Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Wonder Woman in Batman Versus Superman SPOILERS

Although place-holding threads are generally frowned upon, I want to make sure no one (including myself) gets accidentally spoiled on the film.

Please post any discussion regarding the actual movie and any possible spoilers here.

Thanks!
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Wonder Woman is amazing!

I'd rather not talk about the rest of the movie

PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar

spoilers:
    Dat WW theme doe
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

How do we do spoiler tags? I can't seem to find them.

Also, do we need spoiler tags in the thread marked "SPOILERS"?

Finally, Wonder Woman was awesome. I wish I could watch her solo movie today. Or tomorrow. Definitely by the end of this week! And I also need to buy far more Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman merchandise.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    How do we do spoiler tags? I can't seem to find them.

Also, do we need spoiler tags in the thread marked "SPOILERS"?

Finally, Wonder Woman was awesome. I wish I could watch her solo movie today. Or tomorrow. Definitely by the end of this week! And I also need to buy far more Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman merchandise.

Add [ spoil ] and [ / spoil]

Around you spoilers without the spaces

Incredible Member

Thank you!

BANNED

Could someone who watched the premiere tell me exactly how strong Wonder Woman was shown in the movie, and how did she fair against Doomsday?

Incredible Member

SPOILERS

spoilers:

Very strong. In my mind, just as strong as Superman, although they didn't explicitly show whether or not she had the power of flight.

Again, in my mind, Wonder Woman was the strongest opponent against Doomsday. Batman just ran / grappled away from Doomsday (although he has his "hero" moments at the start and end of the fight). Superman, presumably due to his inexperience, didn't really get in many hits (although, once again, he has his moments in the lead-up to the battle with the trinity and a "hero" moment at the end of the fight). Although Wonder Woman took many hits from Doomsday, she just shrugs them off (with no sign of visible injury, whether bruising, blood or even just soreness / tiredness) and keeps on fighting. Wonder Woman's speed and skill with the sword allows her to land more "hits" on Doomsday than Superman manages with his fists or heat vision.

All three characters have "hero" moments at the end of the fight.

I think Doomsday was portrayed as being stronger than Superman and Wonder Woman went toe-to-toe with Doomsday. So, I think Wonder Woman is just as strong as Superman, possibly without the power of flight and definitely without the power of heat vision (although she has her own unique powers / abilities).

end of spoilers

BANNED

SPOILERS

spoilers:

Very strong. In my mind, just as strong as Superman, although they didn't explicitly show whether or not she had the power of flight.

Again, in my mind, Wonder Woman was the strongest opponent against Doomsday. Batman just ran / grappled away from Doomsday (although he has his "hero" moments at the start and end of the fight). Superman, presumably due to his inexperience, didn't really get in many hits (although, once again, he has his moments in the lead-up to the battle with the trinity and a "hero" moment at the end of the fight). Although Wonder Woman took many hits from Doomsday, she just shrugs them off (with no sign of visible injury, whether bruising, blood or even just soreness / tiredness) and keeps on fighting. Wonder Woman's speed and skill with the sword allows her to land more "hits" on Doomsday than Superman manages with his fists or heat vision.

I think Doomsday was portrayed as being stronger than Superman and Wonder Woman went toe-to-toe with Doomsday. So, I think Wonder Woman is just as strong as Superman, possibly without the power of flight and definitely without the power of heat vision (although she has her own unique powers / abilities).

end of spoilers
    WOOOHOOO, I can't wait to see it.

I don't think you will have to worry about WW, Superman on the other hand...

SPOILERS

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    How would you rate her speed?
    end of spoilers

Does she actually use her lasso? Do they speak about it revealing the truth?

Quote Originally Posted by spark627 View Post
    Does she actually use her lasso? Do they speak about it revealing the truth?
    spoilers:

end of spoilers
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

The critics, mostly, do not love this film.

But many of them note that Wonder Woman/Gal Gadot/Diana Prince is a highlight in what is an otherwise pretty terrible movie:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/batm...wn_of_justice/
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Amazing Member

Yup, definitely a Snyder film.