Page 56 of 245 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

The problem with Snyder is that his ideas look half thought and half realized. It's like there's always something missing.
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.
    Yes, he feels the icy touch of fear, but he is not cowed. He is Superman!"

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Snyder on Justice League (in bold the part about Superman):

“The thing that’s awesome about these icons is that a lot of them we haven’t seen in the movies before on the big screen,” Snyder says of the newer superheroes in Justice League (in theaters Nov. 17) such as seafaring warrior Aquaman (Jason Momoa), cybernetic newcomer Cyborg (Ray Fisher) and the super-speedy Flash (Ezra Miller).

“It’s kinda fun to really let (the actors) stretch their legs and inhabit those characters,” the filmmaker adds. “It is a process to make a team out of this group of individuals, but for the greater good maybe they can put their differences aside.”

Batman takes the lead in putting together a new super-team to protect Earth. “He’s been a loner for certainly his crime-fighting career, maybe with the exception of Robin,” Snyder says. “When we meet him in BvS, he’s definitely at this low point of isolation. That was always our intention, that Justice League would be this continuation for Batman to evolve into a more complete hero.”

Wonder Woman has her own movie coming out June 2, an origin story of sorts that will “flesh out and realize (her island home) Themyscira and embrace canon with her and get all the elements to mash up that I love from the original stories,” says Snyder, who’s also a producer on Wonder Woman. “But also we’ll see that dovetail into not only the why of BvS, but even now the why of Justice League and who she is finally realized. We know now where she comes from.”

When it comes to the new guys, “they’re each such awesome personalities in the movie,” Snyder promises. “You have Jason stomping around as this inked hairy man, just this mythic figure. And you’ve got Ezra, who’s full of life and hilarious and all over the place and amazing — a really fun and also poignant Flash. And Ray’s story is in a lot of the ways the heart of the movie.”

So what about Superman, who was in a casket at the end of Dawn of Justice? “It’s hard to have a Justice League without Superman. That’s how I feel about it,” Snyder says with a laugh.

He knew BvS was going to act as a Justice League prequel, and Snyder remembers early discussions about figuring out what part the Man of Steel needs to play.

“It was always a super-intriguing concept to me to have this opportunity to have him make that sacrifice but also have him be this, in a weird sort of way, the why of Justice League: What do you do now with him? What does the team think? What does the world need?” Snyder says. “All that comes into play. It’s fun for us but it’ll be interesting for audiences what we do with him.”

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...iler/99569374/

Was about to post about this. Wonder what he means by "but it'll be interesting for audiences what we do with him."

Quote Originally Posted by SSJett View Post
    Was about to post about this. Wonder what he means by "but it'll be interesting for audiences what we do with him."
    Yeah.....when I saw that, I could not but help to think out Jimmy Olson, and all the interesting things they did with him.

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    Yeah.....when I saw that, I could not but help to think out Jimmy Olson, and all the interesting things they did with him.
    Yeah. Does he mean interesting as in "FINALLY Superman is doing something!" or "interesting" as the '"Chinese"/Spanish Inquisition Water Torture' that was watching Superman get smacked around repeatedly in BvS with no payoff?
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by SSJett View Post
    They're so going to make him evil and then the justice league will have to kick his ass. And batman will be the one to give the kuda gras. Such a shame. I wish someone who loved superman was directing the justice league

I like people "fixing" every JL pics/posters released (and even the trailers) to put our guy in them.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    So they've definitely dropped the whole 'Unite the Seven' thing?
    Well it still may be a thing within the actual film but for the marketing side of it they likely dropped it due to the negative reaction to how they spoiled the two big " holy crap!" Moments of BvS. Namely WW joining the fight and Doomsday.

I think there will be 7 leaguers at the end of the day. Supes will be number 6 and a Green Lantern will be number 7 and may be the big surprise of the film. If that's the case the unite the seven line would have spoiled it.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

If that happens then I will be well pleased.

(without sounding like Yul Brynner...)

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I don't understand why when a creator--or anyone really--says "bright" or "not dark" then everyone just assumes it's gonna be the Donner films. That's like going from 0 to 10000 in less than a minute. Like, why, though?
    Because some people tend to exaggerate when it comes to "color", "fun" (Vaughn's words) and "bright". Look, I'm okay with that, all I'm saying is that I don't want that so much that it becomes a "Superman: The Movie Reloaded". It's the impression I got from Vaughn's comments back in the day. When I read that, it struck me as him wanting to go back to the 70s, and it simply isn't that time anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I hope Goyer stays away and Snyder too. I dont want them to continue ruining Superman.
    A matter of tastes, and all that jazz.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    Future Superman movies DON'T NEED to be "fun and colorful". They can be lighter and hopeful while keeping a serious tone. The line between "fun and colorful" and "silly and campy" is too thin and the risk of alienating the current fanbase just to try to please nostalgic fans is not worth it.
    EXACTLY. Quoted for truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    No, they don't NEED to be fun and colorful, but that might be a good idea given how divisive the dark and grim tone has been. Fun and colorful doesn't mean it can't be serious when it needs to be either, nor does it have to be nostalgia.

Keep in mind that Vaughn wasn't a fan of Superman Return's nostalgia-fest or the dark, brooding Man of Steel. There is a happy medium there and I am confident he is capable of finding it.
    Well, I do think that Man Of Steel was NOT dark and brooding. I mean, a guy trying to find his place in the world isn't something "dark". It's just life.

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 03-29-2017 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

Hmmmmm. I see Supes in the background, looking like that weird cousin at the family reunion that you're forced to take a picture with. great.