Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Black Canary #9

Black Canary barely escaped the army of martial artists who abducted her to a mysterious battleground! Unfortunately, they've followed her right back to Gotham City...but Batgirl owes her a favor or two!

Full preview here.

Always Rakzo

As far as filler issues go I thought this was solid. Fun stuff with the Gotham City setting as well as the references of Dinah's past with Team 7.

About the art, Moritat's style is pretty appealing but pretty poor at storytelling, some scenes were weirdly depicted.

Have to agree about the art. Some individual pages/panels looked really great, but overall flow from panel to panel wasn't that good.

Spectacular Member

This was a super fun filler issue, I liked it a lot. Absolutely loved the art as a while, but yes a few of the panels transitioned awkwardly. I really enjoy this series as a whole, sad to see it go after rebirth.

Mixed feelings on this one. Parts were enjoyable, while other parts were lame / predictable. But the fact that it's breaking up an already delayed and disjointed story really don't help any. I almost would have rather have them skip this issue and eventually publish it sometime after the current run is done.

Questions

1. Why was this not the Canary/Batgirl issue that was promoted?
    2. Does this issue take place before issue 1 of Black Canary?
    3. Which member of Team 7 was this Valentine guy?, I read Team 7 and don't remember him. I even back tracked through my Team 7 and did not find anything on this guy.

I did enjoy the Team 7 bit in this issue though.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Knight View Post
    Questions

1. Why was this not the Canary/Batgirl issue that was promoted?
    Possibly because they've fallen so f#@&in' behind with this series and it has to wrap up quickly before Rebirth in June?

2. Does this issue take place before issue 1 of Black Canary?
    The comic says it's "a never-before-seen story of an unpublicized secret show from Black Canary's debut tour", so I don't know if that would be before, during, or what. But definitely towards the beginning of the run.

3. Which member of Team 7 was this Valentine guy?, I read Team 7 and don't remember him. I even back tracked through my Team 7 and did not find anything on this guy.
    No idea, but I never read either the Wildstorm nor the DC versions.