Page 73 of 139 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 2072

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    But none of those movies are actually part of the DC Cinematic Universe. To date, the DCCU consists of Man of Steel and BvS. That's it. If you're going to take points off the DCCU for Catwoman, Superman Returns, and Green Lantern, then you have to do the same for the MCU for Daredevil, Elektra, and Ghost Rider, because the latter 3 have just as much connection to the current MCU as the former 3 have to the current DCCU.
    Not the same marvel studios didnt even make those movie if i remember correctly. Dd and elektra were fox and GR was Universal?? Iono have no idea

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Has death really had any weight in a Superman movie since the first Christopher Reeves film?
    That's just it though. If they were doing Death of Superman, shouldn't it have had weight and meaning? You don't just kill Superman for shock value. Despite the horrendous Superman 3 and 4, I have to say if they did a Death of Superman with Reeve Superman, I'd be sad because I had emotionally invested in Reeve Superman due to the first two movies.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    sorry, I thought it was a nice throwback to Silver Age mad scientist Lex Luthor
    Its fantastic to see that I was not the only one who saw Jesse's lex is actually quite accurate in terms of personality to Silver age luthor

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I didnt have a probelm with any collateral damage in BvS. But as far as Avengers vs MoS. They were fighting and army they couldnt move the fight to a less populated area. At the end of MoS it was just him and Zod. Not a big deal but didnt seem like Supes even had the idea to try and move it somwhere else. Not a big deal either way.

The big deal is in the comics Batman doesnt kill and supes saves it for no win situations. Which you can say MoS was so thats okay. Captain america and Hulk dont have a no killing code. Cap is against it most of the timr outside of war but hes even more pragmatic then supes about it. Hulk iono honestly cant think of one person hes ever killed while not being mind controlled or something similar. Well nvm planet hulk he killed some people but thats kill or be killed. Outside that iono if Hulk is against killing but i dont remember him ever doing it.
    Hulk every now and then goes on a rampage and there is major collateral damage.

I went to see bvs for a third time with two friends. One of them said it was dead but the end was sick. The second friend said the film was great.

My second friends rates avenger first film and both of the captain america films, saying winter solider is the best.

He went on further to say avengers fight cant be compared to superman. They enemies they fight are never really a match, Loki got turned over by hulk and Thor. The aliens, even black widow and Hawkeye dealt with them. Ultron got dealt with by hulk, Thor and vision.

Superman taking on world changers, zod, doomsday, he's got no time to really help people. He's in a real fight, with people who one bang, would destroy the avenger

Also who did batman actually kill? The people in car could easily survive. The cars he shot at could easily survive. How many comic book films have we seen where similar has happened and people survive. Can't count the people that died in the dream sequence. The guy with the flamethrower had to be taken out.

Again the aliens that he avengers faced, how much of a threat were they? I mean hulk and Thor was taking on 4 or 5 of them. They could be handled. How is superman handling a being like zod? Or a devise like the world engine? He moved zod to space, they guy just came back down.

Maybe when superman vs different character of lesser powers he will be saving dudes, these two films he been up agaisnt two of his strongest foes.

Let's not compare

Amazing Member

Superman could have lured Zod away? Really?
    Zod wanted to exterminate humans.
    Superman going to an uninhabited area would have allowed Zod to kill millions of humans.
    I don't think Superman had much choice where to fight him and Zod was getting more powerful as the battle went on.
    Zod had to be stopped ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by devil leonx View Post
    Its fantastic to see that I was not the only one who saw Jesse's lex is actually quite accurate in terms of personality to Silver age luthor
    Problem is that Silver Age Lex has not aged well and is not something modern audiences may like. There's a reason the Smallville and DCAU versions are better received - they actually made Lex seem like a person.

Incredible Member

Not the same marvel studios didnt even make those movie if i remember correctly. Dd and elektra were fox and GR was Universal?? Iono have no idea
    You are correct, except GR was Sony and Hulk was Universal.
    G.O.A.T.: Greatest Of All Time now on Patreon. Please support or spread the word www.patreon.com/andrewhuerta

Quote Originally Posted by Shriveling_memo View Post
    Also who did batman actually kill? The people in car could easily survive. The cars he shot at could easily survive.

