if you follow the UP UP Down Down gaming channel, the person who runs that channel manages to get his console from place to place, and he's a touring performer, but I understand your POV here
    I totally understand that there are ways to get around that, but I know a lot of musicians who have had their instruments smashed by the airlines, trusting them with electronics, especially expensive ones.. I'm not that comfortable. It's an extra level of stress I'd like to avoid. I usually aim for minimalism in luggage if I can get away with it.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Can we all agree that Jesse Eisenberg was a horrible choice for Lex Luther now? I have not heard one person praise his performance not even all those "just wait and see it worked with Heath Ledger" people.

BANNED

sorry, I thought it was a nice throwback to Silver Age mad scientist Lex Luthor

BANNED

A fair, spoiler-free review:

Last edited by Captain13; 03-24-2016 at 06:51 PM.

Mighty Member

Ok maybe it was because I went in with such low expectations but I really enjoyed it. I give it a 7.5. Or perhaps it is because I am not a DC guy. I have thought for a long time they are their own harshest critics but it does make sense. It is too bad they crammed 2 stories into this. It seems like they could have had 2 great movies(with a different director of course) with the material Snyder just burned through.

Damn that movie takes a beating with the critics. Not sure what's going to be the fan response.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    sorry, I thought it was a nice throwback to Silver Age mad scientist Lex Luthor
    He was interesting. It was like you say the more maniacal Luthor. Fairly machiavellian and kind of mixed with oldschool bond villains in his long con. That's what was intersting to me about this, it wasn't a big smash-em movie it was more of an intrigue/espionage movie.

I liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    Damn that movie takes a beating with the critics. Not sure what's going to be the fan response.
    Well, from Tuesday to Thursday, it dropped from 9.7 to 7.9 in IMDB, and from 4.8 to 4.0 in rotten tomatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    A commentator at the AV club said the only possible way to salvage this franchise would be if Snyder's league turned out to be the Justice Lords and if at the end of their movie they invaded the earth of the real Justice League. I thought it was the best idea I ever read.
    The Crime Syndicate. Cavill is Ultraman, Affleck is Owlman, Gadot is Superwoman. It would actually be ballsy and brilliant if Warner would turn this around and make it happen. Their Aquaman Mamoa even look like a disorted version of the blond hair, blue eyes regular Aquaman. (looks like the 90s Jae Lee Namor, in fact)

Extraordinary Member

Okay I thought it was awesome, although I can understand why some might not like it. Superman takes more than a few low blows here.

But the acting and direction are all on point here. Sorry the confusion complaints are the legacy of visual illiteracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    Fans like it, critics don't. Some movies are like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    Fans like it, critics don't. Some movies are like that.
    Like the Transformers movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post

So basically their Superman is Roman Reigns and their Batman is Stone Cold Steve Austin coming back from retirement and say, dude you are bland as shit.

That's three back-to-back movies with Superman in it that has made him lifeless and having no emotion. And Welling on the TV show was not the most expressive guy either.

Who thinks this is a good idea?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Like the Transformers movies.
    Which I consider to be some of the worst movies of all time.
    G.O.A.T.: Greatest Of All Time now on Patreon. Please support or spread the word www.patreon.com/andrewhuerta

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post

I had to subscribe to their channel after that