Page 2 of 139 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    This confirms every fear I've had since I first heard that Zack Snyder would be directing. Zack Snyder sucks. He must have made a deal with the Devil to be given so many high-profile jobs.
    You gotta wonder though how he managed to get in charge of the entire DC Universe. I thought Man of Steel was flawed and very average and yet he got keys to everything after that. I think this might end that for him. I don't think he's on Justice League anymore assuming Justice League is still on track

All-New Member Dinah Draws The Things's Avatar

I saw this movie last night and I absolutely disagree... like really really really disagree, I found myself on the edge of my seat enjoying it, the movie flowed fine and it was over before I knew it and I left wanting more. I don't get the "Too gritty, too dark" people. I thought the actors were all terrific, and there was some shocks in the movie, I don't want to spoil.

So count me in the Disagree pile, because I thought Dawn Of Justice was amazing.

Yes I made an account just to post this, because I found this review completely biased and untrue.

BANNED

Maybe the film is as bad as the reviewer says maybe it isn't. I'le decide for myself when I see it.

But this review (as in the quality of the review itself) is abysmal. Paragraphs upon paragraphs that say absolutely nothing.
    Last edited by TheLastDalek; 03-22-2016 at 03:40 PM.

Fantastic Member

Meta critic chiming in with 2 positive and 12 mixed and zero negative. Not all doom and gloom. I imagine this will settle around 50%

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    Maybe the film is as bad as the reviewer says maybe i t isn't. I'le decide for myself when I see it.

But this review (as in the quality of the review itself) is abysmal. Paragraphs upon paragraphs that say absolutely nothing.
    Yeah, that's exactly what I thought. I honestly can't find any substance to this review. Like, I'm actually poring over it trying to decipher what the reviewer is trying to say and its almost like trying to read something a fifth grader wrote. All conclusions without any substance or reasoning behind them.

Mild-mannered journalist

Quote Originally Posted by Dinah Draws The Things View Post
    I found this review completely biased and untrue.
    It's a review. That's not bias, it's opinion -- what a review inherently is.

BANNED

Snyder has a grip on visuals but he has never displayed the ability to handle a narrative structure or to direct actors as compelling characters. They are always stiff lifeless props around which things fly in a storm. The reviews are tepid at best and mostly scathing. Didn't DC learn anything fro such snooze-fests as Watchmen, Man of Steel or Suckerpunch? It's a real shame they have him pulling the cart but they knew what they were getting.

Fantastic Member

Well, I've already got my tickets for Sunday but I'll go see it. Not doing too great on RT and now we know that's the reason for the embargo. Love reading the DC plants who reply to worries about review embargoes by stating that the embargoes are more about preventing spoilers in the reviews but most reviews don't come right out and spoil movies. Now, WB must have felt that this movie would be divisive and therefore, there was a review embargo.

I hope it ends up being a good movie but some of the reviews that I've already read do indicate that it's not particularly enjoyable. This can hurt box office over time - if viewers aren't enjoying themselves when watching a movie, they aren't likely to go see it two, three, or four times.

I'm also one who tends to trust the majority of review more often than not, except for possibly horror movies. If the consensus indicates that it's a bad movie, then it's probably a bad movie. They weren't wrong about the FF movie, were they? I never saw it because the reviews were so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinah Draws The Things View Post
    I saw this movie last night and I absolutely disagree... like really really really disagree, I found myself on the edge of my seat enjoying it, the movie flowed fine and it was over before I knew it and I left wanting more. I don't get the "Too gritty, too dark" people. I thought the actors were all terrific, and there was some shocks in the movie, I don't want to spoil.

So count me in the Disagree pile, because I thought Dawn Of Justice was amazing.

Yes I made an account just to post this, because I found this review completely biased and untrue.
    Do you liked Man of Steel ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Yeah, that's exactly what I thought. I honestly can't find any substance to this review. Like, I'm actually poring over it trying to decipher what the reviewer is trying to say and its almost like trying to read something a fifth grader wrote. All conclusions without any substance or reasoning behind them.
    What the review says is basically, if you liked the tone of Man of Steel, you will like this movie.

Fantastic Member

positive reviews in from Variety, USA Today and Rolling Stone. I was hoping for universal acclaim, but in the end i think the public is going to love this movie

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Yarbrough View Post
    It's a review. That's not bias, it's opinion -- what a review inherently is.
    Yeah, but reviewers usually explain WHY they thought something was bad. At least, the reviews that I usually read do. I honestly can't grasp what this guy is saying is inherently bad. He says Eisenberg "hams it up" as Luthor. Okay, HOW does Eisenberg ham it up??? Give us an example. You can include a description without spoiling too much. But this guy just....doesn't give anything for the reader to latch onto.

All-New Member Dinah Draws The Things's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Do you liked Man of Steel ?.

What the review says is basically, if you liked the tone of Man of Steel, you will like this movie.
    I did actually. It wasn't perfect it had it's flaws, but I really enjoyed it More so than most Marvel Phase 2 movies (exceptions being GotG, and Winter Soldier.)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    After what they did to Superman in this movie, Im glad this thing is failing critic wise, even Marvel is more respectful with a C-Tier heroes like Thor or Falcon, Superman was humiliated in this movie, Snyder just cant hide his The Dark Knight Returns hard on.

Sorry Warner Studios/DC, but if there is any dawn of justice on this, is the fact that not even ''The Batman Panic Button'' that you like so much can save you this time.
    How's Thor a C-tier guy?
    He's headlined to films that both rivaled to generate as much money as Cap's Movies?
    Cyclops was right

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Yeah, but reviewers usually explain WHY they thought something was bad. At least, the reviews that I usually read do. I honestly can't grasp what this guy is saying is inherently bad. He says Eisenberg "hams it up" as Luthor. Okay, HOW does Eisenberg ham it up??? Give us an example. You can include a description without spoiling too much. But this guy just....doesn't give anything for the reader to latch onto.
    You saw the second trailer, right? What other example do you need of Eisenberg hamming it up? Just curious. Did he seem like Lex Luthor to you in that trailer?

I think after MoS a review like this shouldn't really be surprising. Many disliked that movie while many also liked it. So the same will probably happen with BvS.