Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

If anything Snyder could be a great villain in a Crisis Of The DC Cinematic Universe film.

Oh god, I've just realized the movie is only 10% away from Sucker Punch
    Last edited by kidhero1000; 03-24-2016 at 12:09 AM.

Spectacular Member

Wonder Woman was definitely my fave part. Wow, I love Gal.

She was great when she was just Diana, but when she put on her whole costume for the big appearance. Wow.

It was amusing too as it looked like when she got knocked on the ground she thought it was funny, like it was nothing to her.

So good to see her Lasso being used as I was thinking she was just going to make use of sword and shield.

Oh and whilst I didn't grab everything that was said, I did catch that Lex was talking about Zeus and she was listening like she found it a bit amusing too, which I thought was cool to see, since she knows about the real Zeus yet lex was just talking as though he's just a legend.

Amazing Member

My fear is that the DCEU might be an entire Snyder pipe dream - something that looks good in trailers but is ass in reality.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    I have noticed that no one has answered if Diana's lasso of truth is actually a lasso of truth.

My guess is that it is actually nothing more than a rope in the film, albeit one that glows apparently.
    Right...nothing more than a rope...that can seemingly withstand (and restrain) the strength of a Kryptonian supermonster that's like 15 feet tall.

i loved the scene where spoilers:
    WW smile after getting knocked down by Doomsday
    end of spoilers.

After seeing it a second time, I'm able to add some more to what has already been said

spoilers:

Speed: She does have super-speed. In the shots where Doomsday hits her shield that propels her to the wall of the pit-like thing we see in the trailer, after she quickly recovers from it, you can clearly see that there is some blurring and sound effect that suggests super-speed akin to that of Superman's.

Flight/WonderJump: The movies stays very vague about it, but she does fall from the sky just in time to save Batman from Doomsday's laser attack. At least, the movie doesn't state that she does not fly, all we see is that she leaps.

Strength: They did not really showcase her strength the way they showcased Superman's, BUT there is a tag team sequence bewteen WW and Supes where Diana propels Doomsday with her shield, with only one arm and it seems that she did it pretty easily. Superman catches Doomsday and throws him on the ground.
    I think her strength level is implied by how she really held her own and handled Doomsday's hits and that's when DD already got powered up several times. Of course she quickly became overpowered by Doomsday, but at that time, Superman did not fare better (and that's a Superman that just got a Sun bath in space) since he kep being thrown away by Doomsday. And Doomsday throws a car at her and she just dealt with it without any problems.
    She also stops one of DD's punch with her sword, with one hand and pretty much held herself with no sign of struggle and that's when she was able to cut his right hand.

I think she's pretty equal to Superman in terms of strengh, durability and stamina and I think even in speed.

Lasso: Nothing more to add here, it glows and streches to greater lengths. Held Doomsday who could not free himself from it. WW pretty much is the reason why they were able to defeat him, if it were not for her, Sups and Bats would have died.

I think holding somebody with a piece of rope in distance requires more sterngth than with bare hands because there's much more instability I guess. Same goes for carrying someting with your bare hands and trying to carry the same thing with the same weight at the end of a rope: it will be harder and seem heavier.

The bracers: They clearly are magical, in some way. There is a sound effect when she uses them, sounded very mechanical to me. She used the shockwave attack twice, but the second time it almost had no effect to Doomsday because he had already evolved by adapting to the attacks.

Diana never punched Doomsday, I think that was a clever move since she's the one to say that it feels like DD is feeding on energy, and super-punches create lots of energy. She tried to attack DD strategically by cutting tendons of one of his legs. I guess she knew they would not have been able to defeat him with raw strength.

It's important to note that in the beggining of the fight, Doomsday was already powered up because of the nuke attack. So yeah, Batman really was out of his league here, and this battle really is a good showing for both WW and Supes in terms of powerlevel.

end of spoilers
    Last edited by enish; 03-25-2016 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by enish View Post
    After seeing it a second time, I'm able to add some more to what has already been said

spoilers:

Speed: She does have super-speed. In the shots where Doomsday hits her shield that propels her to the wall of the pit-like thing we see in the trailer, after she quickly recovers from it, you can clearly see that there is some blurring and sound effect that suggests super-speed akin to that of Superman's.

Flight/WonderJump: The movies stays very vague about it, but she does fall from the sky just in time to save Batman from Doomsday's laser attack. At least, the movies doesn't state that she does not fly, all we see is that she leaps.

Strength: They did not really showcased her strength the way they showcased Superman's, BUT there is a tag team sequence bewteen WW and Supes where Diana propels Doomsday with her shield, with only one arm and it seems that she did it pretty easily. Superman catches Doomsday and throws him on the ground.
    I think her strength level is implied by how she really held her own and handled Doomsday's hits and that's when DD already got powered up several times. Of course she quickly became overpowered by Doomsday, but at that time, Superman did not fare better (and that's a Superman that just got a Sun bath in space) since he kep being thrown away by Doomsday. And Doomsday throws a car at her and she just dealt with it without any problems.
    She also stops one of DD's punch with her sword, with one hand and pretty much held herself with no sign of struggle and that's when she was able to cut his right hand.

I think she's pretty equal to Superman in terms of strengh, durability and stamina and I think even in speed.

Lasso: Nothing more to add here, it glows and streches to greater lengths. Held Doomsday who could not free himself from it. WW pretty much is the reason why they were able to defeat him, if it were not for her, Sups and Bats would have died.

I think holding somebody with a piece of rope in distance requires more sterngth than with bare hands because there's much more instability I guess. Same goes for carrying someting with your bare hands and trying to carry the same thing with the same weight at the end of a rope: it will be harder and seem heavier.

The bracers: They clearly are magical, in some way. There is a sound effect when she uses them, sounded very mechanical to me. She used the shockwave attack twice, but the second time it almost had no effect to Doomsday because he had already evolved by adapting to the attacks.

Diana never punched Doomsday, I think that was a clever move since she's the one to say that it feels like DD is feeding on energy, and super-punches create lots of energy. She tried to attack DD strategically by cutting tendons of one of his lefs. I guess she knew they would not have been able to defeat him with raw strength.

It's important to note that in the beggining of the fight, Doomsday was already powered up because of the nuke attack. So yeah, Batman really was out of his league here, and this battle really is a good showing for both WW and Supes in terms of powerlevel.

end of spoilers
    Yes. Though I would add that

spoilers:
    she seems to hover and glide in the air....a lot...in the fight with DD....I took it as flying...but yeah, not 100% sure.

Bats and Supes would have been dead without her for sure. Though I can't say the same would be true vice versa.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 03-25-2016 at 07:43 AM.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Ultimate Member

spoilers:
    I think that the whole "not being clear about the lasso of truth" thing might be because, well that particular ability would be pretty useless against a mindless rampaging monster like Doomsday.
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Gadot did a great job playing this role.

The one thing I wasn't sure about was whether or not the bracers caused a shockwave, or if she absorbed the power from Doomsday's blast and then released it by smashing the bracelets together.

Either way? Just got back from seeing it and I'm a very happy puppy. She's powerful, she's smart (outfoxes Bruce at one point) and has some great combat moves and some very well done scenes with Bruce. I would have liked to see her spend more time out of combat with Clark (They don't share any screen time out of costume).

Can't wait to see her...i mean see the movie ... again!

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Is it necessary to tag spoilers? Since the heading has it?
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Predator JP View Post
    i loved the scene where spoilers:
    WW smile after getting knocked down by Doomsday
    end of spoilers.
    Evidently that was Gal Gadot's choice and not a direction from Zack Snyder: http://zap2it.com/2016/03/gal-gadot-...-than-spinoff/

It was an EXCELLENT choice!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    The one thing I wasn't sure about was whether or not the bracers caused a shockwave, or if she absorbed the power from Doomsday's blast and then released it by smashing the bracelets together.

Either way? Just got back from seeing it and I'm a very happy puppy. She's powerful, she's smart (outfoxes Bruce at one point) and has some great combat moves and some very well done scenes with Bruce. I would have liked to see her spend more time out of combat with Clark (They don't share any screen time out of costume).

Can't wait to see her...i mean see the movie ... again!
    Glad you enjoyed it and gave the DCEU WW the Gaelforce stamp of approval!
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NYCER View Post
    Evidently that was Gal Gadot's choice and not a direction from Zack Snyder: http://zap2it.com/2016/03/gal-gadot-...-than-spinoff/

It was an EXCELLENT choice!
    Heh. Sounds like most of the actors did their own direction, Jesse apparently did this a lot too.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Heh. Sounds like most of the actors did their own direction, Jesse apparently did this a lot too.
    He probably should have dialed Jesse way back in some scenes.

Love that Gal threw the smile in. I think Johns said he loved it too in one interview. Really, I think we can all agree that the cast isn't an issue here with the DCEU.