Page 10 of 245 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

So he essentially died in the film not to facilitate his own storyline moving forward but to facilitate the need of him being out of the way so Batman gets to create the Justice League alone. Wow he just doesn't get it.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Basically

Reply to OP.

spoilers:
    I assumed that the Flash was telling Bruce that he was right about Lex, as that is who Bruce was looking into when he was visited by the Scarlet Speedster
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Burning Eyes; 03-27-2016 at 02:55 AM.
    Man of Steel, Batman v. Superman, Justice League.

My favorite film trilogy.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Still have yet to see the movie. When I saw Snyder was behind it, I wanted to read fan reviews first. As a Superman Fan, would I be happy seeing this movie?

I know about the twist at the end. I'm asking was he:

- Heroic?
    - Strong? (Not 'nerfed')
    - Portrayed correctly so a Superman fan can be happy?

=SSJett;1894252]From Zack Snyder

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman...poiler-a132669

"I wanted Bruce Wayne to build the Justice League," Snyder continues. "I felt like with Superman around, it’s a different conversation when you create the Justice League, right? It’s like, ‘Me and Superman, we want to make a Justice League.’ [Other heroes would be] like, ‘Okay, yeah, I’ll join!’ I just feel like Bruce Wayne having to go out and find these seven samurai by himself, that’s a lot more interesting of a premise. I also I felt like, without Superman, there is definitely a vulnerability to the team that they’re gonna need to figure something out, you know? Superman does represent the powerful. He’s the Michael Jordan of heroes, he’s gonna score."

It remains to be seen how Superman will be brought back of course, but Snyder did at least drop some hints as to the method of his resurrection. Will the team be forced to turn to someone like Lex Luthor or even an otherworldly threat like Darkseid? "He comes very close to death in space and the reason why we did that is because I wanted to show — and keep the idea in the viewer’s mind — that he can come pretty close to death and the sun can revive him, or he can be revived. I think something more is gonna need to be done."

Snyder then drops a bomb that Superman might be different when he comes back:

“I felt like there’s a mythological journey for Superman,” Snyder says. “There’s the birth, death, and resurrection thing. And when you bring him back, who knows what he is when he comes back.”

Read more: http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/conten...#ixzz446esn0zU

This is pretty what what I dreaded. And again it shows Snyder really doesn't understand Superman nor his historical importance. They all go on he's the first...the grand daddy...well the way they treating him is like he's a piece of Johnny Come Lately who does not deserve screen time. It's the same old crap we get from writers who don't know what to do with him or use him so they isolate him, make him evil, mind controlled etc. Do we really think an evil Superman coming to fight the League will make the already torn audiences care for him? You think Cavill vs Mamoa...who would you care for? So when Justice League 2 comes what will he do? Won't Superman still be a problem as The Michael Jordan of the team? One minute Superman is an amatuer and can't fight or do anything without causing trouble. Now he's too powerful to be there. Snyder really needs to be checked. There are so many great Superman stories and seems he chooses the two most vapid...Death of Superman and Injustice.
    Last edited by hellacre; 03-27-2016 at 05:48 AM.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Still have yet to see the movie. When I saw Snyder was behind it, I wanted to read fan reviews first. As a Superman Fan, would I be happy seeing this movie?

- Heroic?
    - Strong? (Not 'nerfed')
    He has two great character moments in the film, that make up anything they got wrong imo.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Read more: http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/conten...#ixzz446esn0zU

