Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I don't know. Her role was pretty critical in the final confrontation. Batman would have been ash without her and Superman would have been overcome. The threat presented by Doomsday really did require the additional power as well as the tactical elements she brought. Her use of the lasso provided the opportunity for a precision strike by both the Batman and the Superman that would have otherwise been unavailable.
    I mean she should have been more integral to the story and the plot she should have been able to have moments thinking about her place in the world and give her own point of view not simply just be a great fighter without doing that shes gonna just feel tacked on no matter how cool it is to see a woman be physically strong

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    Yup, she saved their asses. Frankly, I was thinking "Hand Wondy the spear, let her show you how its done!" but her hands were full at the time so it still made some sense.
    More sense that most of the rest of the movie, certainly.

If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I loved Diana's face when Lex was talking about Prometheus and Greek myths.
    Makes you wonder if some of the Greek myths in this universe are different from the ones in the real world.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    Yup, she saved their asses. Frankly, I was thinking "Hand Wondy the spear, let her show you how its done!" but her hands were full at the time so it still made some sense.
    I was kinda expecting that last bit to have played out differently than how it did. Like, Superman telling Lois to get the spear to Diana while he distracted Doomsday. But I kinda suppose he made the choice he did based on how the rest of the movie was spent beating him over the head about how he didn't belong and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Makes you wonder if some of the Greek myths in this universe are different from the ones in the real world.
    Thats very likely, or Diana was just reminded of how these old stories were repeated and used out of their original context. Not to mention Lex didn't seem to get it right through all his stuttering. Could be, for instance, that Prometheus didn't give mankind the gift of fire out of good will, but maybe because he hoped Zeus would come down and destroy them for it. But to the recieving humans it looked like Prometheus was the good guy for the gift, and Zeus was the bad one for punishing Prometheus for it instead of them (also Zeus did let them keep it afterwards).
    Last edited by Outside_85; 03-26-2016 at 06:34 AM.

I loved that too. And the smile while battling Doomsday.

Really, I couldn't be happier with how Wonder Woman was portrayed. Her theme music was great, her amount of screentime was satisfying, she used the lasso and bracelets... I really have no complaints. And Gal naysayers be damned, her arms were pretty damn muscular when she Batman handed down Superman to her.

I'm interested to know who the other three gentlemen are in the photo that kept being shown with Diana and Steve (Said Taghmaoui was definitely next to Steve).

Anyhow, don't really know what the critics are talking about with this movie. I mean, yeah, they crammed a LOT of stuff into it, but all the set up I enjoyed. Things could've been cut like Superman talking to his dead dad, and I wasn't a fan of Lex Luthor whatsoever (had it been a different character it wouldn't have bugged me so much, since Jesse Eisenberg did a pretty good job of playing an unhinged rich brat, but he definitely felt more like a Batman villain than a Superman one).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Why should she take a full on hit? Being the worlds best fighter means she should be hard to tag.

Plus she CUT OFF HIS FRIKKIN' ARM! Lol
    Yes absolutely, kudos to Wonder Woman for blocking them, but for all we know she could be only as powerful as Captain America, nothing tells me she's on par with Superman, only that her weapons are badass and she's very good with them. Everyone was like "she took hits from Doomsday and wasn't even BOVVERED", they were lying, the blows were cushioned by the shield. We all know what happened last time Wonder Woman squared up with Doomsday without a shield, that didn't go so well for her. And her mission was straight up stupid let's call a spade a spade. As far as I'm concerned, Wonder Woman deserved way more than this for her big and much anticipated big-screen debut...for me it's a bit of a letdown

Me too. Subtle, but awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamp_Lusa View Post
    Yes absolutely, kudos to Wonder Woman for blocking them, but for all we know she could be only as powerful as Captain America, nothing tells me she's on par with Superman, only that her weapons are badass and she's very good with them. Everyone was like "she took hits from Doomsday and wasn't even BOVVERED", they were lying, the blows were cushioned by the shield. We all know what happened last time Wonder Woman squared up with Doomsday without a shield, that didn't go so well for her. And her mission was straight up stupid let's call a spade a spade. As far as I'm concerned, Wonder Woman deserved way more than this for her big and much anticipated big-screen debut...for me it's a bit of a letdown
    Regular guy Batman was trying to stay alive during the battle while, while powerhouses like Superman and Diana were taking Doomsday on head-on. I think she's pretty powerful in the DC Movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulf1984 View Post
    Regular guy Batman was trying to stay alive during the battle while, while powerhouses like Superman and Diana were taking Doomsday on head-on. I think she's pretty powerful in the DC Movies.
    Yes! Wonder Woman and Superman tag teamed Doomsday, equally, big time. They took the hits (being thrown) the same, they had the same impact when hitting, thought I would say Diana had more impact. There's no question for me, after the second viewing, that they have similar strength levels...and that was the sun kissed Superman to boot. Unsurprisingly, some want to find things to complain about, and won't be happy unless they are complaining. I guess maybe these same people would like it better if Superman said "Wow Wonder Woman you're a strong as me" or something stupid.
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 03-26-2016 at 09:48 AM.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Extraordinary Member

Hang on - she's holding Doomsday with the lasso. Now if I lasso a bull and it runs I will get yanked off my feet. But instead she is holding her ground. That by logic demonstrates some serious strength.

She also manages to knock DDay back with her braces attack and leap about a hundred feet in one bound.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Hang on - she's holding Doomsday with the lasso. Now if I lasso a bull and it runs I will get yanked off my feet. But instead she is holding her ground. That by logic demonstrates some serious strength.

