Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Valiant comics solicits for June 2016

WTF happened to Imperium?
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    WTF happened to Imperium?
    Well issue 16 is set to release the last week of May. It's likely going to be 5 or 6 weeks before issue 17, so it wasn't solicited for June.

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    Well issue 16 is set to release the last week of May. It's likely going to be 5 or 6 weeks before issue 17, so it wasn't solicited for June.
    I hope that's the case.

Thanks
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Incredible Member

I hope that's the case.

Thanks
    Getting it all!

4001 continues to look amazing, and that Bloodshot tie-in looks most intriguing.

Classified X-O details as we get closer to #50? Hmmmmm...

And yeah, Imperium... I posted what Dinesh was saying last night on Twitter over in the main Valiant thread. My hunch is the series is ending but there will be something else coming. A crossover? A mini-series to close it out? Who knows at this point. Hopefully more details coming as convention season panels provide opportunities to ask questions.
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

Mighty Member

Ninjak still doesn't look interesting enough for me to pick it back up again. I'm not sold on this new Eternal Warrior arc either. I still find Gilad to be the most boring of the three brothers, so it's hard to maintain my interest with that one. The 4001 stuff looks great. I've never been compelled to get any of the tie-ins for Book of Death but I'm down for all of these.

With Imperium, judging by the way things have been going, unless it's X-O or is something that has been announced otherwise I expect it to end at 24 issues, so we're getting there soon. Might be about that time for Peter to come back into the fold and kick off the next psiot based ongoing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    I've never been compelled to get any of the tie-ins for Book of Death...
    I don't think the meme or emoticon exists that could adequately convey my disbelief at that statement! Why not???

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Yeeah the BoD tie-ins were the best part of the event imo, and amongst the best stuff Valiants published.

Mighty Member

I didn't like the idea of reading endings this early in these characters' life cycle. Maybe that's not necessarily what they are, but they didn't do a good job presenting it as anything else.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    Getting it all!

4001 continues to look amazing, and that Bloodshot tie-in looks most intriguing.

Classified X-O details as we get closer to #50? Hmmmmm...

And yeah, Imperium... I posted what Dinesh was saying last night on Twitter over in the main Valiant thread. My hunch is the series is ending but there will be something else coming. A crossover? A mini-series to close it out? Who knows at this point. Hopefully more details coming as convention season panels provide opportunities to ask questions.
    Yeah, I'll be getting it all as well. Bloodshot Island and 4001 look interesting to me in particular.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I didn't like the idea of reading endings this early in these characters' life cycle. Maybe that's not necessarily what they are, but they didn't do a good job presenting it as anything else.
    Makes sense and I can see where you're coming from, but I'll echo the others and say that they were better than the actual event.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Yeah, I'll be getting it all as well. Bloodshot Island and 4001 look interesting to me in particular.
    I'm really looking forward to 4001.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Incredible Member

Nope, that is exactly how they are. I get your drift.

For me, reading the "Fall of..." issues wasn't just about seeing how various characters met their end, but it was equally about seeing how the Valiant Universe looks in the future and hopefully learning about some of the events that got those characters there. That whole "it's about the journey, not the destination" thing, and the glimpses seen in the "Fall of..." issues point to a very compelling journey.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'm really looking forward to 4001.
    I am too probably more then any other event in recent years actually. Valiant has managed to make events feel special to me again and I haven't felt that way in a very long time. Kudos to them.

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    For me, reading the "Fall of..." issues wasn't just about seeing how various characters met their end, but it was equally about seeing how the Valiant Universe looks in the future and hopefully learning about some of the events that got those characters there. That whole "it's about the journey, not the destination" thing, and the glimpses seen in the "Fall of..." issues point to a very compelling journey.
    That's pretty much how I took them as well. The glimpse into the future of the Valiant U. was what I found surprising about the issues themselves. These weren't your typical "End" issues for the characters and I sort of felt that the point of these "Fall of..." issues was not the character's ends but the future we, as readers, were being shown.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I am too probably more then any other event in recent years actually. Valiant has managed to make events feel special to me again and I haven't felt that way in a very long time. Kudos to them.
    Right? That's definitely a great feeling.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider