Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I like putting Genosha to rest for a bit, and the Savage Land is great nod to the past; but in no way is a isolated jungle with dinosaurs more integrated than an island off of Africa.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Loving this series and so happy this X-Men team is in the Savage Land! it is definitely my favorite location

Glad to see Savage Land back! Was afraid Weirdworld was taking its place!

Genosha: good riddance. It worked once, but every story since has been all gloom-and-doom.

The Savage Land: what's not to love?
    Top 6 Legionnaires: Wildfire, Timber Wolf, Polar Boy, Shadow Lass, Phantom Girl, Ultra Boy

Recent favorite books: Black Science, Five Ghosts, and LOW

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Where was everyone expecting the base of operations to be? I had no clue

I certainly wasn't expecting the Savage Land but I'm pleasantly surprised. The only other option would be another Asteroid M.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

in the savage land, magneto can begin to build new communities. there are plenty of inhabitants of the savage land, and some have been friendly to the x-men in the past. one of the fall people even has a child with colossus if i am not mistaken. and then there are the lizard people that storm's x-treme x-men aided a few years back.

perhaps with some time and bridge-building, magneto can build the true x-haven that the mutants deserve

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by All-New Valar Stercus NOW.1 View Post
    Only way to be sure.

The annihilation of Genosha 15 years ago always seemed like a huge waste to me. Magneto as ruler of a proxy of various real world rogue states was rife with storytelling possibilities.
    I feel the same way. Genosha itself was rife with storytelling strings to pull.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    in the savage land, magneto can begin to build new communities. there are plenty of inhabitants of the savage land, and some have been friendly to the x-men in the past. one of the fall people even has a child with colossus if i am not mistaken. and then there are the lizard people that storm's x-treme x-men aided a few years back.

perhaps with some time and bridge-building, magneto can build the true x-haven that the mutants deserve
    let us not forget the first true wolverine spawn:

Erista
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    I feel the same way. Genosha itself was rife with storytelling strings to pull.
    One of the things that's interesting about Magneto taking Genosha out permenantly and booting Triage to Storm's hideaway, though, is that it feels like he may be writing off the whole community building thing. It doesn't seem to work out for him (to put it mildly). He's on the offensive again, and these may be signs that it's not something he plans to turn away from once/if the Terrigen crisis ends.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Savage Land is so cool. Reminds me of Ultimate X-Men.
    I am just getting started reading that. I got up to 25, I think, but ordered the entire series and started over. Should be an interesting read!

Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar

Love both moves. Can't wait to see how things play out for a team based in the Savage Land! These next 4 to 11 issues before the series is cancelled due to another half-baked, company-wide event is going to be so great! ^_^
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Cool to be stationed in Savage Land. Gives a lot of story opportunities, I think.

Heel, maybe they will finally solve the whole Vertigo being in two places thing for once.

And, yes we did see it correctly, Ferris is back....!
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Kenozoic View Post
    Genosha: good riddance. It worked once, but every story since has been all gloom-and-doom.

The Savage Land: what's not to love?
    I kind of feel the same way. Pretty good issue.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    One of the things that's interesting about Magneto taking Genosha out permenantly and booting Triage to Storm's hideaway, though, is that it feels like he may be writing off the whole community building thing. It doesn't seem to work out for him (to put it mildly). He's on the offensive again, and these may be signs that it's not something he plans to turn away from once/if the Terrigen crisis ends.
    Yes i think the concept of Genosha had potential because outside influences could have stirred the pot. Suppose another mutant or group decided to use Genosha as a way to lead mutants a certain direction as opposed to what those residing there would view as paramount concerns. Issues such as natural resources, distribution of aid,social,political,and idealogical differences could have been good sub-plots that have not been explored yet in the books concerning a safe haven for mutants.