Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

So who makes the big blast? Is it Diana, Doomsy, or a combo of both?
    Richard Alexander

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

I have noticed that no one has answered if Diana's lasso of truth is actually a lasso of truth.

My guess is that it is actually nothing more than a rope in the film, albeit one that glows apparently.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    I have noticed that no one has answered if Diana's lasso of truth is actually a lasso of truth.

My guess is that it is actually nothing more than a rope in the film, albeit one that glows apparently.
    It probably wasn't important given that this isn't the Wonder Woman film.

Amazing Member

I wonder how much screen time she will get in the movie in comparison to Bats and Supes?

She looks quite fierce in some of the shots - hopefully she won't be the semi-damsel in distress in the movie or treated as one.

Quote Originally Posted by icantstandthisindecision View Post
    It probably wasn't important given that this isn't the Wonder Woman film.
    And yet it is being hyped up as Wonder Woman's first moment on a movie screen as well as the hype in general on these comic book boards.

I know some here will definitely go overboard in praising the prescence of Wonder Woman in this movie, even if they look back and reflect on the movie and consider it to be average.

To be honest, I expect great action scenes from her, and that is because that is probably the one thing that Zack Synder does well, and that is action. But that doesn't mean the rest of her character comes across as great, action aside. I already don't like the fact that her shield and sword are first and foremost when you now consider her character.

Disclaimer, haven't seen the movie yet, so alot of conjecture from me at this point. I will go in with lowered expectations and hopefully be pleasantly surprised at what I see.

And yet it is being hyped up as Wonder Woman's first moment on a movie screen as well as the hype in general on these comic book boards.

I know some here will definitely go overboard in praising the prescence of Wonder Woman in this movie, even if they look back and reflect on the movie and consider it to be average.

To be honest, I expect great action scenes from her, and that is because that is probably the one thing that Zack Synder does well, and that is action. But that doesn't mean the rest of her character comes across as great, action aside. I already don't like the fact that her shield and sword are first and foremost when you now consider her character.

Disclaimer, haven't seen the movie yet, so alot of conjecture from me at this point. I will go in with lowered expectations and hopefully be pleasantly surprised at what I see.
    http://screenrant.com/wonder-woman-powers-solo-movie/

Wonder Woman’s Full Powers Being Saved For Her Solo Movie

In a recent interview with Batman V Superman producer Deborah Snyder conducted by Collider (featured in the video seen above), it was revealed that most of Wonder Woman’s specific and colorful array of special abilities and character traits will be seen later on in director Patty Jenkins solo film for the character. As far as what fans of the Amazonian super-heroine can expect to see in the theater in Batman V Superman, Deborah Snyder stated:

“I think that Zack and Geoff Johns sat down and outlined these stories, many of them at least. Really, we did a chart with what their powers were, like what Superman’s powers were, and I think you see a little bit of Wonder Woman. So we get a sense of her power but we didn’t want to do too much because obviously Patty’s going to build up to that and we’re going to learn how she discovers her powers in that movie.”
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    http://screenrant.com/wonder-woman-powers-solo-movie/

Wonder Woman’s Full Powers Being Saved For Her Solo Movie

In a recent interview with Batman V Superman producer Deborah Snyder conducted by Collider (featured in the video seen above), it was revealed that most of Wonder Woman’s specific and colorful array of special abilities and character traits will be seen later on in director Patty Jenkins solo film for the character. As far as what fans of the Amazonian super-heroine can expect to see in the theater in Batman V Superman, Deborah Snyder stated:

“I think that Zack and Geoff Johns sat down and outlined these stories, many of them at least. Really, we did a chart with what their powers were, like what Superman’s powers were, and I think you see a little bit of Wonder Woman. So we get a sense of her power but we didn’t want to do too much because obviously Patty’s going to build up to that and we’re going to learn how she discovers her powers in that movie.”
    I am not too sure how many more of these 'powers' of hers we will see in her movie. Since she can't fly, we won't be seeing her fly in her solo movie since that is supposed to be set before the events of BvS.

We see her riding her horse as fast as she can (from the looks of it) in the small featurette they have shown. You would think she could outrun a horse, no problem, especially if she needed to be someplace fast as was implied in the featurette.

So, what are these other powers they are referring to? That the lasso actually gets used as a lasso of truth? That she doesn't need a sword and shield and instead uses her bracelets? Or maybe they are of the swiss-army cuff variety from the Azz run?

As far as I know, she uses her strength, Hulk like leaps and martial ability in the BvS film. How many more powers is there for them to show us?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...es-survey-says

Deadline reports that 88% of moviegoers cited Wonder Woman's film debut as a reason they were excited to see "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice."
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

BANNED

I am not too sure how many more of these 'powers' of hers we will see in her movie. Since she can't fly, we won't be seeing her fly in her solo movie since that is supposed to be set before the events of BvS.

We see her riding her horse as fast as she can (from the looks of it) in the small featurette they have shown. You would think she could outrun a horse, no problem, especially if she needed to be someplace fast as was implied in the featurette.

So, what are these other powers they are referring to? That the lasso actually gets used as a lasso of truth? That she doesn't need a sword and shield and instead uses her bracelets? Or maybe they are of the swiss-army cuff variety from the Azz run?

