Page 118 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2072

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Rock View Post
    When all is said and done Zootopia is outperforming BvS. In a theatre by theatre average as well as number of theatres. Zootopia is holding at #5 and is almost a month older in it's theatre run. It's making 30% more money per theatre showing it AND it is now in more theatres. BvS is being shown less and to a smaller crowd. The Boss is still beating it for overall BO every week. If that first week it beat BvS was a fluke why has BvS not caught up? Avengers Age of Ultron was able to pass up Poltergeist after that movie dropped from it's initial premier high retaking a higher place on the board.

You need to take a look at the scoreboard again. Not only is Zootopia still selling more tickets daily it's world wide total is still higher than BvS. So it is happening, it will be a thing. Unless BvS starts selling more now then it did two weeks ago which is the height of improbable since it is now in almost a thousand less theatres.
    I may be intense but I am intense about numbers, not the movies themselves. Don't come at this discussion with blind fanboyisms and not a single number to back you up.
    i was unaware that zootopia had done so well. congratulations to them!

however their domestic is just under bvs afaik.

but again, why are you so concern with zootopia and the boss? afaik those movies are not directly in competition with bvs. one is a cartoon about talking animals and one is a slapstick comedy about a popular comedian. to say those are targeting different demographics would be generous.

why are you so bothered by bvs performance? it's outsold nearly every cbm ever made, and is still selling tickets. and in two weeks time, will have been in theaters worldwide for two whole months.

this nonsense about BvS having "no legs" exists only in your head. if it had no legs, it would have made far less money, wouldn't still be selling MILLIONS in tickets, and would already be done with.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    this jimmy nonsense is exactly that. nonsense. no one called him jimmy on film. yes, he was credited as jimmy olsen, but that can simply be hand-waved away if they want to reintroduce him later.

all we know is this: there was a man with lois. that man had a camera and a tracking device. that man was shot in the face and (presumably) died.
    What we know is that the writers and directors intended in this movie that this guy be Jimmy Olsen because that's how he is credited, that he have his head blown off in the first ten minutes, and then Superman swoops in and saves Lois Lane.

That's pretty sad.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Over-exaggeration. It was it's third week and the Boss only beat BvS by a small tiny fraction hardly trounced it.
    I'm prepared to predict that Civil War's third week end will beat the opening weekend for The Boss.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

not for nothing, but who cares how much the boss is making? or zootopia? are you under some wild impression that they will outperform this movie when all is said and done? do you have some intense worry that either of these films will track as long or with the same profit that bvs is doing?

because none of those things is happening.
    Ummmm

Zootopia has actually made over $932m globally at the box office. That's about $60M more to date than BvS.

So... yes, it is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    What we know is that the writers and directors intended in this movie that this guy be Jimmy Olsen because that's how he is credited, that he have his head blown off in the first ten minutes, and then Superman swoops in and saves Lois Lane.

That's pretty sad.
    yes i agree its very sad! but they also intentionally left themselves an out in case they want to bring jimmy back. or they can not bother! jimmy was not essential to this story, i'm sorry to say.

maybe one day down the line they can do something about it. maybe all snyderverse superman needs is his pal jimmy olsen.

Ummmm

Zootopia has actually made over $932m globally at the box office. That's about $60M more to date than BvS.

yes, see above. and once again, zootopia is not relevant. are you also looking at all the other cbm's in the past couple of years and calling them failures for being outsold by zootopia of all things? of course not! LOL that would be ridiculous . . .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Except it didn't give it a trouncing and beat it huge. The Boss came along and really here was the numbers that weekend ...basically 120,000+ separated the 2 films. That was it. And it really is not a trouncing. Batman V Superman was front loaded for those 2 weeks. The film was gonna be defeated by the 4th week regardless since Jungle Book was arriving.

Also this ignores that McCarthy has had her last films do over $200+ million to $100+ million. Its why she was cast in Ghostbusters remake. She is on a hot streak.

So no , not a trouncing. Given that summer release schedule will be huge and films will have huge openings and fall the next week , can we proclaim that if Neighbors 2 somehow edges out Civil War by some $120,000 figure ..."Yep it was a trouncing and shouldn't have happened...." (Not saying it will happen....but comically could we say that ?)
    Yes, we could say that if it happens. Because in no ones imagination should Neighbors 2 beat Civil War on its second weekend.

And yes... the Boss did indeed trounce BvS because in no ones imagination should it have beat BvS on its third or even fifth weekend. The fact that it did means it was essentially a trouncing. Even if it only beat it by $1, it would have been considered a trouncing. That is my opinion and I am sticking to it.

The Mexican James Bond Guapo Méndez's Avatar

i was unaware that zootopia had done so well. congratulations to them!

however their domestic is just under bvs afaik.

but again, why are you so concern with zootopia and the boss? afaik those movies are not directly in competition with bvs. one is a cartoon about talking animals and one is a slapstick comedy about a popular comedian. to say those are targeting different demographics would be generous.

why are you so bothered by bvs performance? it's outsold nearly every cbm ever made, and is still selling tickets. and in two weeks time, will have been in theaters worldwide for two whole months.

this nonsense about BvS having "no legs" exists only in your head. if it had no legs, it would have made far less money, wouldn't still be selling MILLIONS in tickets, and would already be done with.
    You seem to misunderstand what "no legs" means. BvS debuted everywhere at the same time. All the big markets opened in the space of 7 days. 80% of the movie's money came from those days. Legs means earning steadily over a long period of time, much like Titanic did or like Avengers/TFA did. Big earnings at the beginning, yes, but steady income with low drop-off numbers.

