Page 10 of 139 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    He didn't rewrite it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Those rumors were debunked. Besides I think it is time to stop blaming the writers. Goyer basically took the blame for Man of Steel but Snyder can't hide behind anyone this time
    Ah, so just rumors. Gotcha.
    G.O.A.T.: Greatest Of All Time now on Patreon. Please support or spread the word www.patreon.com/andrewhuerta

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Oh my god, the movie isn't even out yet. SEE IT! Then make up your mind! Unless you're scared you might actually like it.
    No..,I'm pretty sure I'm going to hate it.

Extraordinary Member

Guys, Rotten Tomatoes gave Iron Man 3 a 79% while at the same time gave the Danish Girl, an Oscar-winning film, less than that. I really don't think they hold the keys to the kingdom that people think they do. If so, then Iron Man 3 would've won an Oscar, and that would be a true tragedy.

Extraordinary Member

Well, put your money where your mouth is and at least see it first.

BANNED

Guys, Rotten Tomatoes gave Iron Man 3 a 79% while at the same time gave the Danish Girl, an Oscar-winning film, less than that. I really don't think they hold the keys to the kingdom that people think they do. If so, then Iron Man 3 would've won an Oscar, and that would be a true tragedy.
    You are, of course, giving more importance to the Oscars over critic reviews.

Well, put your money where your mouth is and at least see it first.
    I saw the plot on 4chan...and holy shit...it was awful.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Cloud Atlas
    Spider-Man 3
    Sharknado

All have fresh scores on RT. Anyone who thinks RT is the gold standard of tv and movie review quality, should really rethink that assessment.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

That seems to be the mindset of a lot of people going into this movie. Going in, already decided that it's going to suck.

Because that doesn't influence one's perspective, right?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Yeah. Because every movie I've ever seen that's won or been nominated for an Oscar was actually good. As opposed to a bunch of the films that have gotten high scores on RT, a bunch of which I couldn't even sit through. For example, Iron Man 3. Another example: Superman Returns (2006). That sh** got a 76% on RT and everybody freaking hated it.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Critics vote on the Oscar winners...

Well, Iron Man 3 wouldn't have competed with the Danish Girl at the Oscars anyway (different year). And the critics reviews don't usually line up tit for tat with the Oscars.

Extraordinary Member

I saw the plot on 4chan...and holy shit...it was awful.
    Yes, because 4chan is so reliable...

Also, I could've read on 4chan that the plot of Spider-Man (2002) was about a kid being bit by a radioactive spider and instead of dying of cancer was given superpowers, and I would have thought that that sounded f**king awful too.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Uh... not any to my knowledge.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    Well, Iron Man 3 wouldn't have competed with the Danish Girl at the Oscars anyway (different year). And the critics reviews don't usually line up tit for tat with the Oscars.
    Yes. I am fully aware of that. Thing is, those idiots STILL gave a higher score to that piece of crap movie than to a movie that actually won an Oscar. They also gave Joy 61% and that movie was also nominated for an Oscar.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    My point was it's all subjective. Even choosing one as more important than the other is a subjective decision.

By the way, I'm not the one that made the distinction between "Oscars" and "critics".