Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by enish View Post
    It's true! But I feel like it would be too redundant if all the mysterious people use both magic and technology. It's something I didn't like in Thor, the fact that magic didn't seem to be that much important compared to the tech aspect. It didn't even seem to be magic to me.

For the Amazons, I'm a bit torn, because I liked Jimenez's version but I see something more in line with all their stuffs just blessed by the gods, with mystical properties in them, but I would not want magic to be like that of Constantine or Doctor Fate either.
    Well, the Dr. Strange movie will be coming out and we got Iron Fist introducing K'un L'un on Netflix, so we'll have a few purely mystical or magical societies to balance it out.

With Atlantis and Themyscira, it will depend on how they're depicted. Maybe Atlantis leans more towards science, while Themyscira leans more towards magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    With Atlantis and Themyscira, it will depend on how they're depicted. Maybe Atlantis leans more towards science, while Themyscira leans more towards magic.
    I'd actually prefer the other way around ... I liked the Amazon's as scientific minds, would be cool to see them integrate magic into their science rather than integrate science into magic.

Hi, a lot of people responded back to me, so first thanks for that. I'm not real good at quoting other posts, but will try to respond with my opinions.

First I want to make one thing clear from the beginning. If it was coming off as I was saying that I blame Wonder Woman for World War II or the casualties involved in it, then that was not what I was trying to say. In no way shape or form could I blame her for all of that. My concern was the concept that she had given up on mankind so much that she wouldn't even get involved in a blatant evil. This wasn't a political war fighting over territories, the Holocaust part of the war was directly about genocide. If Diana was made aware of that, and was standing on the beaches of Paradise Island, and shrugged her shoulders and said something along the lines of "That's what men do," or "they'll never learn," or those types of messages, to me, personally, that's less heroic.

If she was involved in the war as just a nurse, or as some other type of less direct combat, then I'd be greatly relieved. Though it's not necessarily what I would have gone with, she is doing something about it. Even when the character was active during WWII in the comics she didn't stop the entire Holocaust nor even the war. The point was though, she was making a difference.

The concept that she wouldn't know about it is pretty tricky when she could give the exact whereabouts of a sword that was sold on the black market. WWII was probably the biggest news story of the 20th Century, so not getting wind of it would be difficult (granted knowing about WWII and knowing about the Holocaust aren't the same thing.))

The concept of the Nazis having the Spear of Destiny or other magical type artifacts would make it more likely for her to be there, as she'd want them back on in the proper hands.

WWI was a war that had a obvious villain, was in Europe, led by a group of Nazis that cared about mystical artifacts, that was bent on slaughtering an entire group of people, and destroying cultures. Again,if there were ever a time a character like Diana would get involved, that to me would be more pressing an issue then the Doomsday fight.

Obviously we don't know what is going to happen in her movie. Maybe it will be explained, and there will be legitimate reasons, but, what I was trying to display is that if, even after all the atrocities she has seen, if she is made aware of how bad WWII actually was, and just shrugs her shoulders and says "Let them kill each other,it doesn't concern me," then that,I will have a problem with. If anything it's over generalizing the entire planet. Are there men who act with violence and are neanderthals, yes. But not all men, women and children. Hopefully she will be a nurse or spy, or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    This...this just made me smile sooooooo much

Very spoilerific, tho', so you've been warned!

http://www.vox.com/2016/3/29/1132312...n-wonder-woman
    OMG this made my day! I'm going to chuckle of hours ... thank you for sharing!

I just realized that if WW hadn't disarmed Doomsday, Superman would have survived.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    I just realized that if WW hadn't disarmed Doomsday, Superman would have survived.
    Well...not exactly.

If Superman had thrown the spear, or handed the spear to WW, or done something intelligent with it, he would have survived...

Mighty Member

Well...not exactly.

If Superman had thrown the spear, or handed the spear to WW, or done something intelligent with it, he would have survived...

well diana's hands were full and throwing it was kinda a non option seeing as he couldnt even fully pierce dd body with his full muscle behind it

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyWWfan View Post
    Hi, a lot of people responded back to me, so first thanks for that. I'm not real good at quoting other posts, but will try to respond with my opinions.