She also manages to knock DDay back with her braces attack and leap about a hundred feet in one bound.
    And moves at super speed, and hovers while tag teaming Doomsday with Superman
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Astonishing Member

That scene where she cuts off Doomsday's arms, it was perfect. The smile at the end also, Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman and DCWKA will eat their words when they complained about Gal Gadot being too new without much on her resume to be Wonder Woman.

I don't see Captain American being able to take on Doomsday like that at all. She was able to knock him into the air for Superman to knock him to earth.

In the comics Wonder Woman has fared well prior to 52. She fought the Hunter Prey Doomsday who was unbeknownst to her Brainiac and she fought an even more powerful version of the character developed by Lazarus Industries. In the latter she was fine until a certain well meaning little girl caused a critical distraction which allowed the creature to momentarily get the upperhand. However she recovered rapidly and was able to rejoin the battle.

I preferred the way her interaction and moves were portrayed in the film over all of the comics because the comics (especially the Byrne story) just had her stand there trading blows like any other superhero. Can she do that? Yes (especially if it is the volume two WW with the volume two gear) but her martial training should have battles NOT look like generic superhero slugfests. That made me happy. We saw that strengthwise she was comparable as the augmented creatures strike was stopped by her with her sword. Durability to concussive force and energy was also evident as there were times when she was punched middair and on the ground without the benefit of the shield and she was not even slowed. The moments just prior to Superman's impaling the creature saw her successfully restrain him even while being bombarded with the energy nimbus. Had the structure she was using for her footing not given way the creature would have remained ensnared.

While we didn't see ALL of her standard powers there seemed to be plenty indicators in that battle of her strength, speed, and durability.

As well as great use of the bracelet's offensive abilities (love the sound design for those).

I think this is an old problem that the character has had. Whether it be WW fans or WW haters, the complexity of the character does seem to work against her at times.

New 52 WW is greatly diminished across the board in general. That becomes quite obvious when you look at her encounters with Doomsday. The New 52 version got completely obliterated.
    Last edited by Stanlos; 03-26-2016 at 07:47 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I don't see Captain American being able to take on Doomsday like that at all. She was able to knock him into the air for Superman to knock him to earth.

In the comics Wonder Woman has fared well prior to 52. She fought the Hunter Prey Doomsday who was unbeknownst to her Brainiac and she fought an even more powerful version of the character developed by Lazarus Industries. In the latter she was fine until a certain well meaning little girl caused a critical distraction which allowed the creature to momentarily get the upperhand. However she recovered rapidly and was able to rejoin the battle.

I preferred the way her interaction and moves were portrayed in the film over all of the comics because the comics (especially the Byrne story) just had her stand there trading blows like any other superhero. Can she do that? Yes (especially if it is the volume two WW with the volume two gear) but her martial training should have battles NOT look like generic superhero slugfests. That made me happy. We saw that strengthwise she was comparable as the augmented creatures strike was stopped by her with her sword. Durability to concussive force and energy was also evident as there were times when she was punched middair and on the ground without the benefit of the shield and she was not even slowed. The moments just prior to Superman's impaling the creature saw her successfully restrain him even while being bombarded with the energy nimbus. Had the structure she was using for her footing not given way the creature would have remained ensnared.

While we didn't see ALL of her standard powers there seemed to be plenty indicators in that battle of her strength, speed, and durability.

As well as great use of the bracelet's offensive abilities (love the sound design for those).

I think this is an old problem that the character has had. Whether it be WW fans or WW haters, the complexity of the character does seem to work against her at times.

New 52 WW is greatly diminished across the board in general. That becomes quite obvious when you look at her encounters with Doomsday. The New 52 version got completely obliterated.
    Well okay, she's a cut above Cap, that was hyperbole, I'll give you that. But saying her "complexity works against her sometimes" sounds like a real passive-aggressive, condescending way of calling me stupid, don't think I didn't notice that. If Wonder Woman is "complex" to you perhaps that speaks more about you than it does about me, pretty sure I have a good grasp on the character. Anyway I'll have to watch it on dvd, the only thing that worked against Wonder Woman in this film was the frenetic tempo of that fight scene, this film is unfit for epileptics.

Well okay, she's a cut above Cap, that was hyperbole, I'll give you that. But saying her "complexity works against her sometimes" sounds like a real passive-aggressive, condescending way of calling me stupid, don't think I didn't notice that. If Wonder Woman is "complex" to you perhaps that speaks more about you than it does about me, pretty sure I have a good grasp on the character. Anyway I'll have to watch it on dvd, the only thing that worked against Wonder Woman in this film was the frenetic tempo of that fight scene, this film is unfit for epileptics.
    That's unfortunate, Pamp Lusa. The intent is not to call you--or anyone else--stupid. The complexity I'm talking about is the seeming duality or seeming paradoxical juxtapositions within WW's design that often lead to conclusions like the one you and other viewers may make based on the absence of somethings that might naturally be precluded or at least limited by her design. It's something that we see on the boards (particularly the battle boards) all the time with Wonder Woman. An example would be not seeing Wonder Woman say get shot and a poster concluding something other than there not having been an occasion where she was shot. But I don't think that makes anyone 'stupid' and nobody else's words can tell you about you. Even if I were of the disposition that they could I don't have anywhere near enough experiences with you to begin to know you.

It is regrettable that you've received my words in a negative way (particularly in such a hostile way). I wish it were not so. However, all I can do is assure you that there is no ill intent toward you. The rest is beyond my power.