Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Just got back from my second viewing. I think this movie will lead me to a mental apocalypse, because I'm just all over the place with it. I liked it a little more this time. My opinion on Diana hasn't changed though, as she is AWESOME and I'm so glad Gadot is silencing the haters almost across the board.

Actually, I think this film really deserves major kudos for having four distinct female characters: Lois, Diana, Martha and Senator Finch. And even placing more emphasis on Martha Wayne instead of Thomas for a change. Two of them are even in their 50s! The DCEU is really shaping up to be pretty awesome in that regard. Can't wait till we get to Hippolyta, the aunts, Mera, Waller, Harley and Enchantress now, along with who knows who else.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Just got back from my second viewing. I think this movie will lead me to a mental apocalypse, because I'm just all over the place with it. I liked it a little more this time. My opinion on Diana hasn't changed though, as she is AWESOME and I'm so glad Gadot is silencing the haters almost across the board.

Actually, I think this film really deserves major kudos for having four distinct female characters: Lois, Diana, Martha and Senator Finch. And even placing more emphasis on Martha Wayne instead of Thomas for a change. Two of them are even in their 50s! The DCEU is really shaping up to be pretty awesome in that regard. Can't wait till we get to Hippolyta, the aunts, Mera, Waller, Harley and Enchantress now, along with who knows who else.
    It was nice to see so many women but sadly they were either killed or used as bait, except for Diana. So, one step forward, two steps back.

Incredible Member

Really enjoyed the WW scenes and Gal Gadot portrayal as the warrior goddess. They should have just titled the movie: Justice League: Trinity.

All-New Member

It was certainly not the worst movie ive shoved money out for, but it could have been a lot better. Not even necessarily in ways that require a master of craft, just someone with a better grip on telling a story. It was too long and I feel like Lois' storyline could have been simplified for the better of the story. Diana on the other hand could have had much more time to better express whats going on in her life.

WW's fight was the best part of the movie and once ive finished up with test and working doubles, I will be getting her theme for my phone.

Costume looked great, though I wish the piece over her crotch was a bit longer to prevent it from looking like a ...well, crotch flap. Gadot does leave room for improvement as far as her acting, but she;s sold me on her for WW so.. (:

All-New Member

That blast was Doomsday releasing an energy blast.

I LOVED the part when Superman says "....he (referring to Doomsday), is from my world", and Wonder Woman draws her sword and says "...I have killed things from other worlds before", and she leaps into action. Then the scene where Doomsday knocks her down and she just smiles and gets back up grabbing her sword as if she was thinking "YES!!!!!!....a worthy adversary!". I loved her!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    So who makes the big blast? Is it Diana, Doomsy, or a combo of both?

Quote Originally Posted by Pamp_Lusa View Post
    Well okay, she's a cut above Cap, that was hyperbole, I'll give you that. But saying her "complexity works against her sometimes" sounds like a real passive-aggressive, condescending way of calling me stupid, don't think I didn't notice that. If Wonder Woman is "complex" to you perhaps that speaks more about you than it does about me, pretty sure I have a good grasp on the character. Anyway I'll have to watch it on dvd, the only thing that worked against Wonder Woman in this film was the frenetic tempo of that fight scene, this film is unfit for epileptics.
    Captain America would be hiding under the rubble with Batman during the third act of BvS.

Can someone please remind me where the hell Wonder Woman was in that horrific DEATH OF SUPERMAN arc from 1992/1993?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCER View Post
    Captain America would be hiding under the rubble with Batman during the third act of BvS.

Can someone please remind me where the hell Wonder Woman was in that horrific DEATH OF SUPERMAN arc from 1992/1993?
    If I remember correctly (and at my age, there is a distinct possibility that I do not ), that was during her space pirate days - she was not involved in any of the fighting because she was off planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    If I remember correctly (and at my age, there is a distinct possibility that I do not ), that was during her space pirate days - she was not involved in any of the fighting because she was off planet.
    Yup, she was in Space.
    Richard Alexander

She was in an uncharted part of the universe so far away there was no GL or Darkstar presence

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spark627 View Post
    It was nice to see so many women but sadly they were either killed or used as bait, except for Diana. So, one step forward, two steps back.
    I can see your point in the cases of Ma Kent getting kidnapped and the unfortunate and wasteful loss of a certain character, but Lois's journalism played an important part in the plot despite her damsel in distress moments. She comes across as incredibly brave here, especially with the fact that she's just a civilian. I really loved Finch too, she was an antagonistic figure towards Superman, but she knew Lex was no good almost instantly and wouldn't play his games. I think she would have also disapproved of Bruce's methods, and she certainly didn't seem to dehumanize Clark to the degree Bruce (initially) did, if at all. She was pretty layered for a supporting character, especially an older woman in a big superhero franchise movie.

But yeah, Diana is MVP. For once, it seems WW fans don't have anything to complain about. Admittedly, I'm a bit surprised we're not getting more complaints about her going by "Diana Prince."

I'm so glad they didn't screw her up. When she got to the fight I saw people readjusting in their seats, like ohhhh sh!t. Buy me a ticket for a Wonder Woman movie tomorrow.

BANNED

I can see your point in the cases of Ma Kent getting kidnapped and the unfortunate and wasteful loss of a certain character, but Lois's journalism played an important part in the plot despite her damsel in distress moments.
    But in all fairness, that's kinda one of the things she is best known for; she gets in a pickle and Superman swoops in to unpickle her.

I couldn't even cheer with the rest of the crowd when WW hopped in to save Batman from Doomsday, because my brain just couldn't process it. The whole I was thinking, "Is this really happening?" Then when she jumped into battle to fudge Doomsday up, I had the biggest smile on my face. I also love the fact that she was smiled during one part of the fight. Perfect way to contrast her with the other guys who are taking it so seriously. Plus, it was Gadot's idea to grin, too.

Actually, I think this film really deserves major kudos for having four distinct female characters: Lois, Diana, Martha and Senator Finch. And even placing more emphasis on Martha Wayne instead of Thomas for a change. Two of them are even in their 50s!
    This was the part that pleasantly surprised me. One of my main complaints of the film is that while I was shocked that Lois and Finch had more to do than I initially thought they would, I wanted to see them do even more.

It was a decent first step in having multiple female characters with varying levels of plot relevance and screen time, but, there's always room to improve. As more movies are added to the DC Cinematic Universe, hopefully, we'll see even more nuanced portrayals of all types of female characters.

The DCEU is really shaping up to be pretty awesome in that regard. Can't wait till we get to Hippolyta, the aunts, Mera, Waller, Harley and Enchantress now, along with who knows who else.
    Don't forget Etta (or her ancestor) and Katana. ^^

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    But in all fairness, that's kinda one of the things she is best known for; she gets in a pickle and Superman swoops in to unpickle her.
    Speaking of those, this film has what was for me the best one of those ever. Certainly it was the sexiest! I am speaking of the one after Lex's psychotic line.

Spectacular Member

I just realised this scene from the trailers wasn't in it. We didn't even see her wearing this.

Hopefully it's in the extended bluray.