Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I wonder if we could see some Wildstorm properties in this Rebirth? Orlando's Midnighter could fit in really well. I'd also love Authority to be relaunched.

Spectacular Member

I'm stoked about whatever this Vertigo Rebirth could be. My top favorite comics are all those pre-Vertigo titles like Swamp Thing, Sandman, Shade, Doom Patrol and so on. If Vertigo returned to publishing those kinds of titles (DC characters explored in Vertigo fashion) that would be amazing. I'd take more Books of Magic, Kid Eternity, Scarab, Black Orchid, Hellblazer and Sandman stories any day.

Astonishing Member

China Mieville has already written like 7 issues of a Swamp Thing run.

Guys, c'mon. Just...c'mon.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post

How in the hell does stuff like this go unpublished? Cross your fingers and hopefully this will be one of the Rebirth Vertigo titles. A couple years ago I would've never thought there'd be any more of the vintage DC/Vertigo stuff seeing the light of day. But then Overture happened and Lucifer came back. Now give us Hellblazer (if not ongoing then OGNs that continue the series) and Tim Hunter and Shade the Changing Man and whoever you want to resurrect. I'll be on board all the way and you'll make me have to smuggle comics in the house without the wife having to find out. But it'll be worth it.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Honestly I would rather they keep stuff like the Doom Patrol in the regular DCU than slide it over to Vertigo again. Stuff like Lucifer sure but not mainstream DCU properitys.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tetragrammar View Post
    How in the hell does stuff like this go unpublished? Cross your fingers and hopefully this will be one of the Rebirth Vertigo titles. A couple years ago I would've never thought there'd be any more of the vintage DC/Vertigo stuff seeing the light of day. But then Overture happened and Lucifer came back. Now give us Hellblazer (if not ongoing then OGNs that continue the series) and Tim Hunter and Shade the Changing Man and whoever you want to resurrect. I'll be on board all the way and you'll make me have to smuggle comics in the house without the wife having to find out. But it'll be worth it.
    All the properties got moved to DC proper, and the editorial walls stayed raised. Scott Snyder expressing interest was probably a death knell, as well, as he was already exclusive, and quite hot (though not best-selling-ever Batman hot).

Anyway, it would be a shame for them not to be edited and published, and for China to finish his run. I know it would be remarkable and interesting and like nothing else.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post

Seems like some kind of cosmic joke that it hasn't been released yet. Jeezus.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatut Zeraze View Post
    Except, I don't really see how that would be different than what is being published under the regular DC banner. It's not as if regular DCU comics of the past 10 years have shied away from gory violence in any way. What would qualify as more "adult"? Boobs and f-bombs? Superheroes talking to their siblings about putting their parents into retirement communities?
    I think it runs deeper than that.
    Vertigo was also considered more "sophisticated" and cerebral, as opposed to DC proper.
    A mistake Marvel made twice when trying to copy Vertigo's success, with the 'Strange Tales' imprint and early Marvel MAX, was they didn't look below the surface.
    Being a Mature Readers comic helps because the writers have no restraints, but there needs to be something substantial underneath the hood, as well.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I think it runs deeper than that.
    Vertigo was also considered more "sophisticated" and cerebral, as opposed to DC proper.
    A mistake Marvel made twice when trying to copy Vertigo's success, with the 'Strange Tales' imprint and early Marvel MAX, was they didn't look below the surface.
    Being a Mature Readers comic helps because the writers have no restraints, but there needs to be something substantial underneath the hood, as well.
    I'm just skeptical that there is something that is worth exploring about folks like the Adrian Chase Vigilante or Deadshot that can't already be explored in the DCU proper. I'm not saying its completely impossible if the right rock-star creative team wants to go there, but I just don't see either one as the most likely candidate for a Vertigo title. Most attempts like that I can imagine come off in my head like the aforementioned Marvel MAX titles, and I think we agree that Vertigo has been and ought to better than that.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Honestly I would rather they keep stuff like the Doom Patrol in the regular DCU than slide it over to Vertigo again. Stuff like Lucifer sure but not mainstream DCU properitys.
    Why can't we have 2 different versions?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wally West View Post
    Why can't we have 2 different versions?
    If it worked sure but it never seems to work. They always end up getting blurred together.