First I want to make one thing clear from the beginning. If it was coming off as I was saying that I blame Wonder Woman for World War II or the casualties involved in it, then that was not what I was trying to say. In no way shape or form could I blame her for all of that. My concern was the concept that she had given up on mankind so much that she wouldn't even get involved in a blatant evil. This wasn't a political war fighting over territories, the Holocaust part of the war was directly about genocide. If Diana was made aware of that, and was standing on the beaches of Paradise Island, and shrugged her shoulders and said something along the lines of "That's what men do," or "they'll never learn," or those types of messages, to me, personally, that's less heroic.

If she was involved in the war as just a nurse, or as some other type of less direct combat, then I'd be greatly relieved. Though it's not necessarily what I would have gone with, she is doing something about it. Even when the character was active during WWII in the comics she didn't stop the entire Holocaust nor even the war. The point was though, she was making a difference.

The concept that she wouldn't know about it is pretty tricky when she could give the exact whereabouts of a sword that was sold on the black market. WWII was probably the biggest news story of the 20th Century, so not getting wind of it would be difficult (granted knowing about WWII and knowing about the Holocaust aren't the same thing.))

The concept of the Nazis having the Spear of Destiny or other magical type artifacts would make it more likely for her to be there, as she'd want them back on in the proper hands.

WWI was a war that had a obvious villain, was in Europe, led by a group of Nazis that cared about mystical artifacts, that was bent on slaughtering an entire group of people, and destroying cultures. Again,if there were ever a time a character like Diana would get involved, that to me would be more pressing an issue then the Doomsday fight.

Obviously we don't know what is going to happen in her movie. Maybe it will be explained, and there will be legitimate reasons, but, what I was trying to display is that if, even after all the atrocities she has seen, if she is made aware of how bad WWII actually was, and just shrugs her shoulders and says "Let them kill each other,it doesn't concern me," then that,I will have a problem with. If anything it's over generalizing the entire planet. Are there men who act with violence and are neanderthals, yes. But not all men, women and children. Hopefully she will be a nurse or spy, or something along those lines.
    sorry for assuming that you meant that she was the fault of ww2 i think im a bit on edge with the constant criticism of everything dceu related since mos which again is totally my fault. i think more than likely she never got wind of it and was probably on themyscira after ww1 ended since she said she left humanity for a century.
    i personally wouldnt look down on her for it if she did decide to do anything but i guess thats just me.

Incredible Member

If Superman hadn't picked up a poisonous (to him) spear and decided to fly it straight into Doomsday (instead of throwing it from a distance using his great, albeit reduced, strength), then Superman would have survived.

If the writers hadn't come up with such a contrived scenario to kill of Superman for ... "reasons", despite his confirmed presence in Justice League, then Superman would have survived.

If the Kryptonian ships had better security, which didn't allow a human to take control and to authorised prohibited scientific experiments, then Superman would have survived. If Batman had been more reasonable and listened to Superman instead of being so easily manipulated by Lex Luthor, then Superman would have survived (on the basis that he would have reached the Kryptonian ship and stopped the experiment before Doomsday was awoken / released).

BANNED

Well...not exactly.

Agreed. That fight was one of my biggest complaints about the movie.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Well...not exactly.

Kind of difficult to plan out that scenario when they weren't standing together and everything is so chaotic, isn't it Diana was kind of busy at the moment also.

Besides, Supes isn't the type to ask anyone else to take the risk if he can do it himself.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Kind of difficult to plan out that scenario when they weren't standing together and everything is so chaotic, isn't it Diana was kind of busy at the moment also.

Besides, Supes isn't the type to ask anyone else to take the risk if he can do it himself.
    What risk to ask the person who is not weak as a kitten and who is clearly well-versed in melee combat weapons to either throw it or wield it as he clearly was in no shape to do?

"Take this while I hold the rope!!"

Mighty Member

What risk to ask the person who is not weak as a kitten and who is clearly well-versed in melee combat weapons to either throw it or wield it as he clearly was in no shape to do?

"Take this while I hold the rope!!"
    Her hands were full trying to hold on to the lasso

BANNED

I dont think any of the three heroes suspected Doomsday could regrow entire limbs

We can also say that Superman died because of WW, since it is her slicing his hand that made DD regrow it!

Anyway, it's safe to say that it is their combined abilities that allowed their victory.
    Wonder Woman could not have shone more because the idea was to have Superman sacrifice himself for the sake of mankind...It was not her time to be the heroine.