If BvS had been released over a 15 to 27 day period, much like the others were or are, word of mouth would have killed the earnings. People went to see it once around March 26-29 and stayed away. This event happened everywhere, in every nation. Now, the only people going to see it are the final 19% who think this movie speaks to them, presenting their Superman.

Had this movie debuted in the international markets with more delay, I bet my arm the earnings would have fallen more than 50%. Had BvS been released with actual competition, like the summer blockbuster it was supposed to be, Cap would have trounced it big time. There is clearly a better movie, with an actual plot and events set up years ago. BvS is a "I can do it too! Look!" effort that Warner knew would not be able to sustain itself and that's why they stacked the deck with the March release and the All-or-Nothing opening.

Yes, it made "only" 860 million, but we have seen that the new yardstick is the billion: Avengers 1 and 2 has it, TFA has it, Jurassic World has it...and in domestic, Deadpool -with a fraction of the budget and a fraction of the recognition and a fraction of the audience- was able to kick its ass six ways 'til Sunday. Hell, look at how much money Deadpool made domestic by day 38 and how much is BvS makind and it still kicks its ass. And I'm not even talking about how at day 38 Deadpool earned 800k daily and by day 35 BvS was around 400k -not counting weekends, but when they get totals for days 39 and 40 I will).

oh, is THAT what "legs" mean? i thought "legs" was referring to staying power and selling power in the box office.

who comes up with these parameters? you? how convenient.

Finally got around to seeing this yesterday. A lot of people told me not to waste my time, but I wanted to have an informed opinion and not miss out on seeing this on the big screen before Civil War hit the theaters. I should have listened to those people.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    Yes, we could say that if it happens. Because in no ones imagination should Neighbors 2 beat Civil War on its second weekend.

And yes... the Boss did indeed trounce BvS because in no ones imagination should it have beat BvS on its third or even fifth weekend. The fact that it did means it was essentially a trouncing. Even if it only beat it by $1, it would have been considered a trouncing. That is my opinion and I am sticking to it.
    You keep using this word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Hahah I trounced you!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guapo Méndez View Post
    It shows a fundamental misunderstanding of the character and the properties. Or did you feel Batman's origin story could have used more prison rape?
    For one. It's taken 8 years ago where he's distinguishing between what's dark and what's not and secondly he has made a Batman film and Batman wasn't raped at all. So...
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guapo Méndez View Post
    Got links on the theater owner thing?
    I'm searching google now for the article (or articles). But there was grumbling among theaters about the 2 films basically targeting the same audience , opening the same week and hurting each others profits and what they'd generate. They wanted 1 to move and it didn't matter which one.

I'm prepared to predict that Civil War's third week end will beat the opening weekend for The Boss.
    Well the 3rd week has this as competition from Seth Rogen and Zac Efron "Neighbors 2" , Angry Birds Movie and the Nice Guys . The Nice Guys stars Russell Crowe as well. So the 3rd week competition will be decent for Civil War.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    3rd weekend. Its the 3rd weekend of release. And as posted above the big test will be holding off The Nice Guys and Neighbors 2.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 05-03-2016 at 11:13 AM.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'm searching google now for the article (or articles). But there was grumbling among theaters about the 2 films basically targeting the same audience , opening the same week and hurting each others profits and what they'd generate. They wanted 1 to move and it didn't matter which one.

Well the 3rd week has this as competition from Seth Rogen and Zac Efron "Neighbors 2" , Angry Birds Movie and the Nice Guys . The Nice Guys stars Russell Crowe as well. So the 3rd week competition will be decent for Civil War.

3rd weekend. Its the 3rd weekend of release. And as posted above the big test will be holding off The Nice Guys and Neighbors 2.
    From the early reviews and the strong overseas opening, Civil War is in good shape for Avengers 1 money. I mean yeah, BVs made the money it needed, but being released in a wasteland month definitely helped. Smart of WB to move it up away from the stiffer competition of Marvel's sucessful brand.
    Glad it made money, but I would be more glad if it was a good movie.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 05-03-2016 at 11:14 AM.

Writing on the wall The Celtic Batman's Avatar

Ummmm

Not strictly true. Zootopia has not been released yet over here in the UK, or Mainland Europe I believe. There has, however, been a very similar movie called Zootropolis that's doing rather well.

;-) ;-) ;-) wakka wakka
    We're all the Doom Patrol!!!
    Opinions come in all shapes and sizes.
    But they're still just opinions yo

Quote Originally Posted by areacode212 View Post
    Finally got around to seeing this yesterday. A lot of people told me not to waste my time, but I wanted to have an informed opinion and not miss out on seeing this on the big screen before Civil War hit the theaters. I should have listened to those people.
    I wonder if anyone tried to watch those two movies back to back ? The difference must be pretty jarring.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."