Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

The twice monthly stuff killed this for me. I bought a large amount of new52 title and only about 20% of the books wound up not being a TOTAL waste of money. I'm going to give this a half a year to pan out and buy what I want in trade (a first for me). Hopefully it's amazing...

If it turns out anything like new 52 i wouldn't be surprised if Warner guts the entire editorial and all the executive positions as well... Don't they realize decisions like these cause small shops to close and lose longtime loyal fans if not done properly?

We need a modern day Paul Levitz, Diane Nelson and Co. are mediocrifiying these iconic and beloved characters...at least my pull list and by extension my wallet will get some much needed relief.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Clearly I don't take it as seriously as some.

As long as the guy is running around having super-speed adventures, he's Kid Flash - I don't care what color he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    This is how I feel about all characters. I don't get hung up on skin color at all.
    Well put, both of you.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    As long as the guy is running around having super-speed adventures, he's Kid Flash - I don't care what color he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    This is how I feel about all characters. I don't get hung up on skin color at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    Well put, both of you.
    Hey its Kid Flash!
    runner022.png

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well the question has to be asked are these folks actually READING the books in question?

We keep getting this settle for whatever scraps are tossed out or as long as the story good SHUT UP comments.

For those who READ Flash with that Wally-are upset because yes that is not the Wally of the past 40 years.

Most would be fine with a black one eventually with good writing BUT DC went the stereotypical route.

Another ticked off little black boy with home issues and a desire to be bad (in the beginning). Real Wally had home issues too but NEVER went the crime brat route.

That is what really irks fans.

And add WAY more fuel to the fire is the Bat Office and Duke Thomas-a NEW chracter-gets to be Robin (or something with R). Before him DAMIAN WAYNE as Robin-he was new. Tim Drake and Jason too.

How are they able to get new guys around big names without race changing yet Flash creative team can't? And for that team to be shocked that folks don't like Wally? What rock have they been under? Anyone could have seen that reaction a mile away.

Now if they take out the stereotypical behavior and invest in him-attitudes towards him will change. However right now they have done nothing to fan the flames of We want the real Wally.
    if wally is going to be kid flash, better not being black. give another iD or let him being flash;

But I really have a affection for wally being redhead, it's not racism, it is emotional affection. this happens and it is ok

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    NBC should just bring back Friends with different actors but same characters. No one is irreplaceable. As long as the writing is good who cares? TV is the same as comics. As long as the writing is good just change actors if they demand too much money.
    It may work for some. Especially if there's a break in the show to give viewers time to adjust.
    I remember being confused as heck when Fallon on Dynasty seemingly went through a Siege Perilous and emerged with tight curls and a British accent. Lol.
    I loved Emma Samms... but that was a bit of a miscast, IMO.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I studied the picture, and if this is 100% correct then Kid Flash is black.

Then again if this picture is 100% correct every character shown is black, solid black, no highlights.

I think the Golden Age villain called The Mist is shown in the background.
    Last edited by upgrayedd; 03-23-2016 at 08:01 PM.
    I have no beef with Vegans

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    if wally is going to be kid flash, better not being black. give another iD or let him being flash;

But I really have a affection for wally being redhead, it's not racism, it is emotional affection. this happens and it is ok
    Totally agree. I wouldn't want the character to be a blonde or a dark haired Caucasian either. Some of us just want characters appearances to remain consistent, especially if we're attentive to visuals. Wally is, in my opinion, the greatest ginger superhero of all time, and that's how he should be portrayed. Honestly, I'd rather they made Barry or Bart Allen black.

BTW there's a strange tendency to avoid portraying redheads nowadays (The West family, Matt Murdock, Roy Harper, Jimmy Olsen). With Murdock and Harper, it's inexcusable. Hair can be dyed, people.

That's because gingers don't have souls.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post

Now place your bets
    Guesses from left to right: Deadshot, Harley, Croc, Jessica Cruz, Batman, Superman, WW, Pandora, Damian, Kid Flash (Wally West original).

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 37 View Post
    Guesses from left to right: Deadshot, Harley, Croc, Jessica Cruz, Batman, Superman, WW, Pandora, Damian, Kid Flash (Wally West original).
    you were going well till Pandora and Demian.

Not sure why you are thinking Pandora.

And the other image looks more like Carrie Kelly than Demian
    The J-man

Someone at DC (I'm guessing Didio) has been trying to make Jon Kent the new Superboy for a while. Having New 52 Superboy as his clone or an alternate reality. So I'm guessing that the new Superboy is indeed Jon Kent the actual son of Pre-Flashpoint Lois and Clark.
    I'm hoping we get redemption for Connor Kent but I really think it's Jon.

Super Sons will probably have Connor with a cape.
    http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/...20150625045918

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Someone at DC (I'm guessing Didio) has been trying to make Jon Kent the new Superboy for a while. Having New 52 Superboy as his clone or an alternate reality. So I'm guessing that the new Superboy is indeed Jon Kent the actual son of Pre-Flashpoint Lois and Clark.
    I'm hoping we get redemption for Connor Kent but I really think it's Jon.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Kon-El just fades into oblivion if this is the case. If they want Jon Kent as a new Superboy, then what motivation is there to fix Kon's messed up continuity? It'd be much easier for them to just never mention him again. And if he is going to be the new Superboy, it makes me feel even more they're going to kill off Superdad, and maybe even pre-FP Lois too. Make him an orphan like Superman.

As for the sillouettes, to me it looks like Deadshot, Harley, Killer Croc, Power Ring, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Robin (Damian), Superboy (pre-FP Jon Kent), and either Wally West or Bart Allen. I lean toward Wally because of the closed cowl. Bart traditionally has no cowl and just a mask in both Impulse and Kid Flash identities. Hopefully the main verse Wally. They're pushing it with alternate world characters as it is with Jon Kent if that's indeed the new Superboy. I'm trying to meet halfway with them on that one. A handful of alternate world characters at best I can take. I don't want half the superhero population though being characters of other-universal origins.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-23-2016 at 11:57 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Is that POWER RING? Could be Mera.

Its definitely Jessica, she's been concretely revealed in the second video.