As far as I know, she uses her strength, Hulk like leaps and martial ability in the BvS film. How many more powers is there for them to show us?
    Very valid questions. I am wondering the same myself. I don't want to sound pessimistic but I don't have high hopes for her film to depict all of her powers. But we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    Everything is so frenetically shot in the battle scene, so fast-paced, it's literally blink and miss something. She uses her bracers twice, I think, and the second time it's clear that smashing the bracers together creates a protective shockwave that repels the enemy. I saw a second screening last night and it's amazing how much WW action I missed the first time around. She punches a car out of the way at one point, or at least I think she did. I'm going a third time this Saturday and will focus on her battle choreography even more.
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

BvS doesn't address if the lasso can make someone tell the truth. She used it to successfully restrain Doomsday. It magically glowed when in use and extended to great lengths. I'm sure we'll find out in the solo exactly what the lasso can do, as well as finding out WW's full power set.
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by top carnivore View Post
    everything is so frenetically shot in the battle scene, so fast-paced, it's literally blink and miss something. She uses her bracers twice, i think, and the second time it's clear that smashing the bracers together creates a protective shockwave that repels the enemy. I saw a second screening last night and it's amazing how much ww action i missed the first time around. She punches a car out of the way at one point, or at least i think she did. I'm going a third time this saturday and will focus on her battle choreography even more.

WOOHOO I AM SO PUMPED. Fanboying over here!

BANNED

So I've watched it and I can honestly say I wouldn't mind an entire movie of Gal/Diana being elusive around Batfleck.

Also, there is a scene in the movie that really does seem to drop an anvil on Bruce... when he sees a photo of Diana dated 1918.

Regarding the fight; a very good showing from Diana all things considered. Yes the sword is the primary tool... but let me just say it's a damn bit more effective than Superman's punching. And she does get the lasso out eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    They both make them. Doomsday 'erupts' every time he evolves (which is one of the cases from the shot in the trailer). Diana however also has a shockwave from banging her bracelets together, but they aren't pushing over neighborhoods and appear to be mostly sound... in that sense, it's much like Hulk's 'Thunderclap'.

So in a way, we are both right. Back-padding to everyone

Incredible Member

I'll try to answer all of the most recent questions.

spoilers:

Re: Speed. Pretty quick. Inhumanly quick, but not super-speed from memory. I guess maybe absolute peak speed for a human. But, there probably wasn't any cause for Wonder Woman to be super-quick during the final battle. So, it's entirely possible that she does have super-speed, but didn't have cause to use it.

Re: Lasso. No mention of it's properties / abilities. It's on her hip for 99% of the fight and is only used in the epic conclusion to hold Doomsday in place which allows Batman and Superman to make their contributions to ending the battle. The fact that it glows, appears to lengthen as necessary and is capable of reigning in Doomsday indicates that it is something magical, but no special mention is made of the lasso.

Re: Big blast. Doomsday. There's some weird thing where Doomsday "explodes" to regenerate himself (or something). But, Wonder Woman does make a concussive blast by banging her bracelets together. The force of that blast is unclear as it's in the final battle wasteland AFTER Doomsday has already destroyed everything, so there wasn't anything left for Wonder Woman's blast to destroy. It doesn't appear as big or powerful as Doomsday's blasts, but I still think it's a pretty cool and unique power for Wonder Woman and further reinforces that her bracelets are magical artefacts.

Re: Screen time. Pretty minimal. Three main scenes, which have all been shown in the trailers - event with Lex, Clark and Bruce, event with Bruce and final battle. There are three other very small scenes in a hotel lobby, a hotel room and a plane. But, when she's on screen, she shines bright like a diamond in the otherwise rough of this film.

Re: Powers. Not much more than what has been revealed in the trailers is shown. The bracelets are definitely magical. They can repel / absorb Doomsday's heat vision. The sword and shield also appear to be magical since the shield can also repel / absorb Doomsday's heat vision and the sword is capable of cutting Doomsday's flesh (i.e. predominantly Kryptonian flesh). The sword is also inadvertently used by Doomsday to hurt a Kryptonite-weakened Superman. It's possible that the armour and weapons appear "magically" since Wonder Woman leaves a plane with a very small bag (i.e. too small to fit her shield, etc) before appearing at the final battle in her Wonder Woman attire. Also, it's possible that Wonder Woman can fly as she "drops" into the final battle, which is on a somewhat isolated island, from above. Or, she could have made a huge leap (i.e. akin to the Hulk's giant leaps). Or she could have glided on air currents, dropped from an invisible jet or a hired helicopter. I'm guessing that it was a giant leap from the mainland, but it was presumably left open-ended.

In terms of strength and endurance, she seemed to be equal to Superman, without his weakness to Kryptonite. Despite going toe-to-toe with Doomsday, Wonder Woman was completely unfazed. No bruising, no blood, no tiredness and no sign of her even being sore after being hit multiple times by Doomsday.

History: Diana appears dismissive of Lex's recitation of a Greek myth about Prometheus and Zeus, which suggests that she knows the truth about what actually happened. A photo from her adventures in WW1 appears. Diana mentions fighting monsters from other worlds before (although whether she's referring to the Greek underworld, Atlanteans or true "alien" monsters is unclear). I don't think we learn much more about her. Diana is fully competent in all manner of modern-day living (e.g. cars, fashion, technology, etc), but she's doesn't appear to have a support network in man's world or access to suitable contacts as she's unable to decrypt some protected computer files. Diana is also clearly independently wealthy, although not wealthy enough to fly in a private jet (but she was flying first class). And Diana appears to have some interest in historical artefacts, presumably as part of her cover as an antiquities dealer although her civilian occupation was never mentioned.

end of spoilers
    Last edited by Agent 86; 03-23-2016 at 08:07 PM.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Seems WW was the only thing Snyder did get right. Kudos.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.