View Poll Results: Do you like the new Batsuit?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love it

43 53.09%
  • Hate it

38 46.91%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default New Batsuit: Love it or Hate it? (Poll)

The new suit in Batman #50 has been revealed. What are your thoughts?

I personally dislike it. I think it is overly complicated and unnessicary. It is not a suit you look at and think of as the Batman. The symbol just looks silly to me with the gold trim.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 03-23-2016 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Wanted to add, no neutral since it doesn't really add much. Sides are obviously oversimplified for clearer results.

Fantastic Member

I was thinking of making such a poll. I voted "Love it". My answer from another thread:
    I really like the new suit! I am not in love with the symbol, but I think it's nice and it will grow on me. As for the rest, it is everything I hoped for! Modern and streamlined, without unnecessary lines making it too busy for no good reason. I hope it stays for as long as the Lee one did. It's only fair!

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

The yellow/gold trim is just so jarring and radical and just horrible. Silly.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

for reference

LOVE IT

Not feeling it.

Although I like the inclusion of Gold in Batman's design, I don't like this perticular use of it...

I always felt DC should have stuck with the Batman Inc. design, personally - it really felt like classic Batman, but modernized.

For reference:

I like it
    Yellow/gold highlights on the cape would be good too

BANNED

It's ok... cape's inside is purple... this kind of gives Batman a more light hearted look, this is the only part i'm not digging. I hope they don't turn Batman in to something like Batgirl of Burnside. I like Batgirl of Burnside but i don't think that kind of light heartedness is for Batman.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Dislike. It's all the bad parts of the New 52 design with more problems. Whats the point of the yellow trim? It doesn't add anything because the suit is such a light grey. I like that they're going with a black belt but thats about it.

And with every redesign that drifts further from the classic all it does it draw attention to it not being the classic and thus not being permanent.
    Miller was right.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    Dislike. It's all the bad parts of the New 52 design with more problems. Whats the point of the yellow trim? It doesn't add anything because the suit is such a light grey. I like that they're going with a black belt but thats about it.

And with every redesign that drifts further from the classic all it does it draw attention to it not being the classic and thus not being permanent.
    I am not sure if the belt is supposed to be black with yellow highlights or dark yellow. If you look at Paquet's interpretation of the suit at the epilogue, it is dark yellow. I think both are fine, but I prefer it to be dark yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    Not feeling it.

Although I like the inclusion of Gold in Batman's design, I don't like this perticular use of it...

I always felt DC should have stuck with the Batman Inc. design, personally - it really felt like classic Batman, but modernized.
    I agree. While I prefer the blue with trunks classic, the Batman Inc is the closest they've come to the classic.

I really dislike the black belt with highlights of the new costume. I'm still deciding on the bat highlights.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

I'm a big fan of Capullo, but this suit was a swing and miss IMHO. I don't think it will last long. Also, the reveal panel is one of what I call Capullo's blank face panels...he has such detailed faces at times (look at the preceding panels of Gordon), but from time to time he does a panel like this where the face looks like a 40's comic strip. Maybe it is a conscious decision to put greater emphasis on the design, but it seems odd to me

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I feel ambivalent about the suit myself. I do like the yellow outline on the bat symbol, which could be taken as a nod to the yellow oval but I wish the suit itself was black instead of gray. The yellow would stand out more on a black suit and that would make the overall costume look better IMHO. This one just looks bland to me.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

I'm reading the issue as I type this and the new suit is awesome. Great job, Capullo!

Yellow trim instead of an unnecessary oval? Check

No more dumb lines by the bat symbol? Check

No more bat knee pads? Check

Love how the cape falls tight around his shoulders when Batman is at rest. Just good stuff right here.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Ok, I've read #50:

1) the suit does look better in action in #50....but has me wondering if only Capullo and really great artists can make it work long term

2) The epilogue by Yanick Paquette to #50 shows a COMPLETELY different all-yellow belt.....which is like..."well, which is it!?"
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-23-2016 at 10:16 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I feel ambivalent about the suit myself. I do like the yellow outline on the bat symbol, which could be taken as a nod to the yellow oval but I wish the suit itself was black instead of gray. The yellow would stand out more on a black suit and that would make the overall costume look better IMHO. This one just looks bland to me.
    That would basically be a male version of this:

And that would be totally awesome.

That era had some great looking costumes. Batman looked pretty damn spiffy:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Miller was right.