View Poll Results: Do you like the new Batsuit?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love it

43 53.09%
  • Hate it

38 46.91%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

New suit is just bad.

Fantastic Member

I don't mind the logo, but the belt are horrendous.

And I love the Batman Inc suit too!

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

My main thought is "well, that's new". And I mean exactly that: it's new. The first meaningfully new version of the basic Batman costume template since at least the early 2000s, in terms of the belt, the emblem and the color scheme. I don't love it - though I could see myself coming to with time as I get used to it - but it's a distinctly more sleek and superheroey look for him that still taps directly into the pulp aspects with the cape, which is an approach I'm in favor of. I'm honestly not certain if I like it, but I definitely don't dislike it, so I voted positively up above.

I definitely would've preferred it as a Dick Grayson Batman suit, though.
    Buh-bye

BANNED

It isn't new--it looks exactly like the suit from the Batman Unlimited films except black and grey instead of blue and grey. I personally love those movies so I love this suit. I just wish they could have made his cape and cowl dark blue.

I like the gloves and the boots, it's great to see those awful bat-shaped kneepads go into retirement, and the beige-ish tint to the suit works surprisingly well. The yellow outline around the bat symbol doesn't do it for me though, and the cowl is a bit too rounded. Still, the real test will be to see how other artists handle it.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

All-New Member

"Hate" is a strong word but I sure don't love it...

They should add more yellow and gold to the costume
    I love the yellow oval but it was only ever good when you had an all black batsuit and not black and grey.

The Claw of Justice!

I don't think I love it or hate it, but I think it looks pretty good when Capullo is drawing it. I don't know whether I'll like the design when other artists draw it, but it worked well for the tone of this book.

Spectacular Member Huntsman1117's Avatar

I like it. Its fresh, modern, edgy, but still somewhat simple. The gold trim appealing.

CA's breakdown of the new suit: http://comicsalliance.com/fashion-of...atman-costume/

I like the interior of the cape... some of the other elements are slowly growing on me.

BANNED

Honestly feel indifferent to it. Its refreshing I guess to see something new so if I had to pick in the either Yes/No category id probably side yes.

Well if there's one thing that DC is good at, its splitting the fanbase. 30-30 at the moment. lol

Team DD +++ BuckyNat Master Man's Avatar

I did originally vote Hate It but now that I've seen other artists' interpretation of it, I actually think it's alright now.
    Currently reading:
    - Gangsta.
    - Gangsta. Cursed
    - Tokyo Ghoul:re

Fantastic Member

It seems the new suit will stay after rebirth, with variations on the size of the yellow outline of the bat and the darkness of the belt, depending on who is the artist.

BANNED

The only part I really hate is the one part that's really a significant departure from previous recent designs, that's the cape. Can't stand it. With the cap basically attached at his shoulders, artists can no longer give us those iconic shots of Batman standing with his cape pulled forward over the front of his shoulders, totally enveloping his body. That's too big a part of the character's visual style to do away with, IMO.
    Last edited by kalorama; 03-26-2016 at 03:45 PM.