Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Wonder Woman's Debut a Primary Draw for "Batman v Superman" Audiences, Survey Says

According to a Fandango survey, 88% of moviegoers cited Wonder Woman's film debut as a reason they were excited to see the film.

Full article here.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Well, Wonder Woman was the only reason I'd have potentially watched this movie, but, considering that she barely seems to be in it, I'll wait for Redbox. I'm still extremely interested in her solo film: I just hope they gave Patty Jenkins the leeway to make the movie her own and not just be an extension of Snyder.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

I was initially only interested in Batman in this, because Bats was my favourite DC character*, but I've pretty much lost interest and would now only watch it on free-to-air TV for the sake of seeing Wonder Woman. I wasn't particularly on-board for BVS to start with, why can't it be B&S? I lost a lot of interest after the twatty comments whatsisface came out with about She-Hulk and then comic nerds at that con, then the trailers absolutely failed to excite me, so I am NOT paying money to see it, nor would I waste bandwidth Netflix-ing it.

*now it's Supergirl in her show.
    I surrender to the Contest

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Well, Wonder Woman was the only reason I'd have potentially watched this movie, but, considering that she barely seems to be in it, I'll wait for Redbox. I'm still extremely interested in her solo film: I just hope they gave Patty Jenkins the leeway to make the movie her own and not just be an extension of Snyder.
    Really? That's a huge bummer.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    I came here to post the exact same thing, almost word for word. Just substitute Netflix for Redbox.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xofer View Post
    I came here to post the exact same thing, almost word for word. Just substitute Netflix for Redbox.
    Never fear, I'll be watching it multiple times!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gbshabo View Post
    That only increases my fear that I'll have only deathly serious and uninspiring DC movies for the foreseeable future.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by gbshabo View Post
    That's cool. One of my co-workers is so excited to see "Batman v Superman" that he's already asked off for Friday, and I expect he'll see it more than once before the weekend's over. I hope you enjoy it too.

Spectacular Member

I'm seeing it because:

1) WONDER WOMAN!

2) Tangential storyline related to Wonder Woman

3) Diana Prince

4) See how other DC characters are introduced or teased

5) Because I'm resolved to the fact it's going to be a C+ experience at best

I didn't think it was going to be amazing and the reviews are cementing that but I'll go and hopefully be pleasantly surprised but at the end of the day it's all about Wonder Woman and the fact I want the big screen experience. The geek in me deserves the big screen full effect.

So far, my favorite parts of the Trailers/Teasers have included Wonder Woman...
    so while she may not be THE reason I'm going, she's certainly up there.
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

It's true, Ms Prince a ray of light in this movie and she's going to be huge. Her theme music is the best!

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Well Wonder Woman is often considered a highlight of the film.

Yep, only reason I'm going to see it is to see how Wonder Woman is treated in it. I've just never been all that interested in the Batman or Superman characters. DC/WB were smart to include her and from early reviews it sounds like she's one of the better parts.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    Yep, only reason I'm going to see it is to see how Wonder Woman is treated in it. I've just never been all that interested in the Batman or Superman characters. DC/WB were smart to include her and from early reviews it sounds like she's one of the better parts.
    Yeah same here. WW was virtually the only draw for me with this film. Now that it seems she has an extended cameo in this, I don't think I will sit through almost 3 hours of this film in the cinema. Glad to hear though that Gadot is getting praise.

The WW solo film can't come soon enough!
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Spectacular Member

i don't care about Batman at all and Snyder's Supes is sort of interesting as a superhero, but doesn't feel like Superman. Wonder Woman is the only thing getting my butt into that seat and not waiting for Netflix.