This is pretty what what I dreaded. And again it shows Snyder really doesn't understand Superman nor his historical importance. They all go on he's the first...the grand daddy...well the way they treating him is like he's a piece of Johnny Come Lately who does not deserve screen time. It's the same old crap we get from writers who don't know what to do with him or use him so they isolate him, make him evil, mind controlled etc. Do we really think an evil Superman coming to fight the League will make the already torn audiences care for him? You think Cavill vs Mamoa...who would you care for? So when Justice League 2 comes what will he do? Won't Superman still be a problem as The Michael Jordan of the team? One minute Superman is an amatuer and can't fight or do anything without causing trouble. Now he's too powerful to be there. Snyder really needs to be checked. There are so many great Superman stories and seems he chooses the two most vapid...Death of Superman and Injustice.
    No one ever comes back the same from Death in the DCU look at what the Lazurus Pit does to people. I can't really blame him for his opinions though, Batman fans want Batman to be the Hero. It's a Batman world we live in where the people in control of his BRAND have tremendous pull in the industry while the Superman people are basically asleep at the wheel. Lets face it Batman sells what matters TOYS, DVD's and Video Games while the rest barely sell coloring books. Sucks but there it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    No one ever comes back the same from Death in the DCU look at what the Lazurus Pit does to people. I can't really blame him for his opinions though, Batman fans want Batman to be the Hero. It's a Batman world we live in where the people in control of his BRAND have tremendous pull in the industry while the Superman people are basically asleep at the wheel. Lets face it Batman sells what matters TOYS, DVD's and Video Games while the rest barely sell coloring books. Sucks but there it is.
    To me this is when DC/WB is lazy. Marvel could say it is Ironman's or Spiderman's world. But they didn't and don't. And this is why their verse is better. DC has gotten off the ground with two films that audiences are torn about. It doesn't change anything if BM v SM makes $$$...so did Transformers....the verse is off to a shaky start creatively and nothing Snyder is saying for a Superman fan sounds encouraging.

Fantastic Member AwesomeUsername's Avatar

Here's the Flash cameo, for anyone interested in revisiting that scene. Someone uploaded it a few hours ago.

- Heroic?
    - Strong? (Not 'nerfed')
    Go watch it, it is a pretty good movie, does it have is flaws? Sure, but it is worth a watch.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SSJett View Post
    From Zack Snyder

"I wanted Bruce Wayne to build the Justice League," Snyder continues. "I felt like with Superman around, it’s a different conversation when you create the Justice League, right? It’s like, ‘Me and Superman, we want to make a Justice League.’ [Other heroes would be] like, ‘Okay, yeah, I’ll join!’ I just feel like Bruce Wayne having to go out and find these seven samurai by himself, that’s a lot more interesting of a premise. I also I felt like, without Superman, there is definitely a vulnerability to the team that they’re gonna need to figure something out, you know? Superman does represent the powerful. He’s the Michael Jordan of heroes, he’s gonna score."

It remains to be seen how Superman will be brought back of course, but Snyder did at least drop some hints as to the method of his resurrection. Will the team be forced to turn to someone like Lex Luthor or even an otherworldly threat like Darkseid? "He comes very close to death in space and the reason why we did that is because I wanted to show — and keep the idea in the viewer’s mind — that he can come pretty close to death and the sun can revive him, or he can be revived. I think something more is gonna need to be done."

And nobody ever enjoyed watching the Bulls with Michael Jordan, ever! I just hope the Seven Samurai don't have to defeat Michael Jordan in battle, or at least let someone else besides Batman do it.

You know, I'm kinda sad if Superman's role in the DCEU, because it feels like he will never truly shine. He barely speaks and all he times he just looks sad and depressed, now that good everyonce in a while, but this is Superman. All I feel like is that DC and WB are butchering him slowly. And having Zack Snyder on helm will not help. So far everyone is raving about WW and they seem to like Batfleck, but not Superman. Superman needs a writer and a director that understands him and can actually take him to his truest potential.

I been seeing that Snyder like to mention Watchmen a lot, but unfortunately this isn't Watchmen, this is Superman. Which is ironic when you considered that the writer of Watchmen also wrote 2 of the most revered Superman stories of all time without Superman ever losing himself.

Quote Originally Posted by SSJett View Post
    From Zack Snyder

It's unfortunate that the main showrunner for a DC universe doesn't appear to have any love for Supes.

When is Comic Con? Maybe we will get a trailer and get an idea what direction they will go with Supes. Crazy to think JL suppose to come out next year.

- Heroic?
    - Strong? (Not 'nerfed')
    Absolutely heroic, INSANELY strong (there is one particular scene which will be amazing even if you have seen stills) and of course you know from the trailer a MAJOR throwdown will be in there and that bout really showcases his strength, durability, and teamwork
    Sooooooooooooo for me he was Superman yes but I just don't like the way the title bout went down because 'Nah, man!' but yeah he is the most heroic of the triumvirate of power and justice the film features. Both WW and Bats in their own ways had given up essentially and it is Supes' actions that brings them back to the heroic path and inspires them to build the League.
    Last edited by Stanlos; 03-27-2016 at 09:58 PM.