View Poll Results: Do you like the new Batsuit?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love it

43 53.09%
  • Hate it

38 46.91%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    The only part I really hate is the one part that's really a significant departure from previous recent designs, that's the cape. Can't stand it. With the cap basically attached at his shoulders, artists can no longer give us those iconic shots of Batman standing with his cape pulled forward over the front of his shoulders, totally enveloping his body. That's too big a part of the character's visual style to do away with, IMO.
    That very pose was achieved in the new costume's debut panel this week

image.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    That very pose was achieved in the new costume's debut panel this week

image.jpg
    Nope. Not what I was talking about.

First of all, it's a cheat. Capullo blacked out the front of his costume for effect, to delay the reveal. But since Batman is standing on top of a giant spotlight, we should actually be able to see every detail of his costume. Secondly, I wasn't talking about (or at least just about) scenes where he's hidden by shadows. You don't even need the cape for that. I was thinking about scenes where he's fully lit but the cape is slung forward over his shoulders, pulled together like a shroud, obscuring his body and giving him an air of mystery, even in light, because all you can really see is his impassive face. Jim Aparo and Norm Breygogle were particularly good at this. That can't be done with the new cape.

This is a partial example (only one side pulled forward).

Last edited by kalorama; 03-26-2016 at 09:08 PM.

Incredible Member

I actually... Really hate it.

The dome helmet is bad-- But in fairness, every artist outside Capullo seems to just change it back to normal, so shouldn't be much of an issue. But the lame gold trim on the symbol, and that belt? No thank you. As with the purple cape interior... No purple on Batman, please.

Oh, and how could I forget about that woeful cape attachment. Just ugly.
    Last edited by titansupes; 03-26-2016 at 11:39 PM.

I really dig the gold trim. I like it

Here's another look at the new Batmancostume, as rendered by one of his greatest artists:

image.jpg

Love it, I especially like the purple interior on the cape really makes it pop. New logo is cool, the gold trim isn't an issue for me.

Much prefer it to the New 52 costume.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Writing on the wall The Celtic Batman's Avatar

I haven't voted as I currently neither 'love' or 'hate' it. I'm intrigued by it. As a fan of the yellow oval I'm mostly intrigued by the yellow (/gold) trim. I agree with LRJ's post on page 1. I loved that version of the Inc costume.
    I also agree with the comments about the cape. That's the part of this new costume that I feel most negative about right now.
    If there was a middle option of 'intrigued' I'd have voted for that in this poll. Love/Hate duality not working for me on this one.

Just an opinion
    We're all the Doom Patrol!!!
    Opinions come in all shapes and sizes.
    But they're still just opinions yo

I'm not a fan of the belt or how the cape sits on the shoulders. I'm totally fine with the gold trim on the logo. Kind of a compromise between the yellow oval and the year one big bat symbol.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

The belt issue actually gets more absurd everyday. People should notice that like half the time it's black, the other half yellow.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Now that I've seen it done by a few different artists, it's really growing on me.

Still, slightly confusing that the cape/cowl is sometimes black and sometimes blue, and then there's the color-changing belt.