Page 4 of 139 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Jonah Weiland's Avatar

Folks,

I've had to delete a number of posts that went too far in here. You can be disappointed that it's a negative review. You can disagree with it (although it's astonishing that two people disagreed with the review, but admitted to not having seen the movie yet).

You can not make personal attacks. You can not throw out grand generalizations that aren't based in reality. You can not post comments here that make little to no sense, using on sentence fragment. You can not act like an ass.

A number of you were skirting on short-term ban behavior. We'll let it slide for now, but any nastiness will be met with an immediate ban. You can disagree. but act maturely or go away.
    -- Jonah Weiland
    -- Just Another Comic Book Fan
    Tweets | Webs
    | 'grams

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Ignore what ?, Iron Man 3 ?, Thor 2 ?, Age of Ultron ?, those movies were much better than Man of Steel.
    I'll give you AOU even though it wasn't much better but the other too NUH-UH.

Ignore what ?, Iron Man 3 ?, Thor 2 ?, Age of Ultron ?, those movies were much better than Man of Steel.
    Lol they where just as bad. But in any case, it's time to give Snyder the boot. He is the weakest link. Have Affleck direct the movie.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by solletaire View Post
    Also, it's not the only site that is giving the movie a negative review. There are plenty of other sites who agree with CBR, so it's not really fair to call CBR biased either.
    True. Although, I'm gonna put my faith in Rolling Stone, Forbes, and USA Today for now. I'm ultimately going to make up my mind about it.

Extraordinary Member

I actually liked Age of Ultron (in my opinion, it was a drastic improvement over the first Avengers). But I thought Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 were TERRIBLE! MoS was so much better than both of those. Pretty much everyone I know who also saw those movies agrees with me on that front. And these are people who also loved MoS.

If you wanna talk about plot caverns, here's one: how does an entire secret super villain outfit get set up in Villa Vizcaya, a registered U.S. National Historic Landmark, (with the villain actually broadcasting from that location and everything) and yet the federal U.S. government has absolutely NO IDEA that its happening?????

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    I thought MOS was fine (not great but decent enough). To each his own I guess but don't act like your opinion is an indisputable fact.
    I am not.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Well in terms of critical acclaim he's right those magazines do hold more weight.
    Well, in that case, yes, i agree.

BANNED

3 out of nine top critics at Rotten Tomatoes rated it fresh so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I actually liked Age of Ultron (in my opinion, it was a drastic improvement over the first Avengers). But I thought Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 were TERRIBLE! MoS was so much better than both of those. Pretty much everyone I know who also saw those movies agrees with me on that front. And these are people who also loved MoS.

If you wanna talk about plot caverns, here's one: how does an entire secret super villain outfit get set up in Villa Vizcaya, a registered U.S. National Historic Landmark, (with the villain actually broadcasting from that location and everything) and yet the federal U.S. government has absolutely NO IDEA that its happening?????
    Well, basically everyone that i know agrees with me that Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 are much better movies than Man of Steel, so....................................

Anyways, unlike at DC, it's a well known fact that in the Marvel Universe, the part of the government and authorities that isn't corrupt or evil, it's really really incompetent.

I guess Forbes has multiple official reviews? Anyway, here's the latest: Batman Vs. Superman Triumphant
    Last edited by GDC3; 03-22-2016 at 04:42 PM.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

We have to remember Man of Steel was a C-grade movie with critics , yet had a B-grade with fans . This is the same deal. Fans walked out happy while smart critics were like..."Baahh..."

The whole , see we need DC to be like Marvel gets so old though. Does DC need to have films like Marvel ? Not really , the films and Universes should be different. Having the same tone and feeling gets tiring. Its why Deadpool worked so well . Its tone was completely different than Fox's X-Men films and it was a huge success. Its why DC needs to have a more different tone ....an edge if you can say it .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Why highlight this review? Sooooo many good to use!

Anyway, I seriously can't believe that there are people who are saying that they aren't going to see the movie because this one review confirmed "all of their fears" that is laughable. Go see the movie, decide for yourself. Seriously folks.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Extraordinary Member

Well, basically everyone that i know agrees with me that Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 are much better movies than Man of Steel, so....................................

Anyways, unlike at DC, it's a well known fact that in the Marvel Universe, the part of the government and authorities that isn't corrupt or evil, it's really really incompetent.
    First off, that sentence is grammatically abhorrent and I don't even know what you're trying to say. Second, I don't really think that saying the government is incompetent is either explanatory or anything to brag about. As someone who has actually gone through a background check from the federal government, I can say they cover literally everything. So, its really just downright unbelievable that something like what went down in Iron Man 3 could actually transpire in real life. Like, I would actually say there's a better chance of there being an alien in Kansas than that.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 03-22-2016 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GDC3 View Post
    I guess Forbes has multiple official reviews? Anyway, here's the latest: http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhugh.../#132587626757
    Here! If you need a review, try this one instead.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    We have to remember Man of Steel was a C-grade movie with critics , yet had a B-grade with fans . This is the same deal. Fans walked out happy while smart critics were like..."Baahh..."

The whole , see we need DC to be like Marvel gets so old though. Does DC need to have films like Marvel ? Not really , the films and Universes should be different. Having the same tone and feeling gets tiring. Its why Deadpool worked so well . Its tone was completely different than Fox's X-Men films and it was a huge success. Its why DC needs to have a more different tone ....an edge if you can say it .
    Yeah, the important thing is the box office, just like the Transformers movies are F-grade among the critics, but it makes enough money that Bay is already making Transformers.....6 ?.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Can we at least wait till the movie is released for everybody, before we start debating critic reviews? The earliest I get to see the film is 6 pm this Thursday. I'd avoid all reviews positive, and negative to avoid having someone else's opinions influence my own.