No, they couldn't have. Those cars exploded into flame.

Fantastic Member

In how many cartoons, comics and other media have people jumped out the way unnoticed. Even if that's the case, how does batman get away with that in comics, I mean shotting a car

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    No, they couldn't have. Those cars exploded into flame.
    Are you talking about the Batwing sequence? To be fair, Batman gave them LOADS of time to move, as he shot up the ground in front of them for several seconds before connecting with the truck. And I read somewhere that if you slow down the scene on youtube, when the camera pans to the truck there's nobody in the back at that point anyway. I haven't done this though, so I can't confirm.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Are you talking about the Batwing sequence? To be fair, Batman gave them LOADS of time to move, as he shot up the ground in front of them for several seconds before connecting with the truck. And I read somewhere that if you slow down the scene on youtube, when the camera pans to the truck there's nobody in the back at that point anyway. I haven't done this though, so I can't confirm.
    That sounds like a lot of wishful thinking to me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    EVERYBODY knew Superman had been invited because the Senator went of tv and called for him to attend. It is clearly NOT. A crowd of random people. There are hundreds of pro and Con Superman signs in the crowd. The police already have barricades set up at the bottom of the entry.waiting to set them up when the crowd has already gathered would be sloppy and stupid. Sloppy and staid is not procedure.
    Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Oh for the love of God . . . Superman hovered in the air too long because he thinks he's Jesus. Zack Snyder is the antichrist.

Just let it go. No one really cares.
    None of which had anything to to with the post you were responding to.

Or perhaps I should say have no response to?
    Last edited by brettc1; 04-01-2016 at 06:01 AM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I forgot, Superman should be 100% perfect like the Reeve version. My bad, I spaced it. It's not logical that someone raised as a human, by humans, and thinks like a human would ever make a mistake.

He missed the van. Oh well. At least he never gave away his home address & left it open to attack with Lois at home.
    Not like he needed to. LOL.

Its not Superman's fault. He only does what the writers say he does. If he is written doing dumb out of characters things you don't blame Superman.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Shriveling_memo View Post
    Hulk every now and then goes on a rampage and there is major collateral damage.

I went to see bvs for a third time with two friends. One of them said it was dead but the end was sick. The second friend said the film was great.

My second friends rates avenger first film and both of the captain america films, saying winter solider is the best.

He went on further to say avengers fight cant be compared to superman. They enemies they fight are never really a match, Loki got turned over by hulk and Thor. The aliens, even black widow and Hawkeye dealt with them. Ultron got dealt with by hulk, Thor and vision.

Superman taking on world changers, zod, doomsday, he's got no time to really help people. He's in a real fight, with people who one bang, would destroy the avenger

Also who did batman actually kill? The people in car could easily survive. The cars he shot at could easily survive. How many comic book films have we seen where similar has happened and people survive. Can't count the people that died in the dream sequence. The guy with the flamethrower had to be taken out.

Again the aliens that he avengers faced, how much of a threat were they? I mean hulk and Thor was taking on 4 or 5 of them. They could be handled. How is superman handling a being like zod? Or a devise like the world engine? He moved zod to space, they guy just came back down.

Maybe when superman vs different character of lesser powers he will be saving dudes, these two films he been up agaisnt two of his strongest foes.

Let's not compare
    Every Hulk rampage is because of mind control or someone trying to split Banner and Hulk. No matter how mad he gets he nevers kills innocent people. WWHulk perfect example all that destruction and not a single person died.

BvS director states Batmans kills people. He calls it manslaughter though not murder lol

Every Hulk rampage is because of mind control or someone trying to split Banner and Hulk. No matter how mad he gets he nevers kills innocent people. WWHulk perfect example all that destruction and not a single person died.
    Which is laughably unrealistic, even by the standards of realism of a comic book universe.