Page 56 of 139 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" has arrived, but despite a bright spot in Gal Gadot, it's "too gritty to be fun and too grim to be thrilling."

Full article here.
    I agree with this. I couldn't even follow the plot, and the noise gave me a headache. I am glad that I will be looking forward to the Wonder Woman movie.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by glantern35 View Post
    Well, there's an opinion. One of many. So far I've heard more good reviews than bad, so I'll make up my own mind.
    Rotten Tomatoes has it at 29%, so the large majority of critics say that it's a stinker, and while I generally am not so critical about super hero movies, I can see where they are coming from on this one.

Sandy Hausler

BANNED

Jeez, this movie was a mess. Say what you want about the Transformers movies, at least they are coherent. This thing...pacing all over the place, plot points that made no sense, and just too damn long. Even the action sequences were choppy and all over the place. Except for the Batmobile chase, which ruled. Superman moped, Batman glowered, and the rest of the cast seemed to sleepwalk through the setpeieces.
    Affleck and Jeremy Irons were excellent, and Eisenberg was funny as Luthor. Those are about the only positives i can give.

Well then I guess it's a good thing that this was just the "rough cut" and the Snyder edit is coming in July. I think this is a great idea, instead of sequels just keep reediting and adding stuff into this one till you find a good movie. DC fans will pay for it

BANNED

"The rough cut?" Really?
    Wow.
    However, I am sure WB is worried about the critical reception, about the same as Michael Bay is with every Transformers installment. The McScroogian vault of money probably helps to ease the pain.

Fantastic Member

There were moments of this movie that in isolation seem like moments from one of the greatest super hero movies of all time. But it's all thrown together haphazardly. Overall I still liked it, but I feel like the order things happen is almost mind numbing.

Incredible Member

A lot of this seems like guess work, but if its true, its going to be a rough time for WB
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/robcain/.../#2fc234ca6d72
    G.O.A.T.: Greatest Of All Time now on Patreon. Please support or spread the word www.patreon.com/andrewhuerta

Quote Originally Posted by Siddon View Post
    Well then I guess it's a good thing that this was just the "rough cut" and the Snyder edit is coming in July. I think this is a great idea, instead of sequels just keep reediting and adding stuff into this one till you find a good movie. DC fans will pay for it
    But he had a huge amount of time to re-edit it. One of the things I liked about the movie being released such a long after filming completed was that editing should have been flawless. I remember thinking what a good thing the delay was, because it meant they had plenty of time to go over the editing with a fine-toothed-comb. And yet here we are talking about flaws I associate with a rushed job.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    But he had a huge amount of time to re-edit it. One of the things I liked about the movie being released such a long after filming completed was that editing should have been flawless. I remember thinking what a good thing the delay was, because it meant they had plenty of time to go over the editing with a fine-toothed-comb. And yet here we are talking about flaws I associate with a rushed job.
    That is because the film was at 3hr+ for a long time, it wasn't until recently WB ultimately got too nervous and asked Snyder to trim it down. It completely shows.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    This is funny.

The sad Affleck video is pretty hilarious.

I would love to see a solo Batfleck movie. Murderous tendencies or no.

Fantastic Member

Watch it twiced and going to watch it tomorrow.

The film is great, ruthless, showing the grim side of being a hero. Yes people like, praise superman, but the guy took out multiple buildings, thousands of people were killed. Trust is hard gained.

Classic batman is paranoid. Even when best friends with Clark, Bruce does not trust that guy. That's why he rolls with kryptonite. Lex was different, he not the guy I putting on armoured suit and fighting superman. But he's uber smart, ruthless and wants to be the main guy. Sticking the core of this who he is.

Storylines are all connected. Not random. Editing was a bit sloppy but maybe Snyder was trying to give us something different from usual comicbool film. This wasn't a typical superhero film. It clearly nothing like marvels films or fox's marvel film. Its posing a question, who be a hero against all the pain, hate, the knowing that something's never change. DC comics have always been different, bit more grim, asking bigger questions. A lot of superman comics have been about him being compared to Jesus. The things people are moaning about, are people who want the everything on a plate. Remember DC has to be different from marvel.

Fight scenes were awesome. Batman layed it down. Superman should had a Better showing but against doomsday, him and wonder woman gave a good account of themselves. This is a great film opening up for future films
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 03-28-2016 at 02:41 PM.

Amazing Member

I think pretty much the same as Shriveling_memo.
    It's a great film.
    Seen it twice. Better the second time.
    Planning on seeing it one more time at cinema.
    Definite Blu-Ray purchase and also the sound track double CD.

Just saw it. Enjoyed it a lot. As good as MoS, which I also liked. Thought Gadot was a great WW. I had problems with the way they portrayed Lex, he was a little too Ledger Joker at times and not enough Clancy Brown. But I think they succeeded in bringing the DCU to movies.
    I also loved the "mother's name" connection, something I never saw or realized before.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Wonder Woman: You brought him back to the city?

Batman: There's a kryptonite spear here that is the only thing that might kill him.

Wonder Woman: And you figured if you just came back and got it you would never find him again?

Batman: ....
    Wonder Woman: So do you think one of us should go get the spear?

Batman: Nah, let's just risk our lives dodging Doomsday for a few minutes and hope that the spear will find us.

Wonder Woman: You sure you shouldn't just go get it while Superman and I fend off Doomsday since you are practically worthless in this fight and the most squishy of us?

Batman: Nah, even if for some strange reason, the spear doesn't magically find its way to us, we can simply count on Lois Lane still being around and she can bring it to us as I am sure she will survive all this utter destruction that it's taking 3 Superheroes to stop.

Wonder Woman: But what if a building collapses on her or something?

Batman: No worries, we can count on Lois magically surviving any collapsing building's long enough for Superman's super sensitive hearing to hear her drowning and then and only then will Doomsday magically allow Superman to exit the battle to go save her.

Wonder Woman: Wait, shouldn't you go get the spear if that happens since you are immune to Kryptonite and again the most squishy out of us? Then you can just give it to me since I have weapons training, and am durable and strong enough to attack Doomsday with it and survive while you and Superman distract him?

Batman: True but this is a Batman vs Superman movie so Superman should be the one to save Lois and kill Doomsday even though it makes no fucking sense for him to expose himself to Kryptonite when we are in the middle of fighting a ridiculously dangerous foe. Besides we won't be able to have two cool funeral processions if Superman doesn't sacrifice himself by stupidly insisting on being the one to wield the Kryptonite spear that is capable of killing both he and Doomsday.

Wonder Woman: Yeah I guess you are right as my killing Doomsday and ensuring everyone lives doesn't make for the OMG moment that Superman recklessly attacking Doomsday and not even making sure I can provide backup does. Glad we figured out the best way to take down Doomsday in a way that is totally believable to the audience.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie and honestly didn't quite understand why people were trashing it. Many people said it wasn't enough action but the action felt appropriate for the story being told. I thought every character had their moments to shine which I think was good. New character introductions were nice. My only complaint was that lex seemed more like the joker and that wonder woman was not able to fly. Which if anyone could explain that